AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Brittani said:

So once you get case number and it's in transit we can go ahead and start scheduling? :)

Yes, exactly.  We are lucky that our embassy allows us to schedule before it actually shows ready status.  Just make sure that you’ve scheduled your medical first because you’ll need that to be done at least 5 working days before the interview.  From the experiences of other members, Knightsbridge isn’t always great about getting the medical sent over to the Embassy right away so you might want to give yourself a few extra days just in case.

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

1 minute ago, Kswtangel said:

Yes, exactly.  We are lucky that our embassy allows us to schedule before it actually shows ready status.  Just make sure that you’ve scheduled your medical first because you’ll need that to be done at least 5 working days before the interview.  From the experiences of other members, Knightsbridge isn’t always great about getting the medical sent over to the Embassy right away so you might want to give yourself a few extra days just in case.

That's exactly what I told my fiance to just schedule interview at least two weeks after medical just to be on the safe side. This is all so exciting. I'm really hoping for some good news next week.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kswtangel said:

@Swissmiss82, @Naes, @emekus94, @Thelucybelle  Our case number finally showed up on CEAC and it’s IN TRANSIT!!!!  We were even able to schedule my fiance’s interview at London Embassy already for May 23!!  They had as early as May 9th and even some for the following week but as my fiance’s medical exam is not until the 12th we needed to push it out a bit.  I am so excited beyond words right now!  I just want to jump and cry and scream all at once!  :D:D :dance:

CONGRATULATIONS!!
So happy for y'allllllllll

53 minutes ago, Kswtangel said:

No.  That process seems to be for immigrant visas that are processed completely by NVC.  Ours are not.  They are handled by the local consulate office.  Have you already completed your DS-160 and requested your police certificate?  If not, do that ASAP.  Now that you have your case number, you need to call Knightsbridge to schedule your medical exam if you haven’t already done so.  After you schedule your exam, you’ll need to complete the Notification of Applicant Readiness Form so that you can schedule your interview at the Embassy.  When your NVC case status changes to “In-transit” you can go to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv to create an account and schedule an interview.  Make sure that you allow at least 5 working days between the date of your medical exam and the date of your interview or risk the results from the exam not arriving in time.  Hope this helps!  Let me know if you have any other questions and I will do my best to assist.  :)

Thanks so much this info is the best and the links too. Yeah I already have them, my birth certificate is way overdue though it should of came this week. 

18 minutes ago, Kswtangel said:

And you scheduled your medical then scheduled your interview, right? My fiance was under the impression it was the opposite...I was like uhh babe I don't think that's right lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
13 hours ago, Naes said:

@Little_Vixen @ChuAni

Got my case number!

First number of the day! 

Calling medical tomorrow and forcefully vacationing in turkey for 2 months... with my grandma!!!! 

Can't believe I missed this until now!!!  you go girl!!!!! ( and have fun with your grandma, send hugs to her from me!:D)

Edited by Thelucybelle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Omggg good thing I called today!! I was planning to call next Wednesday thinking they wouldn't have my petition yet but guess what!!! They gave me the case number!!! I'm beyond ecstatic right now and was shaking and sweating when she started asking our names and birthdate!! 😆😆😆 gotta run to the bathroom now 😂😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kswtangel said:

Can you remember if Knightsbridge has a lot of availability?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all! Quick questions:

My fiancé (the petitioner) currently has no income since he is graduating university in a month. He has a close relative (in another state) that is willing to be the MAIN sponsor. He and his wife's revenue would be combined to meet to income requirements.

•The form that they will need to fill up is: l-134 OR l-864 ?

• Do they have to fill up a form each (one for the husband, one for the wife) or do they submit a single form?

•What else does the sponsor(s?) have to send to complete the "affidavit of support" section of packet 4?

I'm going insane! :jest:

Edited by RubyAndChester

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, RubyAndChester said:

Hello all! Quick questions:

My fiancé (the petitioner) currently has no income since he is graduating university in a month. He has a close relative (in another state) that is willing to be the MAIN sponsor. He and his wife's revenue would be combined to meet to income requirements.

•The form that they will need to fill up is: l-134 OR l-864 ?

• Do they have to fill up a form each (one for the husband, one for the wife) or do they submit a single form?

•What else does the sponsor(s?) have to send to complete the "affidavit of support" section of packet 4?

I'm going insane! :jest:

There can only be 1 co-sponsor and the income cannot be combined...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

so i call NVC and give them my # ....she asks for the beneficeries name and than giggles and says no wait repeats my case# back and says no we havent recieved anything yet😤😤😤 i wonder what that was all about! NOA2 online 4/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Naes said:

There can only be 1 co-sponsor and the income cannot be combined...

Thank you Naes for your quick answer! And which form is it? l-134 OR l-864?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.