AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Brittani said:

Hehehe, you are more than welcome to creep away! I have done the same thing for months with others around my timeline. It helps ease the pain of waiting. I will try to call later on (I'm at work until midnight) and hope I have good news to pass on. I have found that calling in the evenings is the best time.

I have called them three times, due to time differences, I can only call NVC 7:30am in EST time.( that's 9:30pm in Australia) But they haven't received my case yet. I think when you receive yours, I will receive mine. Haha, can't wait~~~ Hopefully we can get it this Friday.

3 hours ago, J.J:) said:

Eso vi. :( Si yo ya quiero mi numero porque quiero ir a la entrevista y con mas tiempo mejor,  asi pongo vacaciones en el trabajo.  Pero comenzare a llamar aver si hay un milagro. Me dices si hay muchas citas disponibles... yo quiero una al fin de Junio! Pero no se si hay mucho tiempo de espera. :( 

You may not be aware of this but there is a long standing rule about using your native language on VJ. When you are in your country's sub-forum it's a common practice and acceptable but when in other forums you're asked to use English. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

15 minutes ago, Rebecca & Kelvin said:

I have called them three times, due to time differences, I can only call NVC 7:30am in EST time.( that's 9:30pm in Australia) But they haven't received my case yet. I think when you receive yours, I will receive mine. Haha, can't wait~~~ Hopefully we can get it this Friday.

I hope we do too!

I told my fiance I thought once the approval got here that I could relax a bit but I'm still so anxious. It's killing me because we can't do anything. I'm so sick of not being able to control our future and to make it worse we have everything we need for his medical and interview we're just in waiting on NVC. I think that's how we all feel though....relieved from the approval then stressed all over again.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, tampa83 said:

I read somewhere in this forum that Ds-160 form is only saved for up to 30 days. With your knowledge, how valid is that statement?

1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The 30 days might be consulate dependent. Mine is 30 days for Montreal but you can download the info you save in your from to a PC so you'll at least have all of the answers saved.

Just enter the system and retrieve the info once every 30 days.

Hello fellow April Noa2'ers.... After calling NVC incessantly for the past 2 weeks, I finally decided to call USCIS and ask them why it's taking so long for NVC to receive my case. I spoke with an immigration officer who told me that my case had left USCIS on April 26 (15 days after my NOA2 was received online). Just wanted to tell you guys this information in case all cases operate the same way.

3 minutes ago, osbabis said:

Hello fellow April Noa2'ers.... After calling NVC incessantly for the past 2 weeks, I finally decided to call USCIS and ask them why it's taking so long for NVC to receive my case. I spoke with an immigration officer who told me that my case had left USCIS on April 26 (15 days after my NOA2 was received online). Just wanted to tell you guys this information in case all cases operate the same way.

Thank you for this information! Also please post when you get your case number.

Edited by Brittani

This Thursday will be 2 weeks since we got our NOA2.. I havent really been stressed/anxious about waiting for NVC.. surprisingly! We will try calling on Thursday though to see what they say :)

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

13 hours ago, J❤️J said:

Hey! I wouldn't worry about it too much. We also sent pictures of our engagement photo shoot, contracts with different vendors for our would-be wedding in Montreal (which we later postponed as we decided to settle in the US instead of Canada), photos of the engagement ring, me at my bridal/engagement shower thrown by family and friends. I'm not at allllllllll worried about these. I think one bonus of living so close to our friends down south is that we share alot of the same cultural "events" or right of passages. They are so obviously engagement pics, I don't think anyone in North America would mistake them for an actual wedding ☺️ Hope this helps

Why temp fate when factual information has been shared as to what happens when pictures are shared of what could be misconstrued as a "Wedding Party"? CO's are highly trained to unearth items that could lead them to a false visa application. Why set yourself up for that kind is scrutiny? I have sat in an Embassy, near enough to follow along the line of questioning that a CO used to uncovered with just a few questions a false application. That person was denied and is band from ever applying again. There are many examples here on VJ of couples being denied because they had a engagement party and the CO inturped it to be a Wedding. Couple were denied and no way of explaining. Just my two cents. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

32 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You may not be aware of this but there is a long standing rule about using your native language on VJ. When you are in your country's sub-forum it's a common practice and acceptable but when in other forums you're asked to use English. :thumbs:

No worries. She spoke to me in Spanish felt it was rude to respond back in English. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hurray. Nao2 April 5th. Finally today received correspondence our case is being expedited. My attorney notified me and now all I have to do is approve what they put together and pay the fees. They said we could have him here as early as June 1st. We are sticking with July 1st though. Woohoo. Once they submit the app they are setting our medical and interview too. 

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Why temp fate when factual information has been shared as to what happens when pictures are shared of what could be misconstrued as a "Wedding Party"? CO's are highly trained to unearth items that could lead them to a false visa application. Why set yourself up for that kind is scrutiny? I have sat in an Embassy, near enough to follow along the line of questioning that a CO used to uncovered with just a few questions a false application. That person was denied and is band from ever applying again. There are many examples here on VJ of couples being denied because they had a engagement party and the CO inturped it to be a Wedding. Couple were denied and no way of explaining. Just my two cents. :thumbs:

I get what you're saying but I think it depends on the couple and their cultural background. I'm obviously not going to post my photos on here but no one would ever see them as wedding photos.  I understand however, in some other countries/cultures, an engagement, religious ceremony and a wedding are so intertwined they are virtually indisguishable. This could lead to the CO viewing it as a false application for that couple especially if the interviewee doesnt feel comfortable fully expressing themselves in English (in some cases). I'm Canadian and I doubt a CO looking at a photo of me eating brunch with a couple girlfriends and my mom or me and my fiance in casual clothes and Chuck Taylors in the middle of the downtown area,  would they think anything of it.  We already submitted these photos with our petition... I'm not overly concerned about it. We are definitely two single people (still engaged but not yet married) and have all the paperwork to prove it. I do understand though that for some other couples, it would be a little bit more of a grey zone. As for me, I'm just going to continue being honest. Honesty's the best policy.👍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Todd L F said:

Hey what’s the latest date of NOA2 someone has received their case #? Got our NOA2 11th April and still calling everyday, impatiently waiting here :) 

Processing time varies great deal whether your case is digital . My case # was assigned 2 weeks from reaching NVC.

NOA2  3/30; online update 4/2

NVC received it 4/17 transferred to PIVOT on 4/18

Case # provided 4/30

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

1 month since NOA2, 8 months since NOA1, I’m officially fed up of waiting! It would be very nice to get our case# today..

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.