TheBu

April 2018 Filers of I-130 for Parents IR5 of U.S Citizens

321 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wife’s parents were approved! They had an interview and asked one question and said you’ve been approved.

Thank you everyone!

We had to pay a $200 fee that you can either pay when you arrive to US or prepay online. This is so they get a Social Security card when they land I believe.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline
20 hours ago, gb6435 said:

Wife’s parents were approved! They had an interview and asked one question and said you’ve been approved.

Thank you everyone!

We had to pay a $200 fee that you can either pay when you arrive to US or prepay online. This is so they get a Social Security card when they land I believe.

I’ve heard about that one last payment. I think it’s greencard (physical) creation fee. I might be wrong.

Did your in-laws pay the $200 at the interview in cash? Was it $200 each, or $200 for two of them? I will be grateful if you can find out how they paid it, so I can give my mom a heads up. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Junior11 said:

I’ve heard about that one last payment. I think it’s greencard (physical) creation fee. I might be wrong.

Did your in-laws pay the $200 at the interview in cash? Was it $200 each, or $200 for two of them? I will be grateful if you can find out how they paid it, so I can give my mom a heads up. Thank you.

Yes it’s the Green Card fee. It’s $220 per person   It’s not paid at the interview. It’s an online payment to USCIS after the visa has been issued 

Edited by Lil bear

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 3/18/2019 at 6:53 PM, gb6435 said:

Thank you everyone!

It's for the physical Green Card and to cover USCIS expenses, not for the Social Security card - which is free!

Timeline
On 3/18/2019 at 8:53 PM, gb6435 said:

Thank you everyone!

Congratulations by the way, to you, your wife and your in-laws!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline

My daughter submitted for me April 23, 2018.  Potomac approved my i-130 and sent it to NVC on Oct 24, 2018. 

After a few mishaps with paperwork and wrong submissions, I was documentarily approved by NVC on March 7, 2019.  Now just waiting for an interview date in Montreal.

We filed her support documents with 2017, but I am thinking it might be a good idea to bring her 2018 transcripts with me to the interview.  Anybody think that is a good idea?

Man, so close to the end of this! 

Timeline
On 3/22/2019 at 3:18 PM, RenoBound said:

My daughter submitted for me April 23, 2018.  Potomac approved my i-130 and sent it to NVC on Oct 24, 2018. 

After a few mishaps with paperwork and wrong submissions, I was documentarily approved by NVC on March 7, 2019.  Now just waiting for an interview date in Montreal.

We filed her support documents with 2017, but I am thinking it might be a good idea to bring her 2018 transcripts with me to the interview.  Anybody think that is a good idea?

Man, so close to the end of this! 

I will definitely make my mom take 2018 taxes with her. We are waiting for the interview too and most probably it will be after April 15th. If I don’t have the 2018 tax transcript by then, I will make her take 1040s and all, instead. 

On the same subject, does anybody think it’s a good idea to have my mom put an updated I-864 in her folder, with 2018 exact income figure? The one we uploaded on CEAC (and accepted) has 2017, 2016, 2015 tax transcripts income figures. 

In other words, should I make my mom have another signed I-864 with 2018, 2017 and 2016 on it, since her interview will be after tax due date? 

On 2/6/2019 at 7:31 PM, jhenril said:

PETITION FOR MY PARENTS 

NOA1 :APRIL 27 2017

NOA2 :OCTOBER 23 2017

SENT TO NVC: NOV 5 2017

RECEIVED NVC: NOV 15 2017

NVC CASE NUMBER : JANUARY 8 2018

PAID VISA AND AOS: JANUARY 9 2018

SENT AOS DOCUMENTS THRU CEAC: JANUARY 11 2018

CIVIL DOCUMENTS SENT: JANUARY 14,15,16 2018 

RECEIVED RFE (BIRTH CERTIFICATE,I864 FORM, TAX TRANSCRIFT 2017) JANUARY 30 2018

Waiting for CASE COMPLETE!

Waiting for INTERVIEW!

what is update about your case?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline

15 minutes ago, Rohitynr said:

what is update about your case?

Hi there.  

Still waiting for an interview date in Montreal.  Case approved March 9th, but no word yet on when I can go. 

Patiently waiting!

RB 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Got approval for both parents on 02/14,

also got a notification saying the case was forwarded to DoS for visa processing on 03/01, still waiting for the interview date.

On 3/18/2019 at 6:53 PM, gb6435 said:

We had to pay a $200 fee that you can either pay when you arrive to US or prepay online.

It's the $220 USCIS Immigrant Fee. It can be paid online with credit card: https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee/

On 3/19/2019 at 3:31 PM, Junior11 said:

Was it $200 each, or $200 for two of them?

It's $220 per person.

On 3/29/2019 at 12:05 PM, janielee said:

Would you mind to share your timeline? I filled for my mom on November 29, 2018 and have not heard anything yet (except the case received notice). Thank you!

Since all immedate relative petitions have similar processing times and I couldn't find a thread for October or November, below is the September 2018 thread for spouses:

As you can see just some September I-130 petitions have been approved so far. Thus it's very normal that your November petition for your mom is still processing. Keep an eye on the thread above.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

HI All,

I have couple of questions regrading POE and Green Card process after completion of Immigration Visa interview for IR5 category. My parents interview date is April 26 ,2019. Consulate : Mumbai, India. My Parents never travelled on any international Flights till today.  I am living in Pennsylvania.

Questions Are:

1) Are they allowed to enter on any US airports ? For Example, we have a plan to visit our relatives in Chicago when they arrive in US first time and I (petitioner) live in Pennsylvania. So CBP office will allow my parents to enter in US through Chicago airport or not?

2) When I can apply for Green Card or Pay Green Card fees after completion of Visa interview? Should I wait until my parents enter in US on Immigrant visa or I can pay Green Card application fees immediately after they finish their interview at Mumbai Embassy ?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
58 minutes ago, arpatel said:

HI All,

I have couple of questions regrading POE and Green Card process after completion of Immigration Visa interview for IR5 category. My parents interview date is April 26 ,2019. Consulate : Mumbai, India. My Parents never travelled on any international Flights till today.  I am living in Pennsylvania.

Questions Are:

1) Are they allowed to enter on any US airports ? For Example, we have a plan to visit our relatives in Chicago when they arrive in US first time and I (petitioner) live in Pennsylvania. So CBP office will allow my parents to enter in US through Chicago airport or not?

2) When I can apply for Green Card or Pay Green Card fees after completion of Visa interview? Should I wait until my parents enter in US on Immigrant visa or I can pay Green Card application fees immediately after they finish their interview at Mumbai Embassy ?

Good luck for the interview.

Your parents can enter from any port. As per my understanding you don't have to pay any fee for the physical green card if that's what you are talking about.

Also, if your parents are over the age of 65, make sure you have a Quote for their medical insurance ready before the interview. The office may ask them to present that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.