TheBu

April 2018 Filers of I-130 for Parents IR5 of U.S Citizens

321 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/22/2018 at 9:39 AM, arpatel said:

Hi Guys,

I applied for my parents on 30 march,2018. Center : Potomac

I got I 130 approval notice for my mother on October 02,2018 but no update for my father's I 130 application.

Any suggestion ?

call the nvc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Technically, I'm a July filer but since I was active in this thread, I'll post here:

Both parents received the green card in the mail last week after receiving RFE's for Birth Certificates, DOJ Criminal History Report and Police Clearances for places lived in last 5 years. The I-485 was approved and card ordered within 3 days of responding to the RFE sent to the San Bernardino Field Office. The whole process took under 3 months from filing to receiving the physical card !! What a relief!!

On 10/17/2018 at 4:32 PM, Ruszn said:

Hello everyone

I have a few quick questions regarding the next steps after approval of I-130. Hope someone can help me.

I filed my parents I-130s on March 18th 2018.

I got the approval around September 4th 2018

I got NVC notifications via email today that is Oct 17, 2018.

I went to the CEAC website and signed in as beneficiary and paid the $120 and $325 Fees.

What I am confused about is how do my parents make me their agent? They don't have access to internet and are not tech savvy. Do I log in as applicant and go through that process - which honestly I did but I could not click on that tab as it would not allow me to.

Also where do I file the AOS form and which one do I file? What documents do I need to provide as supporting material?

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks

You can be automatically  the choice of agent. You can give the NVC a call. They can assign you as an agent. Regarding AOS, you need to submit a copy of the AOS form (I-864), 3 years income tax return, W2s, paystub, bank statement, copy of an asset if you have. NVC will send you an email with the list of documents that have to be submitted after your payment for AOS is cleared. 

Edited by amerisian

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

Timeline
8 hours ago, arpatel said:

How much time it will take to get NVC case number in email after I 130 approval ?

I didn't receive an email or mail for my mother's I 130 petition from NVC. I 130 approval date is October 03,2018

you file for your both parents?

Timeline
On 10/17/2018 at 10:51 AM, march16filer said:

Just updated my timeline. Please use the instructions to update yours. 

========================================

UserName..........|Sent.|Cashd|NOA1.|NOA2.|Approvd.|NVC Rcvd.| DS-260..|Interview|Consulate..|Approvd2|Svc Cent|

..................|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|........|

..................|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|........|

jhenril...........|04/24|04/30|04/25|10/2910|23/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|Potomac.|

march16filer......|04/15|--/--|04/27|10/16|10/09/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|Texas...| 

Jham Anne.........|04/28|05/01|05/02|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|Potomac.|

Pratean...........|04/26|04/27|05/03|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|Nebraska|

Nevin.............|04/27|05/16|05/11|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|NBC.....|

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Please use your VJ name to avoid confusion.
3. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
4. Click "Quote" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.
5. Copy the entire list inside the Quote (in a reply box) then paste.
6. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size.[12]
7. Make changes and Add Reply.

8. Red Font = "Parent is a green card holder"!
Legend:
Sent: Date I-130 was mailed to USCIS.
Cashd: Date your check was cashed / credit card was charged by USCIS.

NOA: Priority Date Printed on your official I-797 notification.
NOA2: Date second notice is received.
Apprvd.: Date petition is approved.
NVC Rcvd.Date case was received by NVC.
DS-260: Date you filed the DS-260 and paid the fees.

Interview: Date of parent(s) interview at US Consulate.

Consulate: US Consulate where your parent's interview takes place. Date of your interview.
Apprvd2.: Date US Consulate approves petition.

Svc Cnt: The service center that is processing your case.

Timeline

Hello guys yesterday I got my parents approval for my mom and dad approved October 23,2018 and there priority is April 25th 2017..i got it thru mail.

Edited by jhenril

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, jhenril said:

Hello guys yesterday I got my parents approval for my mom and dad approved October 23,2018 and there priority is April 25th 2017..i got it thru mail.

Congratulations 🎊🎈🍾 

On 10/24/2018 at 3:28 PM, jhenril said:

did u got your letter approval??

we received rfe's for the petition and aos. they are asking tons of documents to  prove identity since our birth certificates were registered late in the philippines. i dont know why they suddenly ask for this. when i was petitioned by my husband, submitted aos and applied for my . citizenship, they never asked for these things.

Hi guys,

My husband filed an I-130 for both his parents. NOA1 04/11 and NOA2 10/19. It was processed in the Texas Service Center. To this day, when we check our case status in USCIS, it states that the petition is still under review. I'm urging everyone to not be like us and rely solely on your USCIS email notifications. Check your mail religiously especially if you're around the 6 month mark.  We did not check the mail until 10/29. 😅 Anyway, no harm done since we tried calling NVC and it seems a case number has not been assigned yet.  

