AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, J❤️J said:

Was anyone in the Mtl forum able to answer? I'm sure someone would know in there for sure. If not, you could always get copies of all the examples of supporting documents for I134 while you are in the US and then tailor it to Mtl specific. Might be a bit of extra work but at least no sending anything by mail 😊

I've just recently been scouring the Montreal forum.

That's a thought though too. So much for visiting and looking for a wedding dress lol. Thank you for your advice. It's much appreciated!

43 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Thank you but no I have that already. It just says I134 and "supporting dicuments".

What I was looking for is a information sheet that goes question by question for the I134 for specifically Montreal so that I know what "supporting" documents I will need for his application. There is no way i can leave him to retrieve any of it on his own and have him mail it to me so I have to do it there when I visit him. 

The supporting documents are the same no matter which Embassy you are interviewing at. Here is what is asked as evidenced on the Travel State Gov website found here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#8

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

42 minutes ago, Kev&Viv said:

Wow what an afternoon lol.  I checked online earlier today and my petition was still "at nvc" so I called NVC a few hours ago to see if they sent my package out to the embassy and Emma said that it is undergoing "additional processing" and there is no timeframe of completion :(.  What's next after hearing that news?, start searching every single post regarding additional processing at nvc ever recorded in the history of visajourney of course!  After reading horror stories of it taking a few weeks to a few months to complete, I pondered over how I was going to tell my fiancee' about this new news and thought about how long they were going to hold onto my petition...  Just checked online again 15 minutes ago and it changed to "in transit".  All that worrying for nothing jeez.  Not even going to tell my fiancee' about my afternoon lol, well maybe I will but for now just sent her a text with "baby it's on it's way to the consulate :)"

Best way to go. Confucius says don't share what will make one have additional stress. Her stress level can make you happier or miserable. :thumbs: 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

14 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The supporting documents are the same no matter which Embassy you are interviewing at. Here is what is asked as evidenced on the Travel State Gov website found here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#8

Been there too. 

What I was originally asking when I originally posted last night (?) was if my fellow Canadian filer knew of or found any useful info in her searching through Montreal related threads/sites.

Ie. What does the bank letter have to state?

How many years of tax returns and what are they called so I can ask his accountant?

Templates of employment letters...

Examples of all supporting documents question by question for the I134 as my petitioner is clueless (and stubborn) and I'm even more clueless as I don't know what anything is called in the US and neither does he. 

That's the direction I was heading but I am researching more now as I learn the terms. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful
Missed info

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Been there too. 

What I was originally asking when I originally posted last night (?) was if my fellow Canadian filer knew of or found any useful info in her searching through Montreal related threads.

Ie. What does the bank letter have to state?

How many years of tax returns and what are they called so I can ask his accountant?

Templates of employment letters...

Examples of all supporting documents question by question for the I134 as my petitioner is clueless (and stubborn) and I'm even more clueless as I don't know what anything is called in the US and neither does he. 

That's the direction I was heading but I am researching more now as I learn the terms. 

PM me and I'll help with your questions. I just have a feeling that your overwhelmed, and who wouldn't be, and you're over thinking the process.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Just now, Greenbaum said:

PM me and I'll help with your questions. I just have a feeling that your overwhelmed, and who wouldn't be, and you're over thinking the process.

I agree totally. 

Let me compose what things I'm unsure of or get stuck on. I'll be filling out the I134 within the next cpl of days so I can get him to go over it and sign when I am there and if I get stuck I'll msg you. 

Thanks dear! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mariasd21 said:

Hey guys , my case is in transit and said that

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.

Yes!

...but disregard the Interview Date issue. It's a formality. You will have to schedule your Interview when it states 'Ready' or at the Embassy.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, J❤️J said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

At the very bottom, there are country specific guidelines. I'm glad it helps you! 

That's a really good reference for all the additional documents actually (birth, marriage, police, etc)

Thanks so much , it does help a lot !!

Timeline

Any idea whether having a Hindu religious marriage/ceremony after visa interview /approval - but prior to entering the US - is a problem? 
I understand you have to do a legal marriage in US after entering but will a religious ceremony cause any issues?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
24 minutes ago, A_R said:

Any idea whether having a Hindu religious marriage/ceremony after visa interview /approval - but prior to entering the US - is a problem? 
I understand you have to do a legal marriage in US after entering but will a religious ceremony cause any issues?

@naes @greenbaum guys please help, i already scheduled my appointment and i have k2(2 kids) do i have to make an appointment for then also? i attempted but whenever i put there names and details it will pop up that it was already there. i am so confuse.though it is stated that's its scheduled.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
41 minutes ago, A_R said:

I don't know if the religion makes a difference but I saw lots of issues about this, I couldn't find my link list right now, but there are so many problems I saw that I actually have a link list...

56 minutes ago, A_R said:

I've read horror stories at the AOS interview stage. What tale are you going to tell them then? If it gets out that you crossed the border as a married individual (regardless if it's a legal marriage or not) rather than a single fiancé(e) at POE as your visa states you'd surely get denied for residency and possibly even worse deported and banned. I don't think it's smart. Marry legally on US soil and do your religious ceremony later. The risks are too great.

Edited by K1visaHopeful
Sp

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Naes said:

I don't know if the religion makes a difference but I saw lots of issues about this, I couldn't find my link list right now, but there are so many problems I saw that I actually have a link list...

@Naes  I can't understand what you are saying . Issues regarding what ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.