AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, streanor said:

No more answers, I didn't call again, I was too worn out from it. I'm just relieved I can enjoy my weekend without worrying my case has done a disappearing act :)

Magical ninja case! :ph34r:

I can't believe I was the first victim to the ridicule! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/25/2018 at 2:55 AM, Greenbaum said:

There are a number of people. Go back about 10 pages and scroll through the pages and look for your country's flag. Speaking of country flag can you please finish your profile as it will tell us what Embassy your processing through and what visa you are chasing.

Go to the top right of this page select your name>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now when you have a question because the answer that someone will give you will be based on what Embassy. Funny thing is most Embassy's have different process's and different document requirements. AND, for India their are two Embassy's so we don't always know which one you will process with. Welcome to the forum.:thumbs:

Hi,

Thanks so much ! 

I had updated my profile when I joined, but again I have done it.  But I did not get any option for updating Embassy to apply for - although I have mentioned India for reference.

Timeline

Hello ,

I am reading and trying to understand the process after NOA2 as much as possible.

I read through my embassy page for more precise dateline , need some help.

To my understanding Packet 3 is the letter we receive from our embassy stating what all forms need to be submitted and then you need to submit all these . What is packet 4 then?

I apologize upfront if my questions are dumb, but I am getting very confused.

I specifically ask @Naes and @GREENHAUS  . Thanks to both in advance.

Edited by A_R

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hello ,

I am reading and trying to understand the process after NOA2 as much as possible.

To my understanding Packet 3 is the letter we receive from our embassy stating what all forms need to be submitted and then you need to submit all these . What is packet 4 then?

Here is the official government website with step by step information on what to do (this one is for India): http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-visaapply.asp

This is the official website. You have to read it thoroughly or it might get confusing. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, glapsides said:

Here is the official government website with step by step information on what to do (this one is for India): http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-visaapply.asp

This is the official website. You have to read it thoroughly or it might get confusing. 

Hi,

Thanks I have gone through it already but I am confused as to the terminology of Packet 3 and Packet 4.

Edited by A_R

Timeline
11 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hello ,

I specifically ask @Naes and @GREENHAUS  . Thanks to both in advance.

@Greenbaum -  Typo error 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hi,

Thanks I have gone through it already but I am confused as to the terminology of Packet 3 and Packet 4.

Yeah, the packet business is a pain in the ###. Check out the thread below where someone is giving good information on what he did in India, he is saying there is no packet 3 anymore, but there is a packet 4: 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, glapsides said:

Yeah, the packet business is a pain in the ###. Check out the thread below where someone is giving good information on what he did in India, he is saying there is no packet 3 anymore, but there is a packet 4: 

Hi, thanks again. this is a thread of 2016 so the info is understandable still old. I'll contact members who are currently going through he process .Thanks again  :-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

August 3rd filer which finally got approval notification online April 26th. Should get my noa2 in the mail. Hope to see it by May 2nd when I fly to China to see my fiance again. Otherwise I'll get it when I return May 14th. I will have her get another notarized white book for her police clearance while we are in her hometown.

Edited by ImagineMe
Add date

5 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

yaaaay glad to hear that :D wohooo! let's go let's go let's go!!! 

so plans on POE? :D 

Thanks so much!  I’m still so excited!  :D We originally thought we wouldn’t be able to get an interview until June so we’d planned on a late June, early July POE.  Now we’re hoping he can fly into either Austin, Houston, or Dallas early June which would be awesome because his birthday is later that month!  Thankfully, we’ve accrued enough air miles during our relationship to cover his flight here but the dates that available will determine which POE he flies in through as the reward flights only cover direct flights.  I want him here ASAP! Lol Eeeeek!  This still feels like a dream!  :D

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Naes said:

¿What number do you call and what do you do next?

Hi friend, I already solve it, apparently when you choose the option of the language in Spanish it does not give you more options and they communicate immediately with an agent, they have not yet received my case... 🙄

57 minutes ago, Naes said:

Hey giiiirrrllll I thought you were already done!!!

I will be going after the medical. But if my papers won't make it in time, or my medical wants extra tests then I will do it after coming back.

So I just give one week on both ends before the interview just to be sure.

Nope, will have interview on Thursday - just making sure I have everything I need for that :) I've just been hanging out with family and friends, and fiancé has gotten us a place of our own (he's lived with his parents), so we've been busy researching nearby gyms, grocery stores, best subway routes etc. He'll be moving in there just before my planned POE and I'm so stoked. I walk home from the train after work every day and keep thinking I still can't believe this is happening.

Gotcha, sounds like a good idea! No issues with the Japanese visa I hope? Hope you'll have a good time in Turkey. Can't wait for your POE :) 

h

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Mariasd21 said:

Have you traveled to any countries/regions within the last five years?

That is a question that is in the DS-160 I travel in 2016 and 2017 to the United States I have to answer that question with a yes?????? 

Yes. And then put United States

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 hours ago, Todd L F said:

Hey does anyone know how long my police check is valid for? I received it today before I got my case #. My interview will be in London. Thanks

I wrote letter to embassy,they said its valid up to one year, except from country of residence. So the one from where you live should be not long time ago before interview.

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.