AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Anyway its a bit confusing. For example, i've got police certificate from Ukraine (resident but dont live there) in sept 2017. Then i went there for a week in march 2018 to visit family. That means i need new one or i can stay with old one?

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

29 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Persusing through the Travel.State.Gov website now that it was mentioned above and I noticed that the beneficiary can provide their own financial support in lieu (?) of the petitioner filing a I134. (I didn't know that)

1) Would I be correct in thinking that it would be preferred to have the petitioner be a financial sponsor to "prove relationship" over the beneficiary supporting themself?

2) How would the beneficiary prove their own financial stability? Do you think a bank statement with a substantial amount of funds would qualify? A savings of more than or equal to the annual income required by the I134...would that suffice?

Reason I'm asking is that the I134 seems like alot of work if the beneficiary has more than adequate funds in the bank....

Thoughts/advice?

Screenshot_20180430-063936.png

Are you going through the Montreal Consulate? 

Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes

Me too! We are in the same situation. The Mtl consulate still requires a complete I134 and supporting documents. For us, we had him fill out all the required documents, include tax receipts, etc. We are going to include my bank statements, tax receipts, RRSP info, etc as well . After all, it won't hurt to show there is some sort of financial safety net already in place (sidenote, did you know you can keep your RRSPs in Canada as long as you are a Canadian citizen? My IA told me that) Not bad, eh?

21 minutes ago, Mr & Mr said:

Anyway its a bit confusing. For example, i've got police certificate from Ukraine (resident but dont live there) in sept 2017. Then i went there for a week in march 2018 to visit family. That means i need new one or i can stay with old one?

You need a new one. If you hadn't gone back it would be ok but you returned after a police certificate was granted. Think of it sort of like this... if you got a police report and left, the officials would say "he/she was here during this time and didn't commit any crimes, etc' but if you went back in March 2018,  they can't really comment on that...because the old certificate doesn't include that time .  ☺️You can always call your consulate as well for futher clarification. After all, they have the ultimate say. 😊

15 minutes ago, J❤️J said:

Me too! We are in the same situation. The Mtl consulate still requires a complete I134 and supporting documents. For us, we had him fill out all the required documents, include tax receipts, etc. We are going to include my bank statements, tax receipts, RRSP info, etc as well . After all, it won't hurt to show there is some sort of financial safety net already in place (sidenote, did you know you can keep your RRSPs in Canada as long as you are a Canadian citizen? My IA told me that) Not bad, eh?

Do you have a link that goes into detail about what supporting documentation is sufficient for the I134 specifically for Montreal? 

I found the PDF for Montreal on Travel.State.Gov (which the links don't work of course on the PDF) and of course the Montreal checklist on the consulate website (which is archaic btw) but nothing really goes into detail. 

Any suggestions @J❤️J?

20 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Do you have a link that goes into detail about what supporting documentation is sufficient for the I134 specifically for Montreal? 

I found the PDF for Montreal on Travel.State.Gov (which the links don't work of course on the PDF) and of course the Montreal checklist on the consulate website (which is archaic btw) but nothing really goes into detail. 

Any suggestions @J❤️J?

Hi! I just have this for now.https://www.uscis.gov/i-134 There's probably more specific guidelines in Packet3 & 4 from Mtl but I haven't received those yet . Hope this helps 😊

5 minutes ago, J❤️J said:

Hi! I just have this for now.https://www.uscis.gov/i-134 There's probably more specific guidelines in Packet3 & 4 from Mtl but I haven't received those yet . Hope this helps 😊

Yes I've been through their instructions too. 

Reason why I ask is I'm going to visit him soon and I was hoping to carry back the filled out I134, original intent to marry, his original Birth Certificate and Divorce Decree.

It's a scary thought to send them in the mail.

Edited by K1visaHopeful
Fatty fatty fingers

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, J❤️J said:

You need a new one. If you hadn't gone back it would be ok but you returned after a police certificate was granted. Think of it sort of like this... if you got a police report and left, the officials would say "he/she was here during this time and didn't commit any crimes, etc' but if you went back in March 2018,  they can't really comment on that...because the old certificate doesn't include that time .  ☺️You can always call your consulate as well for futher clarification. After all, they have the ultimate say. 😊

Thank for your info. Already wrote to embassy. Cause its the same as i went to France for a week. Like tourism. So thats why is confused.

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bianca89 said:

Did anyone else try to call NVC today (or maybe already 4 times haha) and didn't get through :blink:? First time that happened to me .... Is that normal on Mondays?

Me! First 5 attempts I got either "the number you're calling from has been associated with hight volume calling" or "All or representatives are busy try again later". I just got through however, and I'm currently on hold! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Naes can i ask how do i submit my ds-160 coz it always says submit and make your payment though i already paid for it.and when i click it will go directly to pay bank

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, stat said:

@Naes can i ask how do i submit my ds-160 coz it always says submit and make your payment though i already paid for it.and when i click it will go directly to pay bank

I have no clue if we are on the same system... mine doesn’t have any connection with payment I just submitted it and all the payment and interviews were on a whole different website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.