John951

APRIL 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,858 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2019 at 5:30 PM, Dana smiderle said:

Hi! We filed in April 2018 we have just now received our packet 3 and are sending in the required information to be able to get our packet 4, I was curious for Canadian police certificates how does that process work? I’ve been told multiple things about how to get a police certificate

. Thanks! 

Based on all the different accounts of getting the cert I've read, experience varies greatly by where you are and who you go to. You need to request the certified criminal record check under privacy act. It's not actually certified despite the name, and it won't actually have your fingerprints on it, but you will provide your fingerprints to get it. These have been working fine for K1s. Many people get confused by comments made for CR1 visas because theirs seem to be different. If you live outside of a large city and your local stations is RCMP, they will probably be more knowledgeable on exactly what you're asking for, but I've seen folks in the major cities struggle to get what they ask for. And have had to go to a commissionaires (I still don't really understand the difference since I'm the USC and my fiance has only been in Canada for 5 years).

We got really lucky and got ours from Burnaby RCMP. They knew EXACTLY what my fiance needed, were up to speed about the changes they made last September, no hassle at all, and it was completely free.

Make sure to read over the Canadian reciprocity page for K1s police certs. Print that and bring it with you. Also check out the Canada subforum where K1s have been confirming that their privacy act checks were what they needed at the interview. 

9 hours ago, AmandaandChayne said:

I’m still here. Still stuck in administrative processing and thoroughly deflated and miserable. 19 working days/30 days after interview 

I feel you. We haven't even had our interview yet :(

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hi guys, is anyone from April still waiting on noa2?? I called the second time after the 45 days saying they are still working on my case. Next week will be the second 45 days they gave me and I don’t even want to call them I also spoke to a level 2 supervisor and she insisted in waiting because everytime I open a request to see what’s going on with the case this is assigned to a different person. My priority date was 04/13/2018 it’s almost going to be a year and they don’t say anything else beside that I have to wait. Any one experiencing the same? 

1 hour ago, domnj26 said:

Hi guys, is anyone from April still waiting on noa2?? I called the second time after the 45 days saying they are still working on my case. Next week will be the second 45 days they gave me and I don’t even want to call them I also spoke to a level 2 supervisor and she insisted in waiting because everytime I open a request to see what’s going on with the case this is assigned to a different person. My priority date was 04/13/2018 it’s almost going to be a year and they don’t say anything else beside that I have to wait. Any one experiencing the same? 

Are you an IR-5 visa? This thread is for K1s.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

26 minutes ago, domnj26 said:

Hi Meghank, K1 visa for my fiancé im still waiting for noa2 any advice? 

K, your info there under your name says filed for IR5. Unfortunately, there's really nothing you can do but wait :( 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline
9 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

K, your info there under your name says filed for IR5. Unfortunately, there's really nothing you can do but wait :( 

Oh thanks for letting me know that was when I brought my mom to the country. I’ll keep waiting then thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, domnj26 said:

Hi Meghank, K1 visa for my fiancé im still waiting for noa2 any advice? 

You can always talk with your congressman. If you submitted on April,2018 you are definitely over time. Talk with the senator your state they must help you. Success! 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Bob & Karla said:

You can always talk with your congressman. If you submitted on April,2018 you are definitely over time. Talk with the senator your state they must help you. Success! 

I will do that thanks so much for your response. 

2 hours ago, domnj26 said:

Oh thanks for letting me know that was when I brought my mom to the country. I’ll keep waiting then thanks 

You might try both options below.

First try submitting an inquiry using this link from the Ombudsman; submit your request online.  If you have already submitted online but did not receive a confirmation email with your case number, the submission did not go through.  Please try again. 

If you have not submitted Form DHS-7001, Case Assistance Form, online or made other arrangements with our office to file on paper, we will not respond to any emails.

The Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Washington, DC 20528-0180

Email: cisombudsman@hq.dhs.gov

Web: www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman

Second try your U.S. representative's contact information can be found in this handy directory, and your U.S. senator's information is in this one.

If you receive a response and it contains anyone of these sentences this will be the meaning of that phrase.