Also, I'm trying to look ahead and prepare the documents we'll need to send to NVC so I can have my in laws get what they need in the mean time while waiting for the NVC case number. So far, this is what I have:

*BIRTH CERTIFICATE (APPLICANT)

*BIRTH CERTIFICATE (PETITIONER)

*MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (APPLICANT)
NBI CLEARANCE (APPLICANT) **FYI. This is the Philippine's version of Police Clearance**

*CERTIFICATE OF US CITIZENSHIP (PETITIONER)
I-864 (PETITIONER) 
I-864A (PETITIONER'S SPOUSE)
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (PETITIONER)

US PASSPORT (PETITIONER'S SPOUSE)

INCOME TAX RETURNS 2017,2016,2015

The ones marked with (*) are probably overkill since they should have these already from the I-130 application (right?). I'm thinking it may be better to send them again. What do you guys think? Did I miss anything?

Best of luck to everyone!

Lorilei

I-130 JOURNEY FOR HUSBAND (2013-2014)
02/06 NOA2 || 02/19 Case received at NVC || 03/25 Case # and IIN assigned || 03/25 AOS fee invoiced and paid || 03/25 || DS 261 completed || 03/28 AOS fee appears as "paid" || 03/29 AOS packet sent || 03/31 IV fee invoiced and paid || 04/01 IV packet sent || 04/03 DS 260 completed || 04/01 AOS delivered || 04/03 AOS received || 04/07 IV delivered || 04/10 IV recieved || 04/18 AOS checklist :cry: || 04/19 AOS checklist sent || 04/20 AOS checklist delivered || 04/23 AOS checklist received || 05/09 Case complete || 07/10 Interview || 07/26 Arrived in US || 04/2018 Husband became a US Citizen!

I-130 JOURNEY FOR IN LAWS (2018)

04/11 NOA1 || 10/19 NOA2 || 11/07 Case received at NVC || 12/28 Received NVC Case Number and Invoice ID Number || 12/29 Paid AOS and IV || 01/07 Submitted all NVC Requirements || 01/22 RFE || 02/07 Case Complete || ??/?? Recieved Interview Letter || ??/?? Interview 

Timeline
6 hours ago, bengveneracion said:

we received rfe's for the petition and aos. they are asking tons of documents to  prove identity since our birth certificates were registered late in the philippines. i dont know why they suddenly ask for this. when i was petitioned by my husband, submitted aos and applied for my . citizenship, they never asked for these things.

thats why i fix my birthcerificate too because there is an error one letter mistake then its going to take 6 months to fix in the ph

Timeline
4 hours ago, esorielirol said:

Hi guys,

My husband filed an I-130 for both his parents. NOA1 04/11 and NOA2 10/19. It was processed in the Texas Service Center. To this day, when we check our case status in USCIS, it states that the petition is still under review. I'm urging everyone to not be like us and rely solely on your USCIS email notifications. Check your mail religiously especially if you're around the 6 month mark.  We did not check the mail until 10/29. 😅 Anyway, no harm done since we tried calling NVC and it seems a case number has not been assigned yet.  

Also, I'm trying to look ahead and prepare the documents we'll need to send to NVC so I can have my in laws get what they need in the mean time while waiting for the NVC case number. So far, this is what I have:

*BIRTH CERTIFICATE (APPLICANT)

*BIRTH CERTIFICATE (PETITIONER)

*MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (APPLICANT)
NBI CLEARANCE (APPLICANT) **FYI. This is the Philippine's version of Police Clearance**

*CERTIFICATE OF US CITIZENSHIP (PETITIONER)
I-864 (PETITIONER
I-864A (PETITIONER'S SPOUSE)
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (PETITIONER)

US PASSPORT (PETITIONER'S SPOUSE)

INCOME TAX RETURNS 2017,2016,2015

The ones marked with (*) are probably overkill since they should have these already from the I-130 application (right?). I'm thinking it may be better to send them again. What do you guys think? Did I miss anything?

Best of luck to everyone!

Lorilei

mine i get ready ahead too 

Marriage certificate for my parents

Marriage certi for petitioner

Birthcertificates petitioner and for my parents

NBI and Police clearance for my parents

IRS

Income tax 3 recent year

Paystub 3 month recent

Us citizenship of petitioner

Passport of my both parents

Us passport of petitioner

Picture of my parents for evidence with the petitioner

2x2 pictures just in case 

Timeline
On 4/10/2018 at 8:01 PM, TheBu said:

As there is no post for April 2018 parents i130 on here yet, I would want to start this post so we can share our cases.

im USC and petitioning for both patents. I130 forms sent 04/02/2018, received 04/04/2018, check cashed and case number received 04/10/2018. Nebraska service center.

Thanks

hi , its good that you started this , i filed my parents i130 as well on 5.18.18, got noa1 a week affter they recieved the packet..so far no noa2, still waiting and praying !

Timeline
On 11/5/2018 at 11:03 PM, gemarc said:

hi , its good that you started this , i filed my parents i130 as well on 5.18.18, got noa1 a week affter they recieved the packet..so far no noa2, still waiting and praying !

you have to wait 6 weeks to 8 weeks to got approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.