TheBu

April 2018 Filers of I-130 for Parents IR5 of U.S Citizens

321 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, gemarc said:

Hi,i just wanted to ask how many months did you wait for noa2?it's been 6 months for me but I haven't got noa2 

took me 6 months check it this end of this month

Timeline

yeah i will keep checking ..what is your service center?is it in texas?

4 minutes ago, jhenril said:

took me 6 months check it this end of this month

yeah i will keep checking, where is your service center?is it texas service center?

Timeline
20 hours ago, gemarc said:

yeah i will keep checking ..what is your service center?is it in texas?

yeah i will keep checking, where is your service center?is it texas service center?

Potomac service

31 minutes ago, JRob said:

I am in the same situation. I am thinking we are waiting for case number from NVC

I wonder how long it’ll take to receive, cause I’ll be in PH in 2 weeks for 17 days and idk what to bring with me from & to here

hi everyone,

just double checking the required documents to send to sponsor my mother.

I-130

my birth certificate 

my mother s birth certificate 

marriage certificate 

divorce certificate.

( all copies with translation)

Do i need to add anything?

sorry i couldn't find the same info, so decided to ask people who already applied.

thank you on advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline
On 11/18/2018 at 3:28 PM, mountainocean said:

hi everyone,

I-130

my birth certificate - Needed 

my mother s birth certificate - Not needed 

marriage certificate - Not needed

divorce certificate. - If mother is divorced, then needed not for your divorce

sorry i couldn't find the same info, so decided to ask people who already applied.

thank you on advance.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline
On 11/18/2018 at 9:28 AM, mountainocean said:

hi everyone,

I-130

my birth certificate 

my mother s birth certificate 

marriage certificate 

divorce certificate.

thank you on advance.

Are you American by birth or naturalization? If latter, you DEFINITELY need to include a copy of your naturalization certificate. If by birth, your birth certificate might be sufficient, I’m not 100% sure.

I'm still waiting for my NVC case #. So far no luck. I just called today and I was told that the case was received at NVC on 11/7 and it could take up to 8 weeks for a case #. It's just sad that it took them that long to receive it when I got the NOA2 10/19. 

Anyone had any luck with theirs? I'm hoping that everything works out and my in laws will have their visa by April. If the timeline is about the same as when I petitioned my husband, it should be feasible. We are going to the Philippines in April and it'd be nice if they can travel back home with us. My husband is a little worried about them traveling on their own.

I-130 JOURNEY FOR HUSBAND (2013-2014)
02/06 NOA2 || 02/19 Case received at NVC || 03/25 Case # and IIN assigned || 03/25 AOS fee invoiced and paid || 03/25 || DS 261 completed || 03/28 AOS fee appears as "paid" || 03/29 AOS packet sent || 03/31 IV fee invoiced and paid || 04/01 IV packet sent || 04/03 DS 260 completed || 04/01 AOS delivered || 04/03 AOS received || 04/07 IV delivered || 04/10 IV recieved || 04/18 AOS checklist :cry: || 04/19 AOS checklist sent || 04/20 AOS checklist delivered || 04/23 AOS checklist received || 05/09 Case complete || 07/10 Interview || 07/26 Arrived in US || 04/2018 Husband became a US Citizen!

I-130 JOURNEY FOR IN LAWS (2018)

04/11 NOA1 || 10/19 NOA2 || 11/07 Case received at NVC || 12/28 Received NVC Case Number and Invoice ID Number || 12/29 Paid AOS and IV || 01/07 Submitted all NVC Requirements || 01/22 RFE || 02/07 Case Complete || ??/?? Recieved Interview Letter || ??/?? Interview 

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I got case number and invoice ID for my parents I130 from NVC. Can someone guide me what is the next process ?

My parents are in India now and I selected Mumbai consulate for Visa interview so I should write Agent name of India or can I be agent for my parents application ?

What documents I have to submit with Affidavit of Support form ? and I have to mail those documents to NVC or I can send scan copy and upload on NVC website ?

Does NVC needs any documents from my parents side as of now or not ?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I  got case number and invoice ID for my parents I130 from NVC. Can someone guide me what is the next process ?

My parents are in India now and I selected Mumbai consulate for Visa interview so I should write Agent name of India or can I be agent for my parents application ?

What documents I have to submit with Affidavit of Support form ? and I have to mail those documents to NVC or I can send scan copy and upload on NVC website ?

Does NVC needs any documents from my parents side as of now or not ?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 11/14/2018 at 4:27 PM, jhenril said:

all is electronic process now it will tell you which u need to upload on the site

What do you mean by all is electronic process now?

Can I apply online for I-130 or I still have to mail it?

Timeline
On 11/27/2018 at 4:35 AM, esorielirol said:

I'm still waiting for my NVC case #. So far no luck. I just called today and I was told that the case was received at NVC on 11/7 and it could take up to 8 weeks for a case #. It's just sad that it took them that long to receive it when I got the NOA2 10/19. 

Anyone had any luck with theirs? I'm hoping that everything works out and my in laws will have their visa by April. If the timeline is about the same as when I petitioned my husband, it should be feasible. We are going to the Philippines in April and it'd be nice if they can travel back home with us. My husband is a little worried about them traveling on their own.

I received mine 11/26. they said had delay due to holiday. PD 03/14/18. noa2 09/27/18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline
On 11/27/2018 at 2:11 AM, Junior11 said:

Are you American by birth or naturalization? If latter, you DEFINITELY need to include a copy of your naturalization certificate. If by birth, your birth certificate might be sufficient, I’m not 100% sure.

I don't think that statement is quite correct. You can use only your passport if you have one even if you are a naturalized citizen. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.