John951

APRIL 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,858 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, người nước ngoài said:

Very frustrating to see people with NOA 1 after early April filers getting NOA2

just called USCIS to ask about my case....didn’t get past the initial person answering but she did say that the cases are processed in which they are received. So as to why some get NOA2s before others, she could not elaborate on. So my assumption is that anyone with an early April NOA1 is under some kind of review but in a holding pattern of sorts. Could be for any reason. So really it’s just a waiting game at this point.....199 days and counting 

Understanding your frustration. Old site says they received my case April 3rd and the new site April 6th. I have not received any update either and getting nervous because I see late April filers getting their NOA2. 

Only positive is I think there's still way more April filers unapproved than approved, we all only notice the approvals because they are posted and we are looking for them. We should all start posting each day that we still aren't approved and then we will all feel better when there are more "not approved" posts than "approved" 😂

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
14 minutes ago, G&Mootez said:

Understanding your frustration. Old site says they received my case April 3rd and the new site April 6th. I have not received any update either and getting nervous because I see late April filers getting their NOA2. 

From what the person at USCIS explained is that the cases are proceeded in order received. So someone getting NOA2 after us means that my case is in someone’s computer and been looked at. Not sure what is waiting on and she would not let me speak to anyone so basically keep waiting for now.im assuming based on your NOA1 date is the same 

Edited by người nước ngoài

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi guys,  Have someone who it recieved a RFE on Oct,16 or around has that letter in hand? I'm still waiting for that letter. I know from Texas it was waiting. I don't remenber who is. Thanks

Timeline
6 minutes ago, người nước ngoài said:

From what the person at USCIS explained is that the cases are proceeded in order received. So someone getting NOA2 after us means that my case is in someone’s computer and been looked at. Not sure what is waiting on and she would not let me speak to anyone so basically keep waiting for now.im assuming based on your NOA1 date is the same 

Someone mentioned on here it’s usually because of background checks....this puzzles me too because in addition to me never having been arrested, I pay all my taxes (a lot of taxes actually annually) and never cause any trouble for anyone.

Edited by người nước ngoài

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, người nước ngoài said:

Someone mentioned on here it’s usually because of background checks....this puzzles me too because in addition to me never having been arrested, I pay all my taxes (a lot of taxes actually annually) and never cause any trouble for anyone.

That would be strange. I’m a teacher and have background checks done on me all the time and as far as I’m concerned this should be no problem.

31 minutes ago, người nước ngoài said:

It doesn't make a difference that your spit and polished character is being in play here. So is the beneficiary having their background checked and who also will go under the microscope as they say. It's like you think walking down the street you can look at someone and say oh he must be a good chap nor can USCIS say anything about your character before investigating it. 

They have the gold they get to make the rules.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

I'm the one in Texas rfe send Oct 16th. Did not arrive in the mail today. Sad day.

22 hours ago, Kyle&Ana said:

yeahhh i had a lot of bad dreams about starting other month without know nothing about them or our file get lost ...a lot of bad things! but an RFE is basicly "Hey i would like to approve this file but this X is missing...can u give  it to me"..."O sure there it is!".. "Oh cool i can approve now"!! bye NVC next!

I always said october is our month

1 hour ago, Bob & Karla said:

Hi guys,  Have someone who it recieved a RFE on Oct,16 or around has that letter in hand? I'm still waiting for that letter. I know from Texas it was waiting. I don't remenber who is. Thanks

Did not arrive today in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Anna&eiad said:

Did not arrive today in the mail

Hi Anna&eiad....Hmmmm, wellllll waiting the famous letter still....Thanks for reply

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

It doesn't make a difference that your spit and polished character is being in play here. So is the beneficiary having their background checked and who also will go under the microscope as they say. It's like you think walking down the street you can look at someone and say oh he must be a good chap nor can USCIS say anything about your character before investigating it. 

They have the gold they get to make the rules.

