TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/30/2019 at 10:41 AM, durdana said:

Anyone with P.D 05/25 waiting ? 

Hi, my Noa1 it's May 30 and I waiting for Noa2... 

11 Months already 🙁

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Daniela b Michels said:

11 Months already 🙁

11 months already for me too... I hope we all get our Noa2 soon. 

23 minutes ago, Daniela b Michels said:

11 Months already 🙁

That's absolutely freaking ridiculous! Good luck to us all...😔

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

That's absolutely freaking ridiculous! Good luck to us all...😔

Yes..and this response from USCIS is no consolation... as they don't even acknowledge the "suffering" of families in this response.  

Download and read the entire document. Focus on page 8 (last page) Nebraska may get help soon but I am sure we won't see any changes. 

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/whats-happening-in-congress/congressional-updates/uscis-responds-to-letter-from-86-house-members

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

"We're working on making it more efficient by the fiscal year 2020."....HAHAHAHA! A-holes... All I got from that was bla bla bla, wait longer, just like the responce from the out of normal time request. 

Sorry about the bad attitude guys...😏  Knowing we still have to go through this BS all over again to get her kids here when she ever makes it is REEEEALLY putting us in bad spirits. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jo&Ro said:

Knowing we still have to go through this BS all over again to get her kids here when she ever makes it is REEEEALLY putting us in bad spirits. 

Ugh!! That part makes me feel relieved that my husband opted to have the twins stay with the family (and birth mother) while they finish their education through tenth standard. They'll be tri-lingual and ready for college if/when they come join us in 8yrs. Until then, we travel back and forth annually. It was a hard decision but the right one for our family.

I'm so sorry that you have to do it all over again and I hope all of the electronic and case balancing procedures are in place by then.

The one that got me was the reallocation of budget from USCIS to ICE...whether it happened or not...was very telling of the agency priorities. 😡

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I've written a few letters to the Congressmen in my area, this is the response I received via email, just a short while ago. I think I'm more annoyed that this non-response doesn't even address anything remotely relating to anything in the letters I've sent.

Response from Hyde-Smith.JPG

34 minutes ago, Team A Forever said:

I've written a few letters to the Congressmen in my area, this is the response I received via email, just a short while ago. I think I'm more annoyed that this non-response doesn't even address anything remotely relating to anything in the letters I've sent.

Response from Hyde-Smith.JPG

Is be responding to thatbstayin thanks for not actually reading my initial letter, sending a copy and asking for the actual issues you raised to be looked into

11 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

Yes..and this response from USCIS is no consolation... as they don't even acknowledge the "suffering" of families in this response.  

Download and read the entire document. Focus on page 8 (last page) Nebraska may get help soon but I am sure we won't see any changes. 

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/whats-happening-in-congress/congressional-updates/uscis-responds-to-letter-from-86-house-members

Love how they answered #4. Two different charts to answer the question. They didn't mention what the completion rate. 

And it's sad they don't have metrics for performance that they have to 'reintroduce' them. It's easy to introduce.  

"Hey guys by the end of this month we want you to process 2 per hour, and we are going to be working to 5 per hour by the end of the year. So step it up. And Cathy that chatting time at the watercooler with Kim and Jim needs to end today no one cares what your cats did last night."

I know they have work at  home adjudicators too they should have higher standards like yes you must definitely hit X per hour because there shouldn't be any distractions at home.

Gov't agencies need to have more transparency weekly and monthly reports should be auto generated to show progress. And all that user fees should stay within the USCIS not being diverted to ICE. It should be run as a business. More demand more fees more staff.. less demand lower fees let go staff. maintain goals and keep it going. Keep a reserve but it shouldn't be generating profit, or profit for another agency. 

12 hours ago, Daniela b Michels said:

11 Months already 🙁

Hey they just lowered the processing time.. send a message about it being out of processing time take advantage before they raise it back  

Edited by JMPM

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
12 hours ago, JMPM said:

Hey they just lowered the processing time.. send a message about it being out of processing time take advantage before they raise it back  

Has anyone ever seen an outside of processing time request that got a real response? My response was wait 60 days then you can send us another one of these. I'll be at 11 months this weekend. (PD June 6, 2018)

1 hour ago, gonzolux said:

Has anyone ever seen an outside of processing time request that got a real response? My response was wait 60 days then you can send us another one of these. I'll be at 11 months this weekend. (PD June 6, 2018)

That was exactly the responce we got also. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AbbyD said:

According to the Facebook group, someone got an email from Nebraska saying that they are taking an average of 12 months right now, even though that's not what they report online.