If the CSC response is due to a congressional case worker inquiry, the service center will say "security checks"

If the CSC response is from a regular service inquiry from their website, the service center will say "adjudication"

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You might try both options below.

First try submitting an inquiry using this link from the Ombudsman; submit your request online.  If you have already submitted online but did not receive a confirmation email with your case number, the submission did not go through.  Please try again. 

If you have not submitted Form DHS-7001, Case Assistance Form, online or made other arrangements with our office to file on paper, we will not respond to any emails.

The Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Washington, DC 20528-0180

Email: cisombudsman@hq.dhs.gov

Web: www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman

Second try your U.S. representative's contact information can be found in this handy directory, and your U.S. senator's information is in this one.

If you receive a response and it contains anyone of these sentences this will be the meaning of that phrase.

If the CSC response is due to a congressional case worker inquiry, the service center will say "security checks"

If the CSC response is from a regular service inquiry from their website, the service center will say "adjudication"

Thank you so much for the information. God bless you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
20 hours ago, domnj26 said:

I'm still waiting for my NOA2 too. I got a letter last week thinking it was going to be my approval or at least RFE, but it was just a reply to my online service request saying my case is still pending security checks. I hope you hear the good news soon!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:35 AM, AmandaandChayne said:

I’m still here. Still stuck in administrative processing and thoroughly deflated and miserable. 19 working days/30 days after interview 

Hey @AmandaandChayne. Keep your head up lady!

Not exactly sure what's going on with AP, but there are others in the Jan 2018 thread that's experiencing the same problem.

You and I both rolled into this forum together almost a year ago. You've always been there for others helping and encouraging them. So you deserve the same encouragement! You're almost there lady so don't give up and keep that positive outlook!

K-1 Timeline

04-20-18: Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

04-23-18: Received Date

04-26-18: Notice Date

04-27-18: NOA1

11-07-18: Received RFE notice via text

11-13-18: Received RFE Letter

11-29-18: Returned RFE Information to USCIS

12-03-18: USCIS Received RFE Information

12-14-18: NOA2

01-07-19: NVC Received Case

01-11-19: Received NVC Case #

01-22-19: Left NVC

7 hours ago, SteVas said:

Hey @AmandaandChayne. Keep your head up lady!

Not exactly sure what's going on with AP, but there are others in the Jan 2018 thread that's experiencing the same problem.

You and I both rolled into this forum together almost a year ago. You've always been there for others helping and encouraging them. So you deserve the same encouragement! You're almost there lady so don't give up and keep that positive outlook!

It’s really hard to stay positive because I stupidly resigned from work and leave work next week (can’t rescind my notice) so my fiancé is going to have to pay my bills and we booked my flights for next week (6 weeks after interview)thinking that would be more than enough time which we are going to lose money on if my visa isn’t issued this week.

seeing that others are still in the same position months before me scares me silly and the longer this goes on I get more scared that I’ll be ultimately denied.

let my case be a cautionary tale for others.

not knowing why I’m in additional ap when I had a very simple interview and was told 7-10 working days and should be approved is horrid.

32 total days 21 days now and no change since jan 30th.

if anyone reading this prays please pray for us. Thanks 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 hours ago, AmandaandChayne said:

It’s really hard to stay positive because I stupidly resigned from work and leave work next week (can’t rescind my notice) so my fiancé is going to have to pay my bills and we booked my flights for next week (6 weeks after interview)thinking that would be more than enough time which we are going to lose money on if my visa isn’t issued this week.

seeing that others are still in the same position months before me scares me silly and the longer this goes on I get more scared that I’ll be ultimately denied.

let my case be a cautionary tale for others.

not knowing why I’m in additional ap when I had a very simple interview and was told 7-10 working days and should be approved is horrid.

32 total days 21 days now and no change since jan 30th.

if anyone reading this prays please pray for us. Thanks 

Well, at.least you had your interview. My embassy is closed now. We paid for 3 visas already and now my case will be transferred to other embassy and probably we need to pay again. You are definitely a step closer LOL. Can you call to your embassy or send an email? A friend had same problem she called and next day her visa changed to "issued"... Try to call them or send an email showing how worried you are... I hope you can get your visa this week.... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.