AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

no it'll be philadelphia :) but i'll review anyways for others who may need or be interested in reading the experience

:thumbs:

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mariasd21 said:

@Naes today will be your day,go make the first call of 5 :rofl:

I did... Jamie said nope.

and I believe he felt really sorry for me... as I was crying for a good 30 minutes before that.

unfortunately, the current interview dates already changed to July 9. And I learnt for foreigners living in japan they want some of the papers to be sent there beforehand and that I cannot do this before I get the package. And that takes at least a good week... and that’s only if it reaches them this week because next week is a 9 day holiday in japan including the embassy. 

I can’t even go to turkey or I go to turkey and give up on July interview possibility. 

I need to cancel my venue too.. it’s good that was the only thing we had anyway.

So I’m busy cancelling things for a while. I’ll write if I get any news today although I don’t think I will.

Edited by Naes

4 minutes ago, Naes said:

and I believe he felt really sorry for me... as I was crying for a good 30 minutes before that.

unfortunately, the current interview dates already changed to July 9. And I learnt for foreigners living in japan they want some of the papers to be sent there beforehand and that I cannot do this before I get the package. And that takes at least a good week... and that’s only if it reaches them this week because next week is a 9 day holiday in japan including the embassy. 

I can’t even go to turkey or I go to turkey and give up on July interview possibility. 

I need to cancel my venue too.. it’s good that was the only thing we had anyway.

So I’m busy cancelling things for a while. I’ll write if I get any news today although I don’t think I will.

I’m sorry. I don’t know what time is there right now but call at 2 o'clock in the afternoon time to New Hampshire and i know you will get it 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mariasd21 said:

I’m sorry. I don’t know what time is there right now but call at 2 o'clock in the afternoon time to New Hampshire and i know you will get it 

Thank you. That’s probably 3 or 4 am here. I’ll give it a try...

2 minutes ago, Naes said:

I’m praying this turns around for you and that you are pleasantly surprised with amazing news soon my friend.  You deserve this.  We all do, but YOU especially girl.  I know your frustration, especially when so many seem to breeze through this process.  That’s not to say that we aren’t happy for them.  Every one of us who’s had to endure this process deserves any break we can catch.  But it doesn’t necessarily make it easier for those of us still waiting, except for the hope and faith that their progress gives us that there is, in fact, a light at the end of this God forsaken tunnel!  If I had to do this process again (I wouldn’t by the way), I’d bring my own darn flashlight!  😂 But we’ll get through this @Naes.  In a few months time, we’ll be able to look back on this and THANK GOD that it’s finally behind us.  Like I said, I’m praying that you get good news soon.  But no matter what, even if you end up needing to change up the wedding plans a bit, at the end of the day, you guys still have each other and you’ll figure it out TOGETHER.  So don’t let them steal your joy, ok.  Sending love and hugs  to you sweet girl.  :wub:

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

Hello! Another day of calls 😊 I know this process is frustrating however let's try to be kind to the people we encounter along the way. Both my fiance and I deal with the public and we often receive aggressive calls. Some words of wisdom... Yelling at people won't make the process move along any faster. Most people are only operating under the parameters set up by their employer. This isn't directed at any person in particular however I've seen in other threads people yelling at USCIS, NVC and using threatening language online. Whoa. Everything online is visible for everyone to see, including immigration and threats are pretty serious, however minor. Everything you say and do online, on the phone or in person can be traced back to you. Be kind people. I'm pretty sure agents are taking notes and/or recording calls. It would be terrible if they added a note to the file that said 'caller/applicant was extremely aggressive'. I'm pretty sure just saying 'I feel so frustrated... Or " I'm so confused, would you be able to help me..."  would be so much better. Theres a big difference between lashing out and expressing frustration.   This process is sooooo long and frustrating but we still have to be decent and respectful.  There will be waiting for NVC, waiting for Packet3, waiting for the medical, waiting at the consulate, waiting for the plane to board, waiting for AOS, waiting for citizenship... Tons of waiting but you can't be screaming at every person you encounter along the way. Positive vibes people. If you send out positivity out into the world, it will be come back to you guarranteed. 😉

Timeline

you’re Canadian aren’t you? :) (This meant to be in a good way by the way- as I am extremely frustrated at the moment I don’t know how it sounds)

but I admit at this moment this only made me frustrated more.. cause there was nothing nice I received from the other side so far although I did receive hang up to my face quite a bit even when I’m nice... I don’t know who’s threatening who but I know unless it is a real threat nobody has time to take notes on millions of calls they’re receiving. Not that I endorse violence (I am flashy and I do react when told bs with the addition of I know it’s not your fault) 

but yeah overall nobody was really nice towards us from their side, and I’m done being nice too. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker here, just wanted to throw out a little hope, because @naes and others have surely provided it to me over the last few months.

We got our NOA2 online on April 5 and when I called today I was given the NVC case number.

Hang in there, it's coming soon!

Just called for the second time today.  The first time I called, I was instructed to call back using option 5.  I called back and spoke to Sunny who confirmed that they had received my case yesterday but said that there was no case number assigned.  She said to try calling back on Monday and my case number should be assigned.  Sure Sunny, I’ll call back on Monday.  :lol:  So of course I called again a couple of hours later and this time spoke to Tyler.  Tyler was the first one to ask me for the petitioner’s name and DOB so I got super excited and sure enough, he gave me my case number!  He said it was under administrative processing but as soon as they were done, it would be forwarded to the London Embassy.  Quick question.  I know I’ve read something about this before but I can’t seem to find it now.  Should my case number show up on the CEAC website right away for tracking?  I entered it in, under immigrant visa, and it says no records found.  I’m pretty sure I read that it can take a bit to show up sometimes but just wanted to make sure.

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

39 minutes ago, Naes said:

you’re Canadian aren’t you? :) (This meant to be in a good way by the way- as I am extremely frustrated at the moment I don’t know how it sounds)

but I admit at this moment this only made me frustrated more.. cause there was nothing nice I received from the other side so far although I did receive hang up to my face quite a bit even when I’m nice... I don’t know who’s threatening who but I know unless it is a real threat nobody has time to take notes on millions of calls they’re receiving. Not that I endorse violence (I am flashy and I do react when told bs with the addition of I know it’s not your fault) 

but yeah overall nobody was really nice towards us from their side, and I’m done being nice too. 

Hey! 😀 ゴメンネ! This post wasnt about you ほんとに... It was just a general statement which is why I wrote "this isn't directed at anyone in particular". I have a tendency not to read prior posts before mine but  I did want to write something because I know what it feels like to be on the other end ... Just wanted to share my experience ☺️

Timeline
8 minutes ago, J❤️J said:

Hey! 😀 ゴメンネ! This post wasnt about you ほんとに... It was just a general statement which is why I wrote "this isn't directed at anyone in particular". I have a tendency not to read prior posts before mine but  I did want to write something because I know what it feels like to be on the other end ... Just wanted to share my experience ☺️

Oh I know 😁🤣 no worries but I meant I understand what people feel and mean.

Im editing however, no I didn’t take it personally no worries. I just understand people who feel like not being nice anymore.

Edited by Naes
Too much personal detail...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone! Just got approved yesterday! 

I actually thought I'd get a RFE and I was preparing all the answers to RFE that I can think of... So getting an approval at this moment is a little bit surprising for me! I know I am still in a waiting game, but so happy to be joining this thread! <3 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.