I heard that the background check is only for the beneficiary not the petitioner is that correct?

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Fernando&Steven said:

I heard that the background check is only for the beneficiary not the petitioner is that correct?

Petioner supplies a social security number an assume the initial background check is on petitioner considering there is a section of questions asking about being arrested for domestic violence etc

I think the beneficiary has their background check in their home country and is apart of some paperwork delivered upon NVC sending case to the embassy there

thats my understanding but I could be wrong

NOA2 is based on applicant background check at this stage I believe 

58 minutes ago, người nước ngoài said:

Petioner supplies a social security number an assume the initial background check is on petitioner considering there is a section of questions asking about being arrested for domestic violence etc

I think the beneficiary has their background check in their home country and is apart of some paperwork delivered upon NVC sending case to the embassy there

thats my understanding but I could be wrong

NOA2 is based on applicant background check at this stage I believe 

Uscis background checks at this stage are  FBI name checks of both beneficiary and petitioner, IBIS name checks at port of entry and fingerprint checks at biometrics appointments. So I believe which makes me feel better as I have a very common name and have had two other surnames due to a previous marriage and a name change when I was a kid so mine may take a bit longer.

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Note to self: don’t read about other people’s rfes cos when you do and you know they could give you one for the same reason but may not it makes you paranoid.

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

3 hours ago, Fernando&Steven said:

As part of its benefits adjudication process and as required by law, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) conducts background checks on petitioners and applicants (beneficiary) who seek certain immigration benefits. These background checks consist of four separate checks against systems within Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). In order to facilitate the collection and transmission of information necessary to complete background check processes, USCIS maintains five information technology electronic systems: the Fingerprint Masthead Notification System (FMNS), the Customer Identity Capture System (CICS), the FD-258 Tracking System - Mainframe (FD-258 MF), the Benefits Biometrics Support System (BBSS), and the Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) Manifest. USCIS is conducting this privacy impact assessment (PIA) because FMNS, CICS, FD-258 MF, BBSS, and IBIS Manifest collect, use, and share personally identifiable information (PII). This PIA replaces the previously published USCIS PIA for the "Background Check Service (BCS)" which describes planned background check-related systems that were never implemented. Upon publication of this PIA, the BCS PIA will be retired. 

https://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/privacy/privacy_pia_uscis_ibbcs.pdf

There are background checks at USCIS.

As part of its benefits adjudication process and as required by law, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) conducts background checks on petitioners and applicants who seek certain immigration benefits. These background checks consist of four separate checks against systems within Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). In order to facilitate the collection and transmission of information necessary to complete background check processes, USCIS maintains five information technology electronic systems: the Fingerprint Masthead Notification System (FMNS), the Customer Identity Capture System (CICS), the FD-258 Tracking System - Mainframe (FD-258 MF), the Benefits Biometrics Support System (BBSS), and the Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) Manifest. USCIS is conducting this privacy impact assessment (PIA) because FMNS, CICS, FD-258 MF, BBSS, and IBIS Manifest collect, use, and share personally identifiable information (PII). This PIA replaces the previously published USCIS PIA for the "Background Check Service (BCS)" which describes planned background check-related systems that were never implemented. Upon publication of this PIA, the BCS PIA will be retired.

There are checks at NVC.

When they receive the approved 129f from USCIS, The check to ensure that it’s been stamped. He said they occasionally receive a petition from USCIS and it does not have the appropriate approval stamp in the upper left-hand corner. They are also checking to make sure that the three criminal questions have been answered. He noted that there are times when the petitioner will forget to complete those questions and those questions are subsequently missed by the adjudicator.  In both of these instances the case will then be sent back to USCIS. He said if one of these things occur NVC would know within the first week of receiving the case. 

And there are checks at the Embassy.

Embassy will take a biometric (fingerprints) from the beneficiary at the time of the interview. During post interview processing the fingerprint card is scanned and checked against a number of interagency data bases to ensure the true integrity of the individual who is migrating.  

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.