Fefe332

For K-1 visa CFO seminar quiry

24 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

OK, let me be a little more clear.  He can do his GCP before receiving the visa but he will have to register for an open spot.  Only K-1 fiancee(e)s and IR/CR beneficiaries can do the GCP prior to receiving the visa.

He will have to register for a session and attend the GCP.  Following that seminar he will be issued a certificate of completion.  With that, he can go back to any CFO office to receive the CFO stamp after he receives the visa.

He does need to take the class but he can do that at any time.

Thank you so much, I appreciate your big help.

1 minute ago, Fefe332 said:

Thank you so much, I appreciate your big help.

No problem.  Make sure you look at Hank's site.  There is great and easy to understand information there.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/index.html

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Fefe332 said:

Thank you for sharing this information, but I have a question, if my fiancé going to attend the GCP before he gets his visa, can he be a walk in to get the sticker once he gets his visa at the CFO office? or Does he need to register online again for this PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar)? Thank you again for your help.

Once your fiance has completed the GCP he will receive a certificate, once he receives his visa he takes the certificate and passport back to CFO, complete a form there then about 30-45 minutes later walk out with the sticker.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

(PDOS is for a different group, NOT Fiancee or spouses of USC)  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Once your fiance has completed the GCP he will receive a certificate, once he receives his visa he takes the certificate and passport back to CFO, complete a form there then about 30-45 minutes later walk out with the sticker.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

(PDOS is for a different group, NOT Fiancee or spouses of USC)  

Thank you😊

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, Im am trying to schedule the interview for my fiance but when answering no to the first 2 questions ( Is your fiancé(e) / spouse / partner a foreign national? and Is your fiancé(e) / spouse / partner a former Filipino citizen?) it says "Please note that your Answer in Question 1 and 2 is 'NO' then you do not need to under go the GCP". Can anyone let me know how to go about scheduling or if this is not necessary? Thanks for your time 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JKLMnoP said:

Hello, Im am trying to schedule the interview for my fiance but when answering no to the first 2 questions ( Is your fiancé(e) / spouse / partner a foreign national? and Is your fiancé(e) / spouse / partner a former Filipino citizen?) it says "Please note that your Answer in Question 1 and 2 is 'NO' then you do not need to under go the GCP". Can anyone let me know how to go about scheduling or if this is not necessary? Thanks for your time 

Answer to #1 is yes because the USC is a foreign national in the Philippines 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Answer to #1 is yes because the USC is a foreign national in the Philippines 

Thank you for your quick response.

1 hour ago, JKLMnoP said:

You are a foreign national.  You may or may not be a a former Filipino citizen. The questions are about the American citizen.

Finally done...

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, JKLMnoP said:

Two posts above your post ^^^^

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.