AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Bianca89 said:

I called again a text at 3 am my time (9pm est) and no case # yet 😅 But the guy confirmed that our case has been received 🎉 That's something ... right 😊? How long does it usually take to get a number ? A few hours ? Days ? I used to love weekend but now I just wanna keep calling 😝

That’s definitely something as some cases were disappearing and having supernatural tendencies 🤣🤣

is it 7 or 5? 7 can take as little as 2-3 hours (mine came early morning next day as the first case of the day) 5 can take a little bit longer because that’s electronic but then goes faster through transit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

That’s definitely something as some cases were disappearing and having supernatural tendencies 🤣🤣

is it 7 or 5? 7 can take as little as 2-3 hours (mine came early morning next day as the first case of the day) 5 can take a little bit longer because that’s electronic but then goes faster through transit.

😝 i pressed #7. I got the first confirmation that they received it at 6pm est and called again at 9pm est but nadaaaa ☺️ I just try again Monday morning - maybe I'm lucky 🍀 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/25/2018 at 2:55 AM, Greenbaum said:

There are a number of people. Go back about 10 pages and scroll through the pages and look for your country's flag. Speaking of country flag can you please finish your profile as it will tell us what Embassy your processing through and what visa you are chasing.

Go to the top right of this page select your name>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now when you have a question because the answer that someone will give you will be based on what Embassy. Funny thing is most Embassy's have different process's and different document requirements. AND, for India their are two Embassy's so we don't always know which one you will process with. Welcome to the forum.:thumbs:

Hi,

Thanks so much ! 

I had updated my profile when I joined, but again I have done it.  But I did not get any option for updating Embassy to apply for - although I have mentioned India for reference. I have also started following India page for updates. Thanks for your help.

7 hours ago, Brittani said:

And you scheduled your medical then scheduled your interview, right? My fiance was under the impression it was the opposite...I was like uhh babe I don't think that's right lol.

Yes.  Medical first, then interview.  You can schedule your medical as soon as you have your case number.  You don’t have to wait for the status to change at all.  Knightsbridge will literally just ask you for the number to put with your file.  The interview on the other hand, can’t be scheduled until your file is in transit.  The online scheduling system won’t allow it.

6 hours ago, Tpienkowski said:

Can you remember if Knightsbridge has a lot of availability?

They had availability about 2 weeks out when I called and it seems they occasionally open up additional slots on Saturdays.

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

5 hours ago, ChuAni said:

I just work up to an 'In Transit' Status.

God is Great!!

Congratulations!  God is indeed great!  :D

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

RFE Sent
NOA 2
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)

4 hours ago, Naes said:

Congrats!!! 

And it seems like your resolved everything here too, so me go relax and just read now :D

Thanks @Naes!!  This whole process has been such an emotional rollercoaster.  I’m so grateful to finally be at this point.  NVC was making me crazy! :girlwerewolf2xn:Lol  And I’m happy to help where I can.  You go relax, girl.  You need to rest and unwind, especially after the stress of these past few days.  

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

RFE Sent
NOA 2
NVC left:
04/27/2018

How long is the medical valid for? (Vaccinations understood but just the panel physician medical/DS 3025....)

Ie. As in @Naes' case where there is a large gap between the medical and the interview.

I read something awhile back (but I can't find it now) that we would be wanting to get our medical done as close to our POE date as possible (but before the interview obviously) for some reason to do with it's validity time limit for something else further on down the line in our process. 

Can anyone explain the reasoning again (or if that is in fact true or if I'm just going bonkers)? 

Edited by K1visaHopeful
I'm dumb

4 hours ago, Naes said:

@ChuAni Congrats Sweetie!!! @Kswtangel @Little_Vixen @Swissmiss82 @Christy&J

Ok girls, we decided to gamble. (I know how things should go but we decided to risk it)

So My case is at NVC and most likely won't get ready for a while because it is a 9 day holiday in Japan (I can't believe I'm saying this but I hate this holiday!!!!)

So I submitted DS-160.. everything is good till here...

Gamble No.1:  scheduled my medical for may 15 because I will fly to Turkey on 18, unless I get the e-mail from NVC or packet 3 (snail mail) from embassy I may have to reschedule.

Then I paid the MRV fee....

Gamble No.2: I booked the interview for July 9. 

I read all the packet 3 information I could find and it seems like that's just a packet and I may or may not chose to send some things... which I mean if they don't come till July 9 I believe there are bigger problems then risking one interview date.... 

