AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

POLICE CLEARANCES

Police certificates are required for each visa applicant aged 16 years or older.

Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the U.S.

Please note that these police certificates are required only if you are getting an immigrant visa or other nonimmigrant visas such as K, V. They are NOT required if you are doing an Adjustment of Status (1-485) within the U.S.

Police certificates must cover the entire period of the applicant’s residence in a given area. The term "police certificate” means a certification by appropriate police authorities stating what their records show concerning each applicant, including all arrests, the reasons for the arrests, and the disposition of each case of which there is a record. Police certificates from certain countries are considered unobtainable.

In some cases, there may be specific Police Certificate Request forms that must be submitted in order to properly request and obtain the applicable Police Certificate(s) based on the applicant’s residence history.

I listed below the number of police certificates are required based on where each applicant lives and has lived previously.

IF the applicant is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months
AND is 16 years old or older

THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from the police authorities of that locality.
IF the applicant lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months AND was 16 years or older at that time

THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from the police authorities of that locality.

IF the applicant lived in a different country for more than 12 months AND was 16 years or older at that time

IF the applicant was arrested for any reason, regardless of how long they lived there AND was any age at that time

THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from the police authorities of that locality.

To determine if you can get a PC from a country that you lived in and/or to know where to apply follow this link: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html  Once there then on the left-hand column you choose the country in which you "think" you need a PC from and then follow the instructions and prompts to find your answer.

I hope this helps. BTW one more thing. Sometimes a PC can take up to 2-3 months to get so start NOW!!

Can someone else help me to memorize that this is posted on PAGE 77 of this thread so that if anyone else asks about PC's (possibly within the next 24hours or whenever) I won't be the only one to remind them to scroll to this post. 

This website is in DIRE need of the ability to pin important posts!!!

Repeat after me. "Police clearance info is on PAGE 77. If your question isn't answered there research YOUR SPECIFIC EMBASSY AND/OR CALL THEM."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Can someone else help me to memorize that this is posted on PAGE 77 of this thread so that if anyone else asks about PC's (possibly within the next 24hours or whenever) I won't be the only one to remind them to scroll to this post. 

Repeat after me. "Police clearance info is on PAGE 77. If your question isn't answered there research YOUR SPECIFIC EMBASSY AND/OR CALL THEM."

Take a screenshot on your phone

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Ok ok. Ive already sent an email to embassy. Ive asked because maybe somebody had the same situation.

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

9 minutes ago, Naes said:

Take a screenshot on your phone

😆😆😆😆 and you think I didn't, lol. 

I take about 10 screen shots a day about important posts. I've even started to make memos with them so I can title the most important ones and so they don't get lost in the 1000's of screen shots I already have. I had to get extra memory for my 64gb phone which contains no music/videos at all. It's all photos and documents for this stupid process.

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I take about 10 screen shots a day about important posts. I've even started to make memos with them so I can title the most important ones and so they don't get lost in the 1000's of screen shots I already have. I had to get extra memory for my 64gb phone which contains no music/videos at all. It's all photos and documents for this stupid process.

Our phones would be sisters 🤣🤣🤣

Timeline
6 hours ago, Zebrasteve said:

@Naes did you book your appointment before you got packet 3 from the embassy or after?

I wouldn’t follow my footsteps... I did it way before, waaaay before. With the possibility of embassy cancelling it, and risking the mrv fee and everything.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mr & Mr said:

Hey @Naes

How is your case going? Still in NVC?

Wondering how long will take to see it at least IN TRANSIT

Still at NVC.

japan usually gets in in a week after case number so I’m hoping it will be ready around next Monday.. 

8 minutes ago, Naes said:

And you wonder why it irks me when ppl don't bother to either do a simple Google search or care less to READ FROM start to finish or FOLLOW a thread that is EXTREMELY important to their own process? 

Lazy ppl/instant gratification with no effort is a sin.

Edited by K1visaHopeful
Passion envelopes me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

5 minutes ago, Naes said:

...my phone would be a step sister. 😀😀Screenshots since August, 2017.

5 minutes ago, Naes said:

Still at NVC.

japan usually gets in in a week after case number so I’m hoping it will be ready around next Monday.. 

It will be!

Praying for you!💖💖💖

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

And you wonder why it irks me when ppl don't bother to either do a simple Google search or care less to read or follow a thread that is important to their own process? 

Lazy ppl/instant gratification with no effort is a sin.

My fiancé would be like that tho.. I know when frustration hits we stop trying to even understand why people don’t do things our way.

but in reality everyone is soooo different. My best friend drives me crazy cause she wouldn’t touch anything till last moment. So I’m thinking maybe that’s her safe space for sanity, and this is just how I handle it. 

It only frustrates me (a lot) when the answer is right above the post...like yep this was the time I went “seriously? SERIOUSLY??” 😁

1 minute ago, Naes said:

My fiancé would be like that tho.. I know when frustration hits we stop trying to even understand why people don’t do things our way.

but in reality everyone is soooo different. My best friend drives me crazy cause she wouldn’t touch anything till last moment. So I’m thinking maybe that’s her safe space for sanity, and this is just how I handle it. 

It only frustrates me (a lot) when the answer is right above the post...like yep this was the time I went “seriously? SERIOUSLY??” 😁

What ppl don't understand is that there are devout followers on here. 

Yes everybody who reads this post: I get your post at 1am in the morning because you live in Timbucktoo and I live in Timbucktow. My phone rings. I READ your post half asleep. So if somebody answered your question two freaking hours ago and you failed to get caught up on the thread, you HAVE awoken Satan himself. 

And @Naes, I'm going to quote your "seriously" from now on. And PURPOSEFULLY give a blasphemy answer to the question. 🤣

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mariasd21 said:

hello guys I have a doubt, when USCIS asked for evidence my boyfriend sent his original divorce record and he kept a copy. Do you think I can take the copy to my interview? I don’t know it is a problem? 

You need certified copy of divorce,he can get it at divorce court at his City

1 hour ago, Mariasd21 said:

hello guys I have a doubt, when USCIS asked for evidence my boyfriend sent his original divorce record and he kept a copy. Do you think I can take the copy to my interview? I don’t know it is a problem? 

Normally you should send copies of everything for USCIS and original for the interview. Once the CO sees the originals at the interview and is satisfied with their authenticity they'll return the originals back to the beneficiary.

Check your requirements in the document requirements for your Embassy.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.