John951

APRIL 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,858 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well, I'm giving up. It's frustrating, irritating and maddening.  Nothing at all today.  NOA1 date of 4/4.    I'm going to take a break.  It's busy season at my job anyway, so I have more than enough to keep me distracted.  I sincerely hope the rest of my April pals get good news this week.  201 days here and counting.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So devastated ...Got an RFE, they said they sent it out today Oct 22.  On average how long does it take to get to me?  I'm going over to visit her Thursday on the 25th, and I am hoping I am able to send out whatever information they need.  unsure the likelihood I will get it within 2 days.

Edited by Cmptrsdeal

1 hour ago, gkzrl said:

I have, and here's my experience:

Saw my noa2 on the new website saying we were approved on October 9th.

On the 12th (Friday), my fiancé got a notification that USPS had delivered the letter (on the digitalized photo of the letter, the notice date says the 8th).

My fiancé was traveling at the time, so he only got back home on Tuesday night (16th) - and the letter wasn't there!!!!

After doing some research on the web, I found out that it's a common complaint that people receive the delivery notification but the letter will only show up about 4-7 days later.

So, it's been 2 weekes and our letter is either lost forever or they've delivered it to the neighbor - my fiancé will go back home tonight (traveling again) and ask them.

Ughhhh

Oh man that is not fun. On the other side of the coin, I was notified about the letter today, and the letter was in my mailbox today. I guess it'####### or miss with the timing. 

Edited by MeghanK

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

14 minutes ago, Mahlerfanran said:

Well, I'm giving up. It's frustrating, irritating and maddening.  Nothing at all today.  NOA1 date of 4/4.    I'm going to take a break.  It's busy season at my job anyway, so I have more than enough to keep me distracted.  I sincerely hope the rest of my April pals get good news this week.  201 days here and counting.  

Oh man I'm rooting for you! There's a promising week ahead of you to hear something!

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Approved today.

NOA1 - 04/25 new site

04/20 old site

NOA2 - 10/22

Does anyone know when the visas are sent to the NVC? Is it specific dates of the month or sent at random?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello friends! I hope everyone is fine ... I always read but never comment hehe ... today I am writing to let you know that they asked for a rfe. but I'm happy anyway! it's better that nothing hehe.
the app was the one that I notice .. in the old site I change the status .. in the new one it has not changed yet.
Noa1: April 18
RFE: October 22
When I know what my rfe is about, I will be telling you.
good luck and patience friends

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

So devastated ...Got an RFE, they said they sent it out today Oct 22.  On average how long does it take to get to me?  I'm going over to visit her Thursday on the 25th, and I am hoping I am able to send out whatever information they need.  unsure the likelihood I will get it within 2 days.

Our RFE notice was on oct. 11 (thursday afternoon) we got the letter oct. 15 (monday) I would say 2 days, not counting sunday

®️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Valmabe said:

Our RFE notice was on oct. 11 (thursday afternoon) we got the letter oct. 15 (monday) I would say 2 days, not counting sunday

Thank you for your response.  I'm hoping to get it before I leave so I can actually do something about it before I leave, cause I'll be gone for 3 wks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, RafaelC said:

Hello! First time writing on the forum but been following this thread (kind of obsessively lol) for a while, it's great to see how supportive everyone is around here.

Today we got the RFE, has anyone else on the recieved this and what type of extra evidence does USCIS ask for?

I was sure my package was more than complete, had tons of evidence (me and my fiance have been together since highschool and lived in the same country throughout the entire relationship until I moved back to the US last year) I would really appreciate some insight from the senior member of the thread 😃.

If it's for any interest:

NOA1 04/19/2018 

RFE: 10/22/2018

I just received my RFE in the mail today. I am most likely overthinking on what I need to send though haha. I shared a pic of my RFE but mine stated

"Although your answer to question 55 on the fiancee petition indicates that you did not meet the beneficiary through the services of an international marriage broker, it is not clear that website, where you met the beneficiary, is not an Internation Marriage Broker. International Marriage Broker is considered a business that charges fees for services for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services, or social referrals between United States citizens and foreign nationals. If the website through which you met the beneficiary provides such services, you must submit a copy of the signed written consent form that the International Marriage Broker obtained the beneficiary, [fiances name], authorizing the release of her personal contact information to you, or documentation's to establish that the website is not an International Marriage Broker"

So this will be easy enough. If I understand it all correctly. haha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

See my answer to @lanKei above.

Ahh gotcha. Yeah, had it marked as no but I guess when I explained it I did not state how I met her. I plan on responding with that we did not meet online and that we met through her cousin who lives in my City and going to see if her cousin will write a letter stating that she was the person that introduced us over facebook video chat. 

Thinking here is what I will give them:

1. Letter from me.
2. Letter from her cousin.

3. FB ToS as s just in case they count meeting her through facebook video chat as meeting through a website.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Mahlerfanran said:

Do not lose hope, and patience, try to stay away from the forum a couple of days, seen people's aprovals or rfe make things more difficult for you. Hope you get something soon.  

®️

7 minutes ago, Valmabe said:

Do not lose hope, and patience, try to stay away from the forum a couple of days, seen people's aprovals or rfe make things more difficult for you. Hope you get something soon.  

I had to stay away too.. While waiting to recieve the rfe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 10/15/2018 at 8:21 AM, WillieT1986 said:

Oh my god, you people are up and active way too early for me. hahaha
Here is to hope that a lot more of you receive your NOA2's this week either by snail mail or online notification. 

If anyone that has Vietnam fiances would like to chat and work together then I'd be down for that.

I myself am trying to go back to Vietnam next month to visit mine before she jumps through my phone due to impatience lol.

Im up for that. My fiance is from Vietnam and we just received our NOA2 today  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Maham10 said:

I have the exact same (5/01 on the NOA1). I'm so nervous I can't concentrate on anything else. We still haven't recieved anything yet :(

NOA 1 date is April 25 here. Hang in there! Our approvals are coming soon!! :)

*trying to say this to my self too

K1 Visa

04/23/2018 - Mailed I-129F package to Dallas, TX

04/25/2018 - NOA 1 (old website)

04/30/2018 - Electronic NOA 1 (new website)

05/04/2018 - Received NOA 1 Hardcopy in mailbox (Notice Date : 04/30/2018)

11/06/2018 - NOA 2 via text message and old website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.