AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,346 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Congrats. My wife's name is Shiela B spelled just like you do. How weird is that :D

Hahaha. Oh that's cool. 😁

6 hours ago, IsabelandDavid said:

Hi guys! So I know that for packet 3 a photo is required with the dimensions 22mm x 35mm. And I know for the medical there are 4 photos required "according to the standard of the USA." What does this mean? Is that 22mm x 35mm as well? I apologize if my questions seem a bit silly but I am just worried of doing something wrong.

Also it says to bring "Referral Letter/ Information Sheet or Health Examinations List printed out from the EMedical website with your HAP-ID (Australia only) or Case number (USA only)" is it enough if i just bring the case number written down? 

Here is the rule of thumb. If a government agency request a certain size then you should accommodate that request. So you have two dimensions you will be asked to produce. At this point I'm sure you wouldn't want to receive and RFE for something as simple as a photo size. Why take the chance. Go Getrr. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You don't need a flu vaccine.

When does the flu season start for purposes of the seasonal flu vaccine requirement? Since the seasonal flu vaccine is required, do I have to get the seasonal flu vaccine if it is not the flu season? 

A.  For purposes of the immigration medical examination, the flu season starts on October 1 and ends on March 31 each year. If your immigration medical examination is during this period, you are required to have the seasonal flu vaccine. If you have an immigration medical examination completed between April 1 and September 30, when it is not the flu season for immigration purposes, you are not required to document that you have received the seasonal flu vaccine.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/questions-and-answers/vaccination-requirements

They said that the US now wants the vaccine given as early as May (usually it’s June) that’s why they weren’t prepared and have no available vaccine. They’re going to call us when it’s already available and I have to come back.

13 hours ago, hq990 said:

hi all, 

i sent email to the embassy asking them about the packet 3 and this is  their reply, and its ready since 7 May, im already booked my interview date  20 jun, anyone could help?

image.thumb.png.4b22e6fd0bf8b0d4f8b86d695647dc1c.png

I don't know if this information can help you but it is informative just the same for your Embassy.

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ae/niv

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

8 minutes ago, jafll said:

They said that the US now wants the vaccine given as early as May (usually it’s June) that’s why they weren’t prepared and have no available vaccine. They’re going to call us when it’s already available and I have to come back.

That's very strange as they are to follow the CDC requirements. I haven't heard this before and you're the first to express it. :thumbs: We all know that it is not flu season so it's really a waste of money to the Embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

9 minutes ago, jafll said:

my finacee is doing her medical in MNL today. traveling from ILOILO, are you saying she will have to come all the way back for a flu shot?

Timeline
Just now, benson4922 said:

my finacee is doing her medical in MNL today. traveling from ILOILO, are you saying she will have to come all the way back for a flu shot?

It wont affect her interview if she doesnt have the flu vaccine yet. The nurse who did my vaccine said that if the vaccine is not available before my flight I could just get it in the states.

Can you update us if she’s told the same thing? That she needs the flu vaccine? I’d like to here from someone else.

18 hours ago, Naes said:

@Brittani @BnK @Lyna Dy

Just got out! They didn’t even ask for what I thought they would! We are approved!

I’ll write in detail when I get home... finished all my battery playing games while waiting for 3 hours!

Congratulations. :dancing: I'm doing the happy dance for you guys.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

6 minutes ago, jafll said:

It wont affect her interview if she doesnt have the flu vaccine yet. The nurse who did my vaccine said that if the vaccine is not available before my flight I could just get it in the states.

Can you update us if she’s told the same thing? That she needs the flu vaccine? I’d like to here from someone else.

I just asked that question over in the sub-forum for the Philippines. There are more there then here who are going through their interview. I should hear something shortly. Of course join the crowd over there and you will get an answer soon.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

11 minutes ago, benson4922 said:

No we are not saying that and neither is SLEC. There is some confusion right now as to the requirement. USCIS does not require the flu when not in flu season which we are not. But, SLEC states that the policy has changed. No one knows for sure as @jafll is the first to report this. Right now SLEC does not have the medication so it's my best guess you will not have to return and that if it is needed you can get it in the US when she arrives.

Don't jump ship just yet. Lets get the "official" word.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

36 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Here is the rule of thumb. If a government agency request a certain size then you should accommodate that request. So you have two dimensions you will be asked to produce. At this point I'm sure you wouldn't want to receive and RFE for something as simple as a photo size. Why take the chance. Go Getrr. :thumbs:

She just read the document/link she provided to us as wrong. The link said 2x2 and the head measurements in the pic were the other size.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Just woke up and saw my fiancé got an email from NVC with our case number! I booked my medical exam on Jun. 4th!!! I haven't booked the interview with the embassy yet since I needed to get ready for work now:/ But I'm super excited and can't thank you enough especially @Naes!!

I'll write here again once I make an appointment with the embassy!

NOA2: April 25th

NVC case number: May 21st

Timeline
1 minute ago, benson4922 said:

my fiancée is at the MNL medical right now, she is telling me they need the NVC letter, we never received one. she has a screen shot showing NVC case approved, but, it doesn't have her name on it. so they are saying she cant go in.....#######.

Do you have the case number? You can screenshot her CEAC status with the case number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.