TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Michael_194 said:

Not sure what some people are on but 10 months on relation to 4 at Potomac is a very long time. 

If you see the wait as normal then your petition alone should be at Nebraska service center. There is nothing positive about waiting and seeing no new updates on cases. Am I blind or are you blind? I see at most 1 case change to NAO2 a WEEK! On here. Let's just sit back a few more weeks...LOL....a few....

Absolutely 100% agree... This is total BS! No reason for the differences between offices, and no reason for this to take 12+ months for a U.S. Citizen to get a foreign spouse or kids here. Assuming no legal issues or mistakes on our part. I can't just settle for this even when my wife gets here because we will start the process over to bring her 2 kids soon as she makes it here. Having known ahead it was taking this long we would have filed for them at the same time as her. Their English is not good and we thought another year or so with tutors would make for an easier transition to school here. That was under the assumption that it was taking less than 6 months to get here from start to finish. We were a little misinformed and then the process just keeps taking longer and longer also. We are both trying to stay positive, but definitely getting more pissed, discouraged, and annoyed by the day. Especially knowing it all starts over with the kids soon as she gets here. 

54 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

Absolutely 100% agree... This is total BS! No reason for the differences between offices, and no reason for this to take 12+ months for a U.S. Citizen to get a foreign spouse or kids here. Assuming no legal issues or mistakes on our part. I can't just settle for this even when my wife gets here because we will start the process over to bring her 2 kids soon as she makes it here. Having known ahead it was taking this long we would have filed for them at the same time as her. Their English is not good and we thought another year or so with tutors would make for an easier transition to school here. That was under the assumption that it was taking less than 6 months to get here from start to finish. We were a little misinformed and then the process just keeps taking longer and longer also. We are both trying to stay positive, but definitely getting more pissed, discouraged, and annoyed by the day. Especially knowing it all starts over with the kids soon as she gets 

I hope their petitions go to a different center I really do. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Michael_194 said:

I hope their petitions go to a different center I really do. 

I really hope Too like that we will have a chance to live before  the end of 2019 !!!

Because even  if we came back at 10 months « officially « (Max ) for NSC and for most of all we contacted our Senators we all know that we have just few chances to receive our NOA2 on Time .. and i am a little bit tired , pissed etc after  already 222 days of wait to see How slow this whole process in this SC is...

I would like to think that we will be able to be in State side in october but i have now  serious doubts...

So i keep praying to be transfered to another center 🤞🙏

1 hour ago, Jo&Ro said:

Thank you... Meeeeee too! 

Yeah I don't understand the acceptance of policies that allow a backlog to happen on USC petitions. Especially when the agency works by the fees you pay. 

Last I checked time is spent. Never earned. And you definitely don't know how much you have of it. So if you're willing to accept time thrown away as normal then that's all on them. 

Edited by JMPM

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

19 minutes ago, JMPM said:

Yeah I don't understand the acceptance of policies that allow a backlog to happen on USC petitions. Especially when the agency works by the fees you pay. 

Last I checked time is spent. Never earned. And you definitely don't know how much you have of it. So if you're willing to accept time thrown away as normal then that's all on them. 

Absolutely agree! Immigration brings in HUGE revenue and very small amount seems to be going back into the immigration system. I am 100% all for secure boarders and a safe America, but they have to make the immigration process acceptable also and 12+ months sure as hell isn't acceptable in my opinion. Especially when I can't bring them here to visit while waiting. Having been to a few other countries and seeing what she has gone through living and working in 2 other countries has shown me how bad our system is. She has worked in Hong Kong and is currently working in Singapore and both took 2 months or less to get her in. Singapore has to be nearly half immigrants and they have little to no illeagal immigrant issues. Yes, they are MUCH smaller that the U.S., but they have their system like a well oiled machine compared to ours. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

Absolutely agree! Immigration brings in HUGE revenue and very small amount seems to be going back into the immigration system. I am 100% all for secure boarders and a safe America, but they have to make the immigration process acceptable also and 12+ months sure as hell isn't acceptable in my opinion. Especially when I can't bring them here to visit while waiting. Having been to a few other countries and seeing what she has gone through living and working in 2 other countries has shown me how bad our system is. She has worked in Hong Kong and is currently working in Singapore and both took 2 months or less to get her in. Singapore has to be nearly half immigrants and they have little to no illeagal immigrant issues. Yes, they are MUCH smaller that the U.S., but they have their system like a well oiled machine compared to ours. 

Agree with you.. 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, ASCDT2017 said:

I really hope Too like that we will have a chance to live before  the end of 2019 !!!

Because even  if we came back at 10 months « officially « (Max ) for NSC and for most of all we contacted our Senators we all know that we have just few chances to receive our NOA2 on Time .. and i am a little bit tired , pissed etc after  already 222 days of wait to see How slow this whole process in this SC is...

I would like to think that we will be able to be in State side in october but i have now  serious doubts...

So i keep praying to be transfered to another center 🤞🙏

I posted this yesterday but none of the 194 cases from my PD or the date before (June 6th and 5th) have been approved so they are definitely not at a 10 month max. I do have hope for hearing back by the end of April! We have waited 305 days with nothing, and the inquiry I sent for outside of official processing back in March said basically, "You're in line. Wait 60 days before asking again. Sorry for the delay." 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jo&Ro said:

The inefficiencies of government monopolistic bureaucracies are legendary, in the US and in many countries, it's the nature of the system--we as citizens have no choice but to put up with this #######.  That or move to another country to be with our spouses where the process is faster and more efficient.  Our plan B is to apply for a Brazilian spousal visa and I'll move there to be with my husband if this process continues longer than October of this year--their process only takes two months and is very simple.  Where are all of our fees going?  Why don't they hire more people to process the applications?  A business would hire more staff, add more computer systems, open more processing centers.  But this is a government monopoly so there is no motivation to do it, no competition, no alternatives, and the money just keeps coming in, our money that they just put in the bank or spend it unwisely with no accountability.  It's sad but that's the way it is.  Good luck while you wait.  Stay positive even though it's hard!  That's all we can do really.  And vent, and send complaints to politicians who don't do anything to  fix the system....

Edited by carmel34

So I got one of those reminders from visajourney based on the estimate date of adjudication and Jan 7 2020

First it in Sept. Then it slipped to Oct then straight into December. At this rate our two year anniversary will occur before she can immigrate

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 minute ago, JMPM said:

So I got one of those reminders from visajourney based on the estimate date of adjudication and Jan 7 2020

First it in Sept. Then it slipped to Oct then straight into December. At this rate our two year anniversary will occur before she can immigrate

Same here - now it says June 27, 2019. We began our journey with a March 2019 estimate. Our Priority Date is August 15, 2018.  Our first anniversary is in 2 days. Thankfully we are together, but my 14 yr old son left 2 months ago to go back to the USA to wait for us because of school and we had to get him situated with an endocrinologist. It’s killing me to not be with him. Our family is divided no matter where I go.  I’m afraid to leave and be with my son, have to buy all new furniture, car etc and then get denied the marriage visa and then have to sell everything and leave the USA to come back to Cambodia, so I just wait here. It’s a terrible pain to endure. Haven’t heard back from the Senator, going to email them again today about what they’re doing for all of us. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.