VickeySis

? on background check for k1 after NOA2 approval

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I know this is way too soon for us(filed I129f Jan 2018) however I was just reading ahead to next phases after NOA2 (god willing) and just have a general question.

I am the petitioner US citizen living in America now, my fiancé is from Pakistan but resides in the UAE(where we met) and this is where I also stated the consulate he will be interviewing at. I noticed it said once NVC sends case to the Consulate in UAE our names will be ran thru the proper databases...does anyone know what that means???  like for the UAE, Pakistan and US??? Does anyone think then maybe it may be faster if he were back in Pakistan so the "investigation" doesn't have to go thru too many obstacles and countries...just asking if anyone has been thru this step and can enlighten me it would be great!

Thank you:)

• 2 months later...

@VickeySis I am no expert and only a little bit ahead of you (November filer) but I can see that nobody has stepped up to answer. So thought I might share what I have gathered this far. I *think* that the names will still have to be ran thru the proper databases...because background checks will have to be done on every place he has lived since he was 16 and if he lived there for more than 6 months. So even if he goes back to Pakistan - they would still do a check on him in Dubai, since he lived there. I could be wrong...but this is my understanding. Hope it helps in some way. Good luck! 

Jela (USC, Missouri) & Ben (East Indian in Dubai)  :wub:

Adjusting Status from Conditional Green Card after K1 Visa:
4-20-21 Sent 751 packet (via USPS overnight)

4-21-21 Received by USCIS (Signed by T. Wright)

5-7-21   Receipt date on our 797 (extending GC for 18 months) {we included G-1145, got a text, but no email - for those curious.}

5-8-21   Received Text message from USCIS with receipt number, Assigning service center SRC. (@12:35pm) 

5-10-21  Check cashed/cleared our bank

5-13-21  Hard copy of 797 Received in postal mail

5-17-21 Received email notice update from USCIS account that on 17th they used his previous biometrics for 751.

5-21-21 Biometrics letter received in postal mail.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ben & Jela said:

@VickeySis I am no expert and only a little bit ahead of you (November filer) but I can see that nobody has stepped up to answer. So thought I might share what I have gathered this far. I *think* that the names will still have to be ran thru the proper databases...because background checks will have to be done on every place he has lived since he was 16 and if he lived there for more than 6 months. So even if he goes back to Pakistan - they would still do a check on him in Dubai, since he lived there. I could be wrong...but this is my understanding. Hope it helps in some way. Good luck! 

Thank you sooooooo very much!!!! I found the answer about 2 days ago but I still appreciate your niceness! 

@VickeySis You're so welcome! Sorry I was a bit late in seeing your question. ;)

Jela (USC, Missouri) & Ben (East Indian in Dubai)  :wub:

Adjusting Status from Conditional Green Card after K1 Visa:
4-20-21 Sent 751 packet (via USPS overnight)

4-21-21 Received by USCIS (Signed by T. Wright)

5-7-21   Receipt date on our 797 (extending GC for 18 months) {we included G-1145, got a text, but no email - for those curious.}

5-8-21   Received Text message from USCIS with receipt number, Assigning service center SRC. (@12:35pm) 

5-10-21  Check cashed/cleared our bank

5-13-21  Hard copy of 797 Received in postal mail

5-17-21 Received email notice update from USCIS account that on 17th they used his previous biometrics for 751.

5-21-21 Biometrics letter received in postal mail.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am in the administrative process since November 2017. Might be a security check, I am living in Dubai for last 5 years but originally from Pakistan  and counting the days when it will be finished and I may see my wife soon InshaAllah 

Timeline
3 hours ago, AdnanYaqoob said:

Hi, I am in the administrative process since November 2017. Might be a security check, I am living in Dubai for last 5 years but originally from Pakistan  and counting the days when it will be finished and I may see my wife soon InshaAllah 

@AdnanYaqoob what petition have you filed? And your in the administrative process of what? We filed i129f in Jan 2018 and are currently waiting on our NOA2.

• 5 months later...
Timeline

can anyone help please! 

i currently work in China but i'm a Pakistani national..US embassy in Pakistan has received my case and we got an email from them to set an appointment and fill the Ds 160..my question is how can i shift my interview location from Pakistan to China? as i can't freeze my job for a month and go back to Pakistan to have my interview..

Timeline

can anyone help please!

i currently work in China but i'm a Pakistani national..US embassy in Pakistan has received my case and we got an email from them to set an appointment and fill the Ds 160..my question is how can i shift my interview location from Pakistan to China? as i can't freeze my job for a month and go back to Pakistan to have my interview..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.