TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, ZoeNYC said:

CaseTracker is a mobile app.. it's in both the apple store and goolge play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saldous.usciscasetracker&hl=en_US

Thank you.

I downloaded the app, super helpfull!

only it shows a way faster approval than visa journey or the uscis website. Does anyone else have the same?

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

1 minute ago, Rosie91 said:

I downloaded the app, super helpfull!

only it shows a way faster approval than visa journey or the uscis website. Does anyone else have the same?

Yes, I’m using Lawfully (for iOS) and it has my 84% approved before Nov, 36% being approved june/July and my VJ estimate is 1/20/20

i am assuming the apps are pulling more data through than VJ

im still going with VJ estimate for realistic expectations sake 

It says the same for me but than December instead of Nov.

I really hope this is accurate that would be awesome! :)

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

5 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

Yes, I’m using Lawfully (for iOS) and it has my 84% approved before Nov, 36% being approved june/July and my VJ estimate is 1/20/20

i am assuming the apps are pulling more data through than VJ

im still going with VJ estimate for realistic expectations sake 

I have a feeling that lawfully which is not available for Android is taking note of many people's noa1, rfes and noa2   which is great they don't have to rely on people updating timelines to get an accurate account. 

It would be much more accurate if they supported android. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

26 minutes ago, Rosie91 said:

It says the same for me but than December instead of Nov.

I really hope this is accurate that would be awesome! :)

I’m not optimistic about this

tried to find out where they are pulling data from and if they use spouse country as one of the factors 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 5/31/2019 at 3:07 PM, CaroY said:

I wrote a whole long summary, but then somehow didn’t post it. I’m out running around but will re-write it again later. He said it should be on in a few days. 

Any news about NPR? Will they air anything about Nebraska?

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, CaroY said:

Hi.  Sorry!  I had a really busy weekend.  Ok, so I spoke with the reporter for half an hour.  He really wanted the specifics of my case and relationship first, so we went through all of that.  He said to assume he knows nothing of the IR-1/CR-1 process, so I told him the basics and the purpose of the I-130, and really emphasized the discrepancy between Potomac and Nebraska.  He agreed that it seemed very wrong that cases were going through one office so quickly and remaining in another for a year or more.  Asked if it seemed to be based upon where the beneficiary was from, and I said that it doesn’t seem to be that way.  I told him how we all track cases through timelines here, through case numbers, etc. 

We talked about Cissna resigning and his potential replacement.  For those of us filing for spouses, it doesn’t likely mean much will change, but who knows what it could do to the process.  

We talked about the AILA study and the letters that the House and Senate had sent  to USCIS, demanding transparency.  

I said that there are a lot of us in many different situations.  In my case, we’re together, but we have economic, political and health reasons for needing to leave.  For others, you’re apart.  That either way, there’s a lot of strain on us all and it just doesn’t seem right or fair that the situation is as it is.  

He said that barring any other major immigration crises in the meantime, the story should be out in a few days.  I’ll let you know if I hear anything!

Thank you so much for the update! I would love to listen to the podcast when the story is out (and I am sure all of us would like that). Thanks again! Glad he reached out

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, CaroY said:

Hi.  Sorry!  I had a really busy weekend.  Ok, so I spoke with the reporter for half an hour.  He really wanted the specifics of my case and relationship first, so we went through all of that.  He said to assume he knows nothing of the IR-1/CR-1 process, so I told him the basics and the purpose of the I-130, and really emphasized the discrepancy between Potomac and Nebraska.  He agreed that it seemed very wrong that cases were going through one office so quickly and remaining in another for a year or more.  Asked if it seemed to be based upon where the beneficiary was from, and I said that it doesn’t seem to be that way.  I told him how we all track cases through timelines here, through case numbers, etc. 

We talked about Cissna resigning and his potential replacement.  For those of us filing for spouses, it doesn’t likely mean much will change, but who knows what it could do to the process.  

We talked about the AILA study and the letters that the House and Senate had sent  to USCIS, demanding transparency.  

I said that there are a lot of us in many different situations.  In my case, we’re together, but we have economic, political and health reasons for needing to leave.  For others, you’re apart.  That either way, there’s a lot of strain on us all and it just doesn’t seem right or fair that the situation is as it is.  

He said that barring any other major immigration crises in the meantime, the story should be out in a few days.  I’ll let you know if I hear anything!

Thank you for the update!

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

FILE USA TAX RETURNS: I just wanted everyone to know that I was able to file my USA tax return this year adding my wife on my return and applying for her ITIN number at the same time. Our PD date is January 2019 so hopefully this helps during the NVC phase. We filed married jointly without any problems. It took about 3 months to get the ITIN number, and now the tax return is processing and should be complete in 2 weeks. I just wanted to share my story for those that are considering filing taxes next year and want to add your spouse to prove more bonafide marriage evidence. So regardless of what you hear you can file a joint tax return even if your wife VISA is still pending or not approve.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr. Bama said:

FILE USA TAX RETURNS: I just wanted everyone to know that I was able to file my USA tax return this year adding my wife on my return and applying for her ITIN number at the same time. Our PD date is January 2019 so hopefully this helps during the NVC phase. We filed married jointly without any problems. It took about 3 months to get the ITIN number, and now the tax return is processing and should be complete in 2 weeks. I just wanted to share my story for those that are considering filing taxes next year and want to add your spouse to prove more bonafide marriage evidence. So regardless of what you hear you can file a joint tax return even if your wife VISA is still pending or not approve.

This is good news for me to read! I filed my tax return married jointly while also applying for my husband's ITIN number at the same time. This was in February. He had to courier me his passport after I submitted it so that they could process his application. Haven't heard anything yet, but we're also at the beginning of the NVC stage, so I'm hoping they can get his passport back to me, so that I can get it back to him before he needs to it for the next steps in the process.

Just now, Team A Forever said:

This is good news for me to read! I filed my tax return married jointly while also applying for my husband's ITIN number at the same time. This was in February. He had to courier me his passport after I submitted it so that they could process his application. Haven't heard anything yet, but we're also at the beginning of the NVC stage, so I'm hoping they can get his passport back to me, so that I can get it back to him before he needs to it for the next steps in the process.

I did not send my wife original passport I sent. Copy but I got a letter from the IRS asking for the original passport or a certified copy from the passport agency. So my wife sent me the certified copy and they accepted it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mr. Bama said:

I did not send my wife original passport I sent. Copy but I got a letter from the IRS asking for the original passport or a certified copy from the passport agency. So my wife sent me the certified copy and they accepted it. 

Yeah, I sent a copy at first and received a similar letter. We weren't able to get a certified copy, which is why we sent the original. How long after sending in the certified copy did it take for them to process?

31 minutes ago, Team A Forever said:

Yeah, I sent a copy at first and received a similar letter. We weren't able to get a certified copy, which is why we sent the original. How long after sending in the certified copy did it take for them to process?

About 1 and a half months

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.