AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 minutes ago, sephology101 said:

So now that i got my case number what is the next step that me and my fiance need to do?

You can track your case on ceac.state.gov

Once its ready you can contact your embassy to get packet 3 or 4 from them and schedule your medical and interview. And ofcorse while all that prepare all docs you need for the interview.

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, YandJ said:

Mine was received on the 27th as well, I just called and they told me 8 weeks. 🤦🏽‍♀️ Congratulations! How many times did you call today? 

Thank you! I called 6 times, but the first 5 attempts I didn’t even reach a representative, and then on the 6th attempt and after waiting for over 30 minutes on hold Danielle gave me my number. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mr & Mr said:

You can track your case on ceac.state.gov

Once its ready you can contact your embassy to get packet 3 or 4 from them and schedule your medical and interview. And ofcorse while all that prepare all docs you need for the interview.

Thank you. Im currently waiting for my IRS transcripts to come to be mailed to me. Also working on the affidavit of support already. What does my fiance need to do while waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
10 minutes ago, lauragp91 said:

Thank you! I called 6 times, but the first 5 attempts I didn’t even reach a representative, and then on the 6th attempt and after waiting for over 30 minutes on hold Danielle gave me my number. 

I called this morning, and then again like an hour ago. I don't want to be a pest but then again, I want my case number... 😂😂😂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 minutes ago, sephology101 said:

Thank you. Im currently waiting for my IRS transcripts to come to be mailed to me. Also working on the affidavit of support already. What does my fiance need to do while waiting

Fiance need to prepare police certificates, proof of ongoing relationship (pics,chats,calls etc), get all vaccinations records for medical examination and so on

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

2 hours ago, Mr & Mr said:

My story is:

Im citizen of Ukraine, for last almost 3 years i live in Poland. Before i129f filling ive got PC from Ukraine while been preparing docs from ukraine that i need. But continue to live in Poland. So after ive just visited ukraine for a week and went back to Poland. And now i dont know if i must have new one or not.

Again I offer this bit of information. If you have been lived in a country for more than 6 months anytime from age 16 then you are required to have a PC BUT only if the country that you want to apply to will produce one for you. Some countries will not, especially if you are not physically located there at the time of your request for a PC. An again, you should refer to the Embassy letter/checklist/P3/or call the Embassy to ascertain what their requirements are if not spelled out in the previous sentence. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Katemdedo said:

Do you guys know what the average wait time to receive the NVC number is? I called and they said that it can take up to 6 weeks to receive our petition and the up the 8 weeks for the NVC to process it.. surely it won’t take that long??? We got approved on April 18th. Any rough estimates? 

If you care to read what others have posted go back about 10 tabs and scroll thru and you will find your questions have been asked by others and commented on by others many times. The nice thing about this "blog" is that if you follow along and read the post from others you'll have a wealth of information from which to draw on during this process. Just a suggestion. ;)

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, Mr & Mr said:

My story is:

Im citizen of Ukraine, for last almost 3 years i live in Poland. Before i129f filling ive got PC from Ukraine while been preparing docs from ukraine that i need. But continue to live in Poland. So after ive just visited ukraine for a week and went back to Poland. And now i dont know if i must have new one or not.

Can't you call the relevant embassy/embassies?

The followers of VJ can only provide you with what info was required by their embassy or regurgitate info they have read here and in many cases on this thread we havent attended the interview yet to know if our own PC's are valid.

And, not to knock everyone's knowledge, but wouldn't you rather go to the source for such an important and time consuming issue as obtaining a PC from a country that you no longer live in?

1 hour ago, AnthonyJ said:

Just putting the final pieces together and ect, does anyone know the visa fee for London? 

Thanks in advance. 

Why don't you do the following as it surely would help you as you are asking folks who are processing from all over the world and most probably won't know the answer? So, go to the top of the page here and in the blue ribbon you will see a tab for "portals". Select it and it will take you to a page that you can search for "London" and there is a wealth of information there. Next thing I suggest is that you get hooked up with the London sub-forum where others like you, are asking questions about the process and there are others there that are beyond where you are and would be happy to answer your question. To find your sub-forum you can go up to the blue ribbon and select "forums" and then scroll about halfway down and you will see a list of countries with sub-forums. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, sephology101 said:

So now that i got my case number what is the next step that me and my fiance need to do?

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html  Best step by step you can find for processing in the Philippines. You can thank me when you pass. :D Follow the instructions that Hank has put together and you will get a visa unless of course, you have some dark secret you aren't telling. :jest: 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, sillyali said:

those who got it in two weeks are so lucky 😅 its been almost a month for us already. anyways, as long as we’re still within the normal waiting time for nvc number then we should be more patient 

See above for information about the Philippines. I posted some information about processing through the Philippines.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

POLICE CLEARANCES

Police certificates are required for each visa applicant aged 16 years or older.

Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the U.S.

Please note that these police certificates are required only if you are getting an immigrant visa or other nonimmigrant visas such as K, V. They are NOT required if you are doing an Adjustment of Status (1-485) within the U.S.

Police certificates must cover the entire period of the applicant’s residence in a given area. The term "police certificate” means a certification by appropriate police authorities stating what their records show concerning each applicant, including all arrests, the reasons for the arrests, and the disposition of each case of which there is a record. Police certificates from certain countries are considered unobtainable.

In some cases, there may be specific Police Certificate Request forms that must be submitted in order to properly request and obtain the applicable Police Certificate(s) based on the applicant’s residence history.

I listed below the number of police certificates are required based on where each applicant lives and has lived previously.

IF the applicant is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months
AND is 16 years old or older

THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from the police authorities of that locality.
IF the applicant lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months AND was 16 years or older at that time

THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from the police authorities of that locality.

IF the applicant lived in a different country for more than 12 months AND was 16 years or older at that time

IF the applicant was arrested for any reason, regardless of how long they lived there AND was any age at that time

THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from the police authorities of that locality.

To determine if you can get a PC from a country that you lived in and/or to know where to apply follow this link: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html  Once there then on the left-hand column you choose the country in which you "think" you need a PC from and then follow the instructions and prompts to find your answer.

I hope this helps. BTW one more thing. Sometimes a PC can take up to 2-3 months to get so start NOW!!

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
2 hours ago, lauragp91 said:

What do you say every time you call? How do you know when to start and stop calling? When do you start calling NVC? Once the NOA2 has been received? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, zamardii12 said:

What do you say every time you call? How do you know when to start and stop calling? When do you start calling NVC? Once the NOA2 has been received? 

The first times that I called they would just ask for my USCIS number and then tell me that nothing had been received yet and it could take up to 6 weeks. On Friday April 27th  after giving them the case number they said they had received my case but no number had been assigned. Today they asked me for the USCIS number and then for my name (beneficiary) my DOB and my fiance's name. After they verified the information she asked "So how can I help you today" to which I replied "I was told that my case was received last Friday so I wanted to know if it has been assigned a number" and she proceeded to confirm my number. You can start calling roughly 10 days after your NOA2 date, but be aware that this past month it's taken 2-3 weeks to receive the files. You will first be informed that they have received the case and you'll have to keep calling until they can give you a case number. After receiving the number you can start tracking the status on the CEAC website https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.