TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, bel044 said:

I also got the same kind of response from my congressman (but he was talking about how he supported Trump's hostile immigration policies) and was so angry!  Here's how I responded:  (a little salty, but I'm not sorry)

Dear Congressman Graves,

If you (or a staff member, or who ever sent this automatic, impersonal reply) would have read my message, you would have seen that I emailed you about LEGAL immigration backlogs, nothing to do with illegal immigration, and definitely nothing to do with building a wall on the border.  

My spouse is trying to immigrate LEGALLY and is facing an unwarranted backlog and extreme processing times at the Nebraska Service Center.  I firmly believe in rule of law, so that is why we are doing this legally.  The LEGAL immigration system is broken that honestly no wonder why people are trying to completely circumvent it and come in illegally.  I disagree with doing this, but just possibly if we fix legal immigration, it could have an effect on decreasing illegal immigration as well.

I would appreciate if you would have actually read my concerns and address them personally.  You were elected to represent me, and I, and hundreds of other Americans whose spouses are also going through the same hellish experience all over the country, need your help to make the legal immigration system better.  

Respectfully,

Good job! If we give up and don’t remain active we will never see change. It’s all about activism.

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I'll be writing a salty email to her as well. Maybe stopping by her local office and asking her staff what __ ___ is this responses would be fun. I doubt it will do anything but still... 

Apparently it's Trump's fault some service centers are faster/slower than others. Go figure.

Edited by Scott001

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

a Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020, Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transferred to NBC

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Feb 6, 2024 I-751 Approved, GC delivered 10 days later.        

N-400

NOA1 - June 23, 2024 Filed online (Honolulu local office)

NOA2 - June 23, 2024 Biometrics reused

NOA3 - :clock:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Finally after 11 months of tiring wait got an approval in the mail. Noa 1 - 29/5   NoA 2 - 1/5.Nebraska service center. Thanks to almighty for he never fails to answer our prayers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Richa Stevin said:

Finally after 11 months of tiring wait got an approval in the mail. Noa 1 - 29/5   NoA 2 - 1/5.Nebraska service center. Thanks to almighty for he never fails to answer our prayers.

Congratulation!!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Question; was your online case status updated?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 4/25/2019 at 2:20 PM, GAMAJM said:

For those who want to send letters to senators about USCIS backlog issue this link will automate a letter and send to all of the congressman in your area..it's quick and easy! Pass it along..strength in numbers!

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/tools/advocacy-action-center#/

Thank you for this link. I sent mine off the other day.  Unfortunately, my US address is in NYC, so my representatives are Kirsten Gillebrand, Chuck Schumer, and Jerry Nadler.  All with arguably bigger fish to fry than my immigration woes 😜 I’m feeling very frustrated (who isn’t?) and feel like we have to do something big to draw attention to this situation!  I’m just starting to familiarize myself with the current requests for oversight, etc. that are happening.  Something has to change!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 4/29/2019 at 12:58 AM, bel044 said:

Hi all.  PD Nov. 9.  Every time I see my VJ TImeline get moved back, my heart sinks a little more.  I contacted my senators, representatives, and NPR today.  

Any luck with NPR? Did you mention to them that there are at least hundreds of people who are stuck waiting due to Nebraska being so slow and who would be willing to share their experiences? 

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tissa said:

Any luck with NPR? Did you mention to them that there are at least hundreds of people who are stuck waiting due to Nebraska being so slow and who would be willing to share their experiences? 

I feel like we need to organize somehow.  Immigration is such a hot issue these days and everybody claims to want legal immigration.  We need to sit down and summarize the most important basic facts, and concentrate our efforts.  Am I being too optimistic?  Has this been said and attempted a million times and gotten nowhere?  I just feel like we’re all shouting into the void by writing our separate representatives.  

Timeline
19 minutes ago, CaroY said:

I feel like we need to organize somehow.  Immigration is such a hot issue these days and everybody claims to want legal immigration.  We need to sit down and summarize the most important basic facts, and concentrate our efforts.  Am I being too optimistic?  Has this been said and attempted a million times and gotten nowhere?  I just feel like we’re all shouting into the void by writing our separate representatives.  

