TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

And from what everyone is saying, they basically just say wait longer... 

Yep, on March 20th the Receipt for Inquiry Date was June 7th. Our PD is June 6th, so I did the inquiry. I got a response less than two weeks later that just said wait 60 more days, which by that point was expected because the processing time was showing 12 months max. It's back down to 10 months but well I hit 10 months last week. And it looks to be a few more weeks at least before we can expect to hear anything. 

8 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

I am sad for you ..

I have this chance to have my husband here with in France and we really start to think about a plan B .

we can not wait forever and ever and pay and pay .. 

we are thinking to finally stay here in France . Because , my husband had is French green card in 7 months ago and during  the process they allowed him to stay with me because we proved that our marriage was “ sincere” we crossed each step and they don’t want to separate family . 

We had informations when we need and were able to reach someone at each time .

to see so little humanity don’t help I think ..

we don’t ask the world I think ..

I wish you luck and a positive final answer , don’t loose faith 🤞🙏

The end of that statement is so true. They go through this with zero humanity. Prisoners get more information, updates and respect than we do going through this process. I've always been a VERY proud American, but this whole process really hurts your American pride. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

The end of that statement is so true. They go through this with zero humanity. Prisoners get more information, updates and respect than we do going through this process. I've always been a VERY proud American, but this whole process really hurts your American pride. 

My husband who is American too thinks the same as you 

34 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

I am sad for you ..

I have this chance to have my husband here with in France and we really start to think about a plan B .

we can not wait forever and ever and pay and pay .. 

we are thinking to finally stay here in France . Because , my husband had is French green card in 7 months ago and during  the process they allowed him to stay with me because we proved that our marriage was “ sincere” we crossed each step and they don’t want to separate family . 

We had informations when we need and were able to reach someone at each time .

to see so little humanity don’t help I think ..

we don’t ask the world I think ..

I wish you luck and a positive final answer , don’t loose faith 🤞🙏

Thank you and likewise I am sad for you and so many others such as ourselves.  It is made so hard for us, I guess we are not suppose to look for love anywhere but where we live and if we do look abroad, we pay the prices.

I am holding on strong with some down moments.  Sadly, Israel will not allow me to live in Palestine so hopefully, this is in our favor. 

Thank you Mr & Mrs T 

I had ZERO plans to ever marry anyone, much less someone literally as far as she could get from me on earth...Haha  We met by accident and both faught our feelings at first but both lost our battles and fell hard and fast. We are 39 and 43 now and neither of us had been married. I wouldn't change a thing because I'm EXTREMELY happy, but definitely wouldn't go looking for someone outside the U.S.  again...Haha 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, SlimLisa said:

My application will be approved, we will go through the NVC process.....but sadly, at the interview he will be denied.  

This is so hard to see...

Do you already know why he will be denied at interview? I pray that's not the case and he can still be approved after all of that time and investment.

Do you have a plan B to move abroad?

My husband and I went all the way through K1 approval (USCIS in 8mths, NEVC in two weeks and interview last April 2018). We had no concerns and then the officer the day of interview was horrible. We stayed in AP for over 8mths but I had one shot trip to stay 45-days last October and we made the hard (but smart) decision to drop the petition and marry abroad. We are now in second round since August 2017 and desperate... mentally, emotionally and financially. If I wasnt raising kids (16yo daughter and 13yo nephew) then I would relocate to India in a heartbeat...but can't for at least five years more. I truly believe all will go well this time as we learned so much the hard way but my heart is still broken and our family divided.

Timeline
16 hours ago, IndiaAnnie said:

This is so hard to see...

Do you already know why he will be denied at interview? I pray that's not the case and he can still be approved after all of that time and investment.

Do you have a plan B to move abroad?

My husband and I went all the way through K1 approval (USCIS in 8mths, NEVC in two weeks and interview last April 2018). We had no concerns and then the officer the day of interview was horrible. We stayed in AP for over 8mths but I had one shot trip to stay 45-days last October and we made the hard (but smart) decision to drop the petition and marry abroad. We are now in second round since August 2017 and desperate... mentally, emotionally and financially. If I wasnt raising kids (16yo daughter and 13yo nephew) then I would relocate to India in a heartbeat...but can't for at least five years more. I truly believe all will go well this time as we learned so much the hard way but my heart is still broken and our family divided.

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this again. I made the decision last year to marry in India based on the research that they would probably deny my husband a fiance visa. (I am older than  my husband) We are now at over four and half years in this relationship..and everyday apart from him is very painful. I just pray we don't have our CR1 denied as we have nothing holding us back...but you just never know with these officers. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Aurora194 said:

Has anybody heard back from their representative? I emailed our congressman last week but I wonder how long it could be before they get back to me.

I heard back from mine within two days and they had an email response from the USCIS liaison within a few weeks noting that they are working on case rebalancing (center to center) so we shall see what happens or if any of us are lucky enough to transfer into Potomac center. My Senator is a huge opponent of the immigration delays though and fights really hard for his constituent base on this particular subject. I would write a letter regarding your concerns, request that they contact USCIS to investigate the backlog and sign it...fax over to their office and they'll have your "written authorization" in hand to support you quickly. I'm sorry you didn't get a quick reply to your request. I think it's very selective based on who's in office and whether they support the process.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

I heard back from mine within two days and they had an email response from the USCIS liaison within a few weeks noting that they are working on case rebalancing (center to center) so we shall see what happens or if any of us are lucky enough to transfer into Potomac center. My Senator is a huge opponent of the immigration delays though and fights really hard for his constituent base on this particular subject. I would write a letter regarding your concerns, request that they contact USCIS to investigate the backlog and sign it...fax over to their office and they'll have your "written authorization" in hand to support you quickly. I'm sorry you didn't get a quick reply to your request. I think it's very selective based on who's in office and whether they support the process.

When did they tell you about rebalancing the workload? It's great if it happens, I hope it does!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
7 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Did they give any estimate on when the case rebalancing will happen?

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Aurora194 said:

When did they tell you about rebalancing the workload? It's great if it happens, I hope it does!

3 hours ago, LilyJohansen said:

Did they give any estimate on when the case rebalancing will happen?

No estimate and no details but I had specifically asked (or rather bluntly suggested) that they transfer my case to Potomac and the response on April 5th was as follows:

"Unfortunately, we cannot request that your file be transferred to a specific service center.  The applications are filed based on residency of specific states.  However, I understand that the entire USCIS is in the process of redistributing workloads.   Your file could still end up being transferred."

I did read up on the transfer process though and if that happens then our case is inserted between the others in numerical order as to "keep your place in line". I imagine it takes some time to coordinate and mobilize but I think that's a positive sign that there is pressure to make some adjustments.

We can all hope (or pray) at the very least!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, IndiaAnnie said:

The applications are filed based on residency of specific states. 

That is not true for overseas applications at least. Some applications from France are sent to Potomac, others to Nebraska.

For our story, look at my profile.

7 minutes ago, JulienR said:

That is not true for overseas applications at least. Some applications from France are sent to Potomac, others to Nebraska.

By state ours should have been sent to Texas I believe (Florida) but we got Nebraska 

pray for work load balancing and thatbtjey transfer some cases out 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

By state ours should have been sent to Texas I believe (Florida) but we got Nebraska 

pray for work load balancing and thatbtjey transfer some cases out 

Same here, Florida as well, geographically it should have been sent to Texas, ended up in Nebraska. I don’t believe there’s really any rhyme or reason at this point, it seems like they just shove all the petitions they can to Nebraska.

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.