TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, gonzolux said:

NOA2 came to my parents' house in the US today!! Approved 5/10/2019. Online is still not updated. PD June 6, 2019. GET AT ME NVC!! 

Congratulations !!🎈 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, SlimLisa said:

I still think something is strange when it took 14 months to even open our I130 application when others who filed after us were already on the airplane to come to their spouses in the United States.   Even in the same service Center of Nebraska.  Was it my husband's country?  I will never know.    Sadly we received an RFE which we promptly returned the information requested back to them in a 3 weeks span.  Now 40 days have passed again.  I hear now they are taking 90 days to start reviewing again.  We are at 17 months and still no approval for the I130.   Then positively speaking - once approved they say the interview process can take another 7 to 10 months.   So looks like he might get his interview roughly around February or March 2020.   

Now sadly we have been told we have a 50/50 change for him to be approved or denied at the interview because over 10 years ago IN an attempt to get a visitor visa (WHICH HE DID NOT GET NOR HAS HE EVER BEEN TO USA) He can be denied.  3 Attorneys say it is 50/50 because he did not step foot in the USA so he may be pardoned without a waiver.   However if we have to file a waiver.....here comes the work.  It will take roughly 40 days for me to pull all I need together and send it off.  THEY SAID WAIVERS TAKE AROUND 1 year and 1/2 to be approved/denied.    

My big thought is due to the delay in just the initial review of the I130 with no reason why we were put on the self, will they put us last on all these processes?    SO SAD, some days are really really hard. 

Hey there, i don't know from where these lawyers got it, but I got a j1 visa, an f1 visa denied, than later a b1 visa accepted, there is nothing about that will influence my chances about it, even if I get my b1 cancelled now, which my layers expressly said, and I read several times elsewhere. Keep your hopes high!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, gonzolux said:

NOA2 came to my parents' house in the US today!! Approved 5/10/2019. Online is still not updated. PD June 6, 2019. GET AT ME NVC!! 

congrats! yes I hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you! 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
23 hours ago, SlimLisa said:

I still think something is strange when it took 14 months to even open our I130 application when others who filed after us were already on the airplane to come to their spouses in the United States.   Even in the same service Center of Nebraska.  Was it my husband's country?  I will never know.    Sadly we received an RFE which we promptly returned the information requested back to them in a 3 weeks span.  Now 40 days have passed again.  I hear now they are taking 90 days to start reviewing again.  We are at 17 months and still no approval for the I130.   Then positively speaking - once approved they say the interview process can take another 7 to 10 months.   So looks like he might get his interview roughly around February or March 2020.   

Now sadly we have been told we have a 50/50 change for him to be approved or denied at the interview because over 10 years ago IN an attempt to get a visitor visa (WHICH HE DID NOT GET NOR HAS HE EVER BEEN TO USA) He can be denied.  3 Attorneys say it is 50/50 because he did not step foot in the USA so he may be pardoned without a waiver.   However if we have to file a waiver.....here comes the work.  It will take roughly 40 days for me to pull all I need together and send it off.  THEY SAID WAIVERS TAKE AROUND 1 year and 1/2 to be approved/denied.    

My big thought is due to the delay in just the initial review of the I130 with no reason why we were put on the self, will they put us last on all these processes?    SO SAD, some days are really really hard. 

I am confused. Your husband tried to get a visitor's visa 10 years ago and was denied and that is the reason THREE lawyers told you he might need a waiver? Or did I misunderstand something?

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

1 hour ago, Tissa said:

I am confused. Your husband tried to get a visitor's visa 10 years ago and was denied and that is the reason THREE lawyers told you he might need a waiver? Or did I misunderstand something?

I have questions on that situation. Like did the beneficiary lied before on their tourist visa? Did they commit fraud? If the person just got denied based on lack of ties to the country and didn't lie at all then all these lawyers are just trying to milk the petitioner of money.  It seems like they just want to start that waiver paperwork and get charged, then later on to be like 'Oh good news.. everything got approved! Good thing we filed that waiver" 

I even went to a lawyer just to go over my paper work. The moment I knew the person was full of was when he started to talk about AOS and EAD... I am like hello? Didn't I just say I met my wife as a J-1(No restrictions) and she returned to her country and I got married there? That's when I got confident that I did everything I could in my filing and just left there not looking back. Great thing is I didn't pay anything for this visit, but they did want me to retain them. 