I didn't see that (I'm in a Nebraska Filers Facebook group), but when I talked to USCIS yesterday I asked why the times posted were inaccurate. And their standard answer is "each case is different" which I think is because they don't listen to our anecdotal evidence that I don't know anyone with an approval in less than 11 months now. Like we can only talk about our own cases officially which prevents us from using the fact they are behind for almost everyone else in our favor if that makes sense. 

Edited by gonzolux

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
22 hours ago, Team A Forever said:

I got the same basic canned response form my House Rep and one of my senators. However, I got this gem of a response from Mazie Hirono today:   

Dear Scott,

Thank you for contacting me regarding President Trump’s national emergency declaration and his border security and immigration enforcement policies. These efforts are part of the Trump Administration’s broader anti-immigrant agenda and are deeply concerning to me. I appreciate hearing from you about these important issues.

As a candidate, Donald Trump stoked anger and fear against immigrants with harmful rhetoric and campaign promises that included building a wall at the southern border and making Mexico pay for it, and banning Muslims from entering the country. These policies, combined with the Administration’s indiscriminate immigration enforcement and abandonment of prosecutorial discretion, which divert limited resources to further Donald Trump’s anti-immigrant agenda, have fueled great anxiety and undermined public safety in communities nationwide.

Recently, President Trump held federal government employees hostage in a 35-day partial government shutdown to get funding for his border wall. When he failed to secure funding, he circumvented Congress and declared a national emergency in order to divert billions of dollars away from previously approved military construction projects for his vanity wall.

While the President has declared a fake emergency, he has largely ignored the humanitarian concerns at the border, including those that he created. For example, the Trump administration has failed to fully reunite the thousands of parents and children it separated since 2017, including under its morally reprehensible zero-tolerance policy. The Trump administration has also detained thousands of children and parents in family detention centers. In addition, there have been multiple reports of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) facilities failing to meet basic standards of care and lacking proper medical care. Last December, two children – seven-year-old Jakelin Caal and eight-year-old Felipe Gómez Alonzo – tragically died in CBP custody, and many more will likely face a lifetime of trauma. 

I strongly believe that we should do everything we can to keep our communities safe, but the Trump administration’s border wall and anti-immigrant policies are not about public safety. Instead of addressing the humanitarian concerns that continue to endanger the lives of thousands of asylum seekers, President Trump has focused on separating families, blocking asylum claims, and deploying approximately 5,000 troops to the southern border to install wire fencing and barriers and increase mobile surveillance. Redirecting federal resources to fund the border wall, which will cost tens of billions of dollars and deploying military troops to the border, among other measures, are ineffective and a wasteful misuse of taxpayer money.

On February 26, 2019, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.J. Res. 46, a resolution of disapproval to terminate President Trump’s national emergency declaration. I joined a bipartisan group of Senators in supporting this resolution, which passed the Senate on a 59-41 vote. As expected, on March 18, the President vetoed this resolution.

The Trump Administration's policies of separating families and improperly turning away refugees and asylum seekers are inconsistent with American values. That's why I took to the Senate floor to speak out against the President's unconscionable policies. During the 115th Congress, I also cosponsored legislation, such as Senator Dianne Feinstein's (D-CA) Keep Families Together Act and Senator Tina Smith's (D-MN) HELP Separated Children Act, to reunite children with their parents and end the cruel policy of separating families at the border. Additionally, I introduced several bills to ensure that immigrant children receive the care and resources they need from the time they enter our custody to the time their cases are adjudicated—the Child Trafficking Victims Protection and Welfare Act, the Fair Day in Court for Kids Act, and the Immigration Court Improvement Act.

Instead of pursuing the costly, ineffective, and morally objectionable policies of the Trump administration, Congress should pass comprehensive legislation to reform our broken immigration system. The U.S. Senate did this in 2013 when it passed the bipartisan Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act, which would have made important improvements to federal immigration policy. Unfortunately, the U.S. House of Representatives failed to consider the bill, and it did not become law.

I remain deeply disappointed by the President's failure to provide real leadership on these important issues, and his pursuit of an extreme, anti-immigrant agenda. Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind as the immigration debate continues.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If you would like to stay in touch with me on this or other issues of importance to you, please visit my website at: http://www.hirono.senate.gov. Please do not hesitate to contact me again in the future if I may be of assistance to you in any way.

Aloha,

MKH.png 

Mazie K. Hirono
United States Senator

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

a Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020, Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transferred to NBC

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Feb 6, 2024 I-751 Approved, GC delivered 10 days later.        

N-400

NOA1 - June 23, 2024 Filed online (Honolulu local office)

NOA2 - June 23, 2024 Biometrics reused

NOA3 - :clock:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.