MrWorldwide

Filed I-765 October 2017- still waiting on EAD

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I filed my I-765 concurrently alongside my I-485 AOS application back in late October 2017 and still haven't received a decision. I have had NOA and Biometrics, which happened very quickly with no RFEs. Following the 90 day commitment period that is supposed to apply to the EAD application, I should have received a decision in January but here I am still waiting. I have contacted USCIS on two separate occasions separated by about a month to request a status check (they are supposed to reply within 5 days) but heard nothing. I have since contacted the Senator's office to see if they can help. This is extremely frustrating and although the officers I spoke with at USCIS were very helpful and assured me that the wait time was no indication of a problem with my application, but rather just a backlog of applicants, it is very concerning. 

Is anyone else experiencing similar delays or is it just me? Did anyone have any luck getting through to USCIS? 

Any sort of reassurance would be great! I am feeling a bit anxious about the whole thing. 

Thanks folks :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Everything is taking longer than expected for EAD, AOS, etc. EAD estimated processing time is from 3 to 5 months, but it could even take 6 months. You should try to call USCIS and try to reach a Tier 2, or make an InfoPass appointment. I'm sure you should be receiving your ead pretty soon. You are almost there. 

Edited by Sunnyland

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 10:36 AM, MrWorldwide said:

Just got an email today from USCIS saying my case is under review and I should hear something soon... 

Did you get a decision yet?

I have been waiting for my EAD for 160 days today (NOA of 11/8/17). Initiated 2 SRs and it just says a generic, "Your case is currently being review and you should hear within 60 days". I have also reached out to the congresswoman and Ombudsman for help. Waiting for their response. And, have a Infopass appointment scheduled for 4/20. My I-485 status was changed to "Your case is ready to be scheduled for employment based interview" on 3/27 but I've read on this forum that this doesn't mean anything. The wait from when the status changes to 'ready for interview' to the actual interview could be months and months.

The whole application process has been grueling to say the least. Our original PD was 12/23/2016 but our initial application got denied due to a stupid mistake from our immigration lawyer. It took us a full 8 months to be able to refile and now, here we are.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, MrHakucha said:

Did you get a decision yet?

I have been waiting for my EAD for 160 days today (NOA of 11/8/17). Initiated 2 SRs and it just says a generic, "Your case is currently being review and you should hear within 60 days". I have also reached out to the congresswoman and Ombudsman for help. Waiting for their response. And, have a Infopass appointment scheduled for 4/20. My I-485 status was changed to "Your case is ready to be scheduled for employment based interview" on 3/27 but I've read on this forum that this doesn't mean anything. The wait from when the status changes to 'ready for interview' to the actual interview could be months and months.

The whole application process has been grueling to say the least. Our original PD was 12/23/2016 but our initial application got denied due to a stupid mistake from our immigration lawyer. It took us a full 8 months to be able to refile and now, here we are.

Yes, I actually received a letter from the Senator on Wednesday last week with an email transcript from USCIS that said I had been approved and to await the NOA as well as the card within 30 days. I got the NOA in the mail on Saturday, still waiting on the card. 

Process has been brutal, being unable to work or do anything has really killed me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.