TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, Jo&Ro said:

I just got home and listened to a nearly 4min voice mail from Congressman Thomas Massey that I couldn't take earlier while I was at work. He said it's not the first email or call he's taken recently about the inconsistencies between offices performing the same task with massive differences in time. He said he'll look into it and do anything he can to help this because he feels legal immigration issues are grossly overlooked in political priorities. He mostly focused on the differences between offices than over all processing times (I feel that is fair and a great start if he does actually accomplish anything).

His message was very polite and personal to the email I sent him and not the generic nonsense BS responces I got from the other 2 representatives. Really makes me wish I had a chance to actually talk to him when he called. I may try to call the office number tomorrow that he left in the message. I'd be kinda surprised if I get back to him personally tomorrow, but who knows...😃  His sincerity in answering me personally and a well thought out response with zero political hot air (vote for me, or passing blame) really impressed me and gave me a small glimmer of hope for future filers. I've dealt with the public for the last 25 years in my job and not easily impressed with words without actions and have a pretty good BS filter. Hopefully my impressions of him are accurate. Definitely better than nothing and the best (by far!) response I've received so far...

That is great news...Yes I also hope he is able to get some real answers for you (us) on their plan of action to fix this unfair system of case load. Keep us posted please :) 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

1 hour ago, MayzieMcgrew said:

That's awesome! Hopefully he'll be able to get us some answers! I wrote my congressman, and he hasn't answered yet.

I agree... He was the only congressman or senator that gave me an answer that had ANYTHING to do with what we have asked. He was one of many many that I emailed. It took him at least a week, I think closer to two weeks. 

1 hour ago, GAMAJM said:

That is great news...Yes I also hope he is able to get some real answers for you (us) on their plan of action to fix this unfair system of case load. Keep us posted please :) 

I sure hope so too... I most definitely will post any new info I get from him. 

13 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

I sure hope so too... I most definitely will post any new info I get from him. 

So do we think an expedite holds more weight if you go through a congressman?

also on the local congressman contact page there doesn’t seem to be a lot of space to put a long enquiry. Do we put basic information about what we would like him to help us with then explain further if he contacts my husband 

57 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

So do we think an expedite holds more weight if you go through a congressman?

also on the local congressman contact page there doesn’t seem to be a lot of space to put a long enquiry. Do we put basic information about what we would like him to help us with then explain further if he contacts my husband 

Not sure on the expedite. Looks like I'll be finding out with the kids as soon as we FINALLY get the wife here. We aren't waiting a year plus with the kids if anyway possible. After hearing from Mr. Massey, I'll definitely contact him if/when we go that route with the kids. 

My emails were fairly lengthy and none of them cut me short. A few reps pages were different than some of the others so maybe some will only have limited space. I'm not sure...  If it were me I think I would make it to the point as possible and see where it goes from there. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I also heard from one of my Congressman aides here in Nebraska.  I will be calling them back on Monday beins I'm at work right now and explain our concerns to him and see what he has to say.  Beins its here in Nebraska maybe we can get a little more insight to what is going on. I will let everyone know after I call them back 

<edited> sorry 

Edited by JMPM

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, durdana said:

I am May 25, I really don't know what to do. I just contacted my congresswoman. 

I’m at a loss as well. I’ve written the congressman in my area (who happens to be the Chairman of the Homeland Security committee) and senators for my state. The senators both responded with no relevant help and the congressman has yet to respond. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I am beyond upset. Why wouldn't they transfer cases to another service e centers if they are overwhelmed? There is nothing wrong with asking assistance...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We had written to our senators as well. No response. My husband is from Texas and I feel like Texas congressmen and senators really don't care...

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

Friends, it’s really hard to take all this...

I see some february 2019 approves in Igor’s list timeline... When Nebraska is still in end May/June 2018 begining... We’re dealing with nothing less than 9 months delay, comparing with Potomac... Don’t understand what is going on there! 🥺

D7929B3F-DF87-40FB-B415-B44FE5259E90.jpeg

Edited by David - USA 2019
Typing error

3 minutes ago, David - USA 2019 said:

Friends, it’s really hard to take all this...

I see some february 2019 approves in Igor’s list timeline... When Nebraska is still in end May/June 2018 begining... We’re dealing with nothing less than 9 months delay, comparing with Potomac... Don’t understand what is going on there! 🥺

D7929B3F-DF87-40FB-B415-B44FE5259E90.jpeg

January 2019 Potomac shows a lot more approves...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.