Just seems like these lawyers don't really study immigration law, sure they passed their bar exams but no experience what so ever. I doubt this guy has been in front of a judge.  Just milking those filers 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JMPM said:

I have questions on that situation. Like did the beneficiary lied before on their tourist visa? Did they commit fraud? If the person just got denied based on lack of ties to the country and didn't lie at all then all these lawyers are just trying to milk the petitioner of money.  It seems like they just want to start that waiver paperwork and get charged, then later on to be like 'Oh good news.. everything got approved! Good thing we filed that waiver" 

I even went to a lawyer just to go over my paper work. The moment I knew the person was full of was when he started to talk about AOS and EAD... I am like hello? Didn't I just say I met my wife as a J-1(No restrictions) and she returned to her country and I got married there? That's when I got confident that I did everything I could in my filing and just left there not looking back. Great thing is I didn't pay anything for this visit, but they did want me to retain them. 

Just seems like these lawyers don't really study immigration law, sure they passed their bar exams but no experience what so ever. I doubt this guy has been in front of a judge.  Just milking those filers 

If you look at her previous posts you will see that is was not just a simple denial. There was falsified information on his application for a visitor visa. 

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
26 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

If you look at her previous posts you will see that is was not just a simple denial. There was falsified information on his application for a visitor visa. 

makes sense now, this is a whole new issue.

20 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

Man I don't really want to read people's post history. It's a waste of time. Grandstanding when you know the reasons is silly.  Either way my experience with lawyers still stand there might be good ones, but in her case they were all good to say that she's in a pickle because of the shortcuts the beneficiary made. 

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

22 hours ago, JMPM said:

Man I don't really want to read people's post history. It's a waste of time. Grandstanding when you know the reasons is silly.  Either way my experience with lawyers still stand there might be good ones, but in her case they were all good to say that she's in a pickle because of the shortcuts the beneficiary made. 

Probably the smartest thing anyone has said. It's not being mean either its beibeinbeibeing factual. Grandstanding isn't a good look when they know already why falsifcation is shunned upon. 

5 hours ago, Michael_194 said:

Probably the smartest thing anyone has said. It's not being mean either its beibeinbeibeing factual. Grandstanding isn't a good look when they know already why falsifcation is shunned upon. 

I don't think of it being mean. I think if you're going to request help, be detailed of your situation. Just because you leave out information, or go ask somewhere else in a different way it's not going to change the situation. vOv And it's a disservice for all that are here to help. 

Edited by JMPM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I think I might have to disable the estimated approval date emails. They’re just too depressing. Most people in my life would never call me an optimist, though I do have a belief that things are going to speed up. Just me??  With the congressional and senate demands for transparency, and a new deputy director, something has to get better, doesn’t it???  🙏🏻

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/16/2019 at 11:11 PM, gonzolux said:

Yaaaaayy!!! I told you it was coming sooon ayeeee!!! Congrats! ❤️

Timeline
4 hours ago, CaroY said:

I think I might have to disable the estimated approval date emails. They’re just too depressing. Most people in my life would never call me an optimist, though I do have a belief that things are going to speed up. Just me??  With the congressional and senate demands for transparency, and a new deputy director, something has to get better, doesn’t it???  🙏🏻

Keep in mind VJ is just a small sampling of cases. I can see cases being approved/RFE through June 20th, so they are definitely working on all of June. 

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, CaroY said:

I disabled the estimated time approval two days ago . Too depressing as you said

On 5/17/2019 at 2:46 PM, Tissa said:

Yes, His older brother had came to the USA to attend college.  He missed his brother so he applied for a visitor visa, he said they denied him and said go get married (in other words to it would provide a reason he would return back to Palestine).    Well  as I call dumb and desperate went back on 2 separate attempts to apply again for said visitor visa and reported he was married to a women in his country providing fake marriage certificate.   He still was denied.  So he has never stepped outside of his country --- never been to the USA. 

So even though he never came here to the USA, they can still deny him for lying all those years ago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.