So in the end, I was ready with everything. every single paper and information... and I gambled... now may I have all fingers crossed here please :rofl:

All fingers AND toes crossed for you!  But as @ChuAni said, your medical is 3 weeks away.  I’m sure you’ll get something from NVC or Embassy way before then.  And even if for some crazy reason you didn’t, you still have proof on the website.  This whole process has all of our nerves in a jumbled, frayed mess.  We overstress, overthink, and over analyse everything in our own cases but can offer clear, concise direction and advice to others in theirs.  :lol:  Even after scheduling my fiancé’s medical and interview, my mind automatically went to freak out mode trying to plan for worst case scenarios.  It’s exhausting!  These USCIS/NVC devils have driven us mad.  :rofl: But seriously girl, you got this!  You are well prepared.  You have everything you need.  We’re all here rooting for you and everything will be fine!  :wub:

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

RFE Sent
NOA 2
NVC left:
04/27/2018

Timeline
33 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

How long is the medical valid for? (Vaccinations understood but just the panel physician medical/DS 3025....)

Ie. As in @Naes' case where there is a large gap between the medical and the interview.

I read something awhile back (but I can't find it now) that we would be wanting to get our medical done as close to our POE date as possible (but before the interview obviously) for some reason to do with it's validity time limit for something else further on down the line in our process. 

Can anyone explain the reasoning again (or if that is in fact true or if I'm just going bonkers)? 

It’s is valid for 6 months to enter us if there is no findings. If there was a medical issue it can go down to 3 months.

after entry to US it’s validity extends to 1 year for AOS.

in my case july 9 was the closest to this date so it wouldn’t be too different if I waited or not. But I had a sickness related to lungs 5 years ago(whooping cough-everyone please remember whooping cough can happen to adults too and vaccinations should be renewed every 10-12 years! Well I moved to japan and japan didn’t have mandatory vaccinations till a few years ago so no doctor even told me this!). So I actually want to do it early, just in case if they see something and think it was tb or such and want to research more. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Kswtangel said:

All fingers AND toes crossed for you!  But as @ChuAni said, your medical is 3 weeks away.  I’m sure you’ll get something from NVC or Embassy way before then.  And even if for some crazy reason you didn’t, you still have proof on the website.  This whole process has all of our nerves in a jumbled, frayed mess.  We overstress, overthink, and over analyse everything in our own cases but can offer clear, concise direction and advice to others in theirs.  :lol:  Even after scheduling my fiancé’s medical and interview, my mind automatically went to freak out mode trying to plan for worst case scenarios.  It’s exhausting!  These USCIS/NVC devils have driven us mad.  :rofl: But seriously girl, you got this!  You are well prepared.  You have everything you need.  We’re all here rooting for you and everything will be fine!  :wub:

I am soooocautious yet taking risks right now.

i arranged my flight back so if I can’t make it to my medical in May, I will actually have enough time for medical and pick up!

by the way july 9 is already full! I don’t regret reserving it! 

1 minute ago, Naes said:

I am soooocautious yet taking risks right now.

i arranged my flight back so if I can’t make it to my medical in May, I will actually have enough time for medical and pick up!

by the way july 9 is already full! I don’t regret reserving it! 

Hey! Long time no see! Will you be going to Turkey both before and after medical? So happy to hear you got your interview appt! :) 

h

6 minutes ago, Naes said:

It’s is valid for 6 months to enter us if there is no findings. If there was a medical issue it can go down to 3 months.

after entry to US it’s validity extends to 1 year for AOS.

in my case july 9 was the closest to this date so it wouldn’t be too different if I waited or not. But I had a sickness related to lungs 5 years ago(whooping cough-everyone please remember whooping cough can happen to adults too and vaccinations should be renewed every 10-12 years! Well I moved to japan and japan didn’t have mandatory vaccinations till a few years ago so no doctor even told me this!). So I actually want to do it early, just in case if they see something and think it was tb or such and want to research more. 

So basically you have one year from your medical date to apply for AOS which you would have done anyways to keep in line with the "90 day" time limit to marry and thus adjust status shortly/ASAP afterwards? Or does the 1 year medical validity restart again at POE?

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

So basically you have one year from your medical date to apply for AOS which you would have done anyways to keep in line with the "90 day" time limit to marry and thus adjust status shortly/ASAP afterwards? Or does the 1 year medical validity restart again at POE?

it does not restart so it is from the medical exam date.

However what I am trying to figure out recently is, what if my AOS takes longer than a year because of the backlog? If this 1 year expires while I am waiting for my card then do I need to do the medical again?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 hours ago, Naes said:

I hope (or more like I think from IT perspective) it is an overall update on their side, and most agents we talk only see what is in the screen before them. so because they updated that system it showed like it received just today? 

I couldn't go through yet but I hope they gave you more answer in the upcoming 4 pages I'll read :D 

No more answers, I didn't call again, I was too worn out from it. I'm just relieved I can enjoy my weekend without worrying my case has done a disappearing act :)

event.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, LizM said:

Hey! Long time no see! Will you be going to Turkey both before and after medical? So happy to hear you got your interview appt! :) 

Hey giiiirrrllll I thought you were already done!!!

I will be going after the medical. But if my papers won't make it in time, or my medical wants extra tests then I will do it after coming back.

So I just give one week on both ends before the interview just to be sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.