AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Andreypa said:

May I please ask you a little about your NVC experience,since you already done with it. It looks like your case was one of the fastest through nvc process. Do you count the beginning of the process since you got your NOA2 hard copy? Than 13 days is an awesome result!!! I'm sure everybody would love to have it that fast (me including). Have you been calling there and when,cause you did not even exceed the 2 week time. Just curious. I'd really appreciate the info!!!

I guess I just got lucky. I called them exactly two weeks after my NOA2 date on the website and the case was there and the day after I got my case #. I personally don't think it changes much to call the reps because whether or not I like it, if they don't have my case then that's all there is to it if I'm within the time frame they gave me. Just give them 2 weeks and after that keep your hope alive. I called them I think it was around 6-7pm central time. I think the later you call the better it is because they would have either processed majority if not all cases they have for that day so maybe mine would be in the system around then. 

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, ChuAni said:

List? Do you see 'At NVC'?

yes it's ok now, thank you! my god im 4 months pregnant and ive been stressing since march waiting for noa2.😫 now im almost there and we just have to set an appointment But still i can't stop worrying.. this process is toooo much

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, jeyster12 said:

Oooouuuu you gave me hope! I should call tomorrow then to check! I'm noa2 april 9 😁 

Btw, were you option #5 or #7 when you called?

i will ask my fiance if it's #5 or #7,he's the only one that's been calling them coz it's too expensive from here. you will sure get it.goodluck☺️

causing noise with my personal opinion - so let me delete this! 

Edited by Swissmiss82
causing noise with my personal opinion - so let me delete this!

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

@AnaUmo give me more things to do pleaseee...

I have all those done (my anxiety works that way) and now freaking out part doesn’t calm down...

case is there then it isn’t there then it’s there again...

by the way awesome list!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

@Naes

Babe you're awesome. You have been the rock and pillar for all of June, July and August and a beacon of hope for all the months after. Us supporting you is us finally being able to help you in return.  You're our sister.  We're here for you till the end.  You can whine and and moan all you want. We will hug you and tell you everything will be alright because it will! 

I love how you say your fiance is hard to break up with. That's how you know you got a good one hun. 😉

And damn woman.... eat properly! No man wants a starved out sack of bones. Get those curves taken care of!

Ahahah actually after whining and crying for whole day today I feel way better right now. And thank you for the support really.

i really was ok till I heard about my family emergency. But I think that hit home too much and felt like everything was trembling down.. which is, but what you gonna do🤷‍♀️ 

I feel way better now, I found people who helped me a bit about packet 3 in japan forum so I realized I already have everything ready.  I talked the medical place which were really nice and told me there is still a few spots open and I can even schedule one some days during the holidays. So I’m trying to work it out.

But girl when they said the case was not received and she insisted like I was lying about what they told me, I panicked sooooo much... I never wish that on anyone! Ever! 

Thank you as always ❤️

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Naes said:

@AnaUmo give me more things to do pleaseee...

I have all those done (my anxiety works that way) and now freaking out part doesn’t calm down...

case is there then it isn’t there then it’s there again...

by the way awesome list!

Thank you. I wish I could give you something more to do :D

Unfortunately, Jamaican wait times for the preparation of documents are literally always on "Go-Slow" mode <_< .  I'm just sitting in limbo hoping they give me everything before I have my interview because I really don't want to reschedule since it's his birthday.

I hope no one misunderstands my previous post by the way. It was more so geared towards persons are still unsure or unclear on what they need to have done before their interview. All this waiting for the NVC is a good time to get that stuff done and show yourself that you're almost at the finish line.

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is this the number I need to make an appointment????? I got it in March when they sent it back to USCIS for no reason but I had called the USCIS to inquire if there was a case status change since it didn’t show online. 

If this is it im so upset because my attorneys are the ones who told me about this number in beginning March and it’s end of April and we were waiting for the NVC to get it so we can start the process of medical and interview... help please 

B53E73DA-39C0-4C33-A7F5-F59E257CEFC7.jpeg

Timeline
10 minutes ago, CheriandRichard said:

Is this the number I need to make an appointment????? I got it in March when they sent it back to USCIS for no reason but I had called the USCIS to inquire if there was a case status change since it didn’t show online. 

If this is it im so upset because my attorneys are the ones who told me about this number in beginning March and it’s end of April and we were waiting for the NVC to get it so we can start the process of medical and interview... help please 

B53E73DA-39C0-4C33-A7F5-F59E257CEFC7.jpeg

Yep that’s the NVC case number.

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

Yep that’s the NVC case number.

I’ve flipping had this since March 9th! So you mean to tell me it’s emd of April and I had it all along and could have made an appointment!?!?!? 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

Thank you. I wish I could give you something more to do :D

Unfortunately, Jamaican wait times for the preparation of documents are literally always on "Go-Slow" mode <_< .  I'm just sitting in limbo hoping they give me everything before I have my interview because I really don't want to reschedule since it's his birthday.

I hope no one misunderstands my previous post by the way. It was more so geared towards persons are still unsure or unclear on what they need to have done before their interview. All this waiting for the NVC is a good time to get that stuff done and show yourself that you're almost at the finish line.

Naahhhhh that was a really good list by the way I repeat 🙈

everyones reactions work differently. I didn’t have any complain for example and was calm even when I considered withdrawing. But well this week was my limit! This limbo! This limbo is our problem! It is all of us against the limbo :) 

Just now, CheriandRichard said:

I’ve flipping had this since March 9th! So you mean to tell me it’s emd of April and I had it all along and could have made an appointment!?!?!? 

Not really cause t still says at NVC... it should say “ready” for you to be able to make the appointment...

How long it has been at NVC?

Timeline
1 minute ago, CheriandRichard said:

You shouldn't make the interview until your case status is set to "Ready". If it's not ready then it's not at the embassy so you could end up paying for a date before your case is even there (if they accept the scheduling).

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

You shouldn't make the interview until your case status is set to "Ready". If it's not ready then it's not at the embassy so you could end up paying for a date before your case is even there (if they accept the scheduling).

Ohhhh ok! I would of had a melt down 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.