I am about to email jburnett@npr.org  who is on National NPR desk and reports on immigration and border issue. I don't know if we should all try to reach out to him individually or take a group effort on here to create and sign a very thorough letter with signatures. I am going to just send 1 email outlining the issue. But I do think a group effort would get his attention. 

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tissa said:

I am about to email jburnett@npr.org  who is on National NPR desk and reports on immigration and border issue. I don't know if we should all try to reach out to him individually or take a group effort on here to create and sign a very thorough letter with signatures. I am going to just send 1 email outlining the issue. But I do think a group effort would get his attention. 

À group effort will be a great idea ! 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

À group effort will be a great idea ! 

is there an admin in this group?

18 minutes ago, Tissa said:

Would it be better for someone to create an email that we can all copy and paste and adjust to ourselves as necessary 

i know if I receive one email

about an issue I ignore

if I receive multiple id certainly be looking into the issue 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

Would it be better for someone to create an email that we can all copy and paste and adjust to ourselves as necessary 

i know if I receive one email

about an issue I ignore

if I receive multiple id certainly be looking into the issue 

Possibly. Here is what we just sent (and each story will vary which is probably good. Good to share various stories but with one umbrella issue)

Dear NPR Correspondent John Burnette! 
We are Jeremy XXXXX and Olga XXXXX. We are a husband and a wife and we have 2 children and are expecting another child. We are just one of thousands of families who are stuck in legal immigration problem that is getting hugely overlooked and ignored by the USCIS, the Senators, and the President. Us and many other families like us are getting extremely frustrated because our outcry is not being heard. The media is our last resort. We are not talking about our family in particular, but about all families like us stuck in immigration processing limbo. Please allow me to explain. 
I, Jeremy, am a US citizen and my wife Olga is a Russia citizen who came to the USA legally as a student and whom I later met and married. Olga became a stepmother to my daughter Mariah and we later welcomed a daughter Vera together. As I had mentioned, we are expecting another child. Although we have been married for over 3 years now, Olga still has no Green Card or permanent residency in the USA and she had to take our daughter Vera and return to Russia for 2 years because she is a subject of what is called "2 years of home residency requirement" - the stipulation of the specific visa she entered the US under that prevents a person to apply for immigrant or work visa until they go back to their home country for at least 2 years. And marriage to a US citizen doesn't change that. Although we had filed for a waiver of the 2 year reuquirement our case has been sitting on someone's deck at UCSIC since January 2018 and there is still no resolution on the case. Olga's status in the USA ended in the mean time and she had to leave. We have now been separated for months and are expecting to be separated for even longer.  Although this particular issue is not typical for all spouses of the US citizens, our other problem is a problem of many and we would like to please ask you to consider talking about this problem and making it known to the general public and all parties responsible. 
The issue I am talking about is processing of immigrant visas for immediate relatives of the US citizens (spouses, children, parents). Under current administration reunification with immediate relatives of US citizens takes up to 2 (!!!!) years or longer in some cases. Service Centers processing such immigration cases are so extremely backlogged that the process takes an unreasonable amount of time. Families of legal US citizens are being separated for months and years. Spouses and children have to spend years apart. And I am talking about LEGAL immigration here. Those who are waiting to be reunified are forming support groups to support each other through the process and to also express their frustration and take action! Groups such as this 

and this 

and many others have sent multiple inquires to the Congress and State Representatives and even our President requesting information and demanding action on extremely long process for immediate relatives of US citizens. 
We were among many who reached out to Senators and even President Trump. With no response. 
I am posting my letter below and I am also attaching a generic response that Nebraska Service Center sent out to representatives after multiple inquires. 

No one seems to acknowledge the anguish that families in legal immigration process are going through and extremely long time that legal immigration takes for spouses and children of US citizens! Not even our own government seems to care about that. On behalf of my family and all others we are asking you to please talk about the issue on NPR. While this letter is not a group letter from many families going through this process and experiencing the pain of being separated from their family, there are thousands of us. We took it upon ourselves to reach out to you personally, but we are absolutely certain that we can get hundreds of people in similar situation to share similar stories. We can get signatures and have a group letter or whatever else NPR might need to consider brining this issue to light and hopefully making a difference. 

