John951

APRIL 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,858 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
20 hours ago, Spotify said:

Just curious, has VisaJourney's timeline estimate been accurate for you all?

My NOA2 arrived about 2 weeks before the VisaJourney timeline estimate, but I received my NOA2 before any of my "Similar Timelines" did.  Even before those that had filed a month before me.

I have no idea if it's relevant, but I used RapidVisa to help organize/check the application.  I was very pleased, thus far, with their assistance.

Spoiler

Prepping N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, seganku said:

My NOA2 arrived about 2 weeks before the VisaJourney timeline estimate, but I received my NOA2 before any of my "Similar Timelines" did.  Even before those that had filed a month before me.

I have no idea if it's relevant, but I used RapidVisa to help organize/check the application.  I was very pleased, thus far, with their assistance.

Congrats!!!!

I am following your journey.  My NOA1 was received about two weeks after you.  My fiance is also from China and I also used Rapid Visa.  

Edited by Rbenthompson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 10/19/2018 at 11:10 PM, Lucas&Thao said:

I have not posted here before but my fiancé and I were just approved

noa1 was April 30

noa2 was October 19

i was with my fiancé when I received  a text message saying there was action taken On our case, so we logged in and checked status and seen we were approved 

thank you everyone for sharing it really helps to see everyone going through the same process.  Good luck to all

Congrats! My NOA1 was 6/5. Hoping to receive NOA2 when I am in HCM Nov 23-25. Would be wonderful to be with her when the notification comes.

I know this has been asked before... but what are the links for the old and new website.. I can't tell which one I keep looking at... so much has gone on in this group lately I can't seem to find it!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
5 minutes ago, emm21717 said:

I know this has been asked before... but what are the links for the old and new website.. I can't tell which one I keep looking at... so much has gone on in this group lately I can't seem to find it!!

Old site: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

New site: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
5 hours ago, dhaubau86 said:

I just check about 50 applications  after my case number in old site... about 10% with Approvals and 10% with RFEs . 80% still case received. ..

When I go thru descending order from my number its all I-130 applications ..Whereas as when doing ascending its all I-129Fs.  They are all received on 23rd April ..

I think I checked about 500 applications above and below our case number to find all 171 other i-129f filed on April 17th.      

Got approved on October 12th. But about 97 still say "Case received".  I guess some of those have been also approved but the site has not been updated, but still a lot to process.

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, emm21717 said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do old site.   New site is "my uscis" or something, you have to register an account to use that. 

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think I might have figured out why I got an RFE.  I think I was too vague in my description for question #54.  I put the following and after rereading it, I think I would have flagged myself for it.  Can I please get anyone else's opinion if they think that is quite possibly I got RFE'd

"I met my fiancé Wilma ***** in Manila Philippines on 03/22/2018 and we spent 19 nights together"

I didn't really state how we met or what brought me there or the actual circumstances of how we actually met.  I did include in my packet screenshots of her profile on Cherry Blossoms and our first conversation on the site as well.  So what does anyone else think?  is it possible that's why it RFE'd?   Thanks in advance!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

I think I might have figured out why I got an RFE.  I think I was too vague in my description for question #54.  I put the following and after rereading it, I think I would have flagged myself for it.  Can I please get anyone else's opinion if they think that is quite possibly I got RFE'd

"I met my fiancé Wilma ***** in Manila Philippines on 03/22/2018 and we spent 19 nights together"

I didn't really state how we met or what brought me there or the actual circumstances of how we actually met.  I did include in my packet screenshots of her profile on Cherry Blossoms and our first conversation on the site as well.  So what does anyone else think?  is it possible that's why it RFE'd?   Thanks in advance!

Well, yes, a Q54 answer explaining "when we first met in person" rather than "how/why we first met online" was the reason for someone elses RFE - discussed about 20 pages back or so.  The posted a screenshot of the RFE and their Q54 answer.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, Anna&eiad said:

California recieved my rfe back so get working on it hahahaha

Screenshot_2018-10-24-16-08-23.png

Ohhh very nice. Glad for you. We are still waiting our rfe letter arrive soon..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, rye_212 said:

Well, yes, a Q54 answer explaining "when we first met in person" rather than "how/why we first met online" was the reason for someone elses RFE - discussed about 20 pages back or so.  The posted a screenshot of the RFE and their Q54 answer.  

But I never stated we met online in Q54.  Is that probably still why you think?  Just that I only answered the date we met in Manila and how long we were together?

2 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

But I never stated we met online in Q54.  Is that probably still why you think?  Just that I only answered the date we met in Manila and how long we were together?

1. You met on Cherry Blossoms which many times has been flagged as a IMBRA sight.

2. Your short answer to the question

3. No hard copies of evidence that you met

You better take your time answering this RFE. Do some research and see how others have answered these situations. You only have one more shot at this and if you get it wrong you face DENIAL. Don't take this lightly.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.