Sincerely, 

XXXXXXXX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Guys heres a little light of the situation too.  I ran 3000 cases last night through case tracker.  On June 4 there are 637 cases and on 34 touched so far.  Makes you wonder how many people they actually have that work on these cases. If they are projected to do 1 an hr so 8 a day. Will they ever move this SC forward

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tissa said:

Possibly. Here is what we just sent (and each story will vary which is probably good. Good to share various stories but with one umbrella issue)

Dear NPR Correspondent John Burnette! 
We are Jeremy XXXXX and Olga XXXXX. We are a husband and a wife and we have 2 children and are expecting another child. We are just one of thousands of families who are stuck in legal immigration problem that is getting hugely overlooked and ignored by the USCIS, the Senators, and the President. Us and many other families like us are getting extremely frustrated because our outcry is not being heard. The media is our last resort. We are not talking about our family in particular, but about all families like us stuck in immigration processing limbo. Please allow me to explain. 
I, Jeremy, am a US citizen and my wife Olga is a Russia citizen who came to the USA legally as a student and whom I later met and married. Olga became a stepmother to my daughter Mariah and we later welcomed a daughter Vera together. As I had mentioned, we are expecting another child. Although we have been married for over 3 years now, Olga still has no Green Card or permanent residency in the USA and she had to take our daughter Vera and return to Russia for 2 years because she is a subject of what is called "2 years of home residency requirement" - the stipulation of the specific visa she entered the US under that prevents a person to apply for immigrant or work visa until they go back to their home country for at least 2 years. And marriage to a US citizen doesn't change that. Although we had filed for a waiver of the 2 year reuquirement our case has been sitting on someone's deck at UCSIC since January 2018 and there is still no resolution on the case. Olga's status in the USA ended in the mean time and she had to leave. We have now been separated for months and are expecting to be separated for even longer.  Although this particular issue is not typical for all spouses of the US citizens, our other problem is a problem of many and we would like to please ask you to consider talking about this problem and making it known to the general public and all parties responsible. 
The issue I am talking about is processing of immigrant visas for immediate relatives of the US citizens (spouses, children, parents). Under current administration reunification with immediate relatives of US citizens takes up to 2 (!!!!) years or longer in some cases. Service Centers processing such immigration cases are so extremely backlogged that the process takes an unreasonable amount of time. Families of legal US citizens are being separated for months and years. Spouses and children have to spend years apart. And I am talking about LEGAL immigration here. Those who are waiting to be reunified are forming support groups to support each other through the process and to also express their frustration and take action! Groups such as this 

and this 

and many others have sent multiple inquires to the Congress and State Representatives and even our President requesting information and demanding action on extremely long process for immediate relatives of US citizens. 
We were among many who reached out to Senators and even President Trump. With no response. 
I am posting my letter below and I am also attaching a generic response that Nebraska Service Center sent out to representatives after multiple inquires. 

No one seems to acknowledge the anguish that families in legal immigration process are going through and extremely long time that legal immigration takes for spouses and children of US citizens! Not even our own government seems to care about that. On behalf of my family and all others we are asking you to please talk about the issue on NPR. While this letter is not a group letter from many families going through this process and experiencing the pain of being separated from their family, there are thousands of us. We took it upon ourselves to reach out to you personally, but we are absolutely certain that we can get hundreds of people in similar situation to share similar stories. We can get signatures and have a group letter or whatever else NPR might need to consider brining this issue to light and hopefully making a difference. 

Sincerely, 

XXXXXXXX

Great!  I just sent letters to 2 congressmen (Keating - MA and Nadler - NY), as they are/will be my reps. 

I think Media is a great idea. I think If many of us could kind of agree to “bombard” certain places with very similar stories/letters, that would have the most impact. There was a letter sent in February, from 68 members of Congress, to the Director of USCIS, Lee Frances Cissna. If 68 congress people can’t get their attention, I don’t know if we can 😩 

https://www.aila.org/File/DownloadEmbeddedFile/79230

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.