TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Timeline

I'm taking the change back to 10 months max as a good sign because I like being positive BUT I'm still contacting my congresspeople because overall USCIS has taken an average of 2 months longer to process I-130s in Fiscal Year 2018 than in Fiscal Year 2017 despite an overall drop in all cases received (not just I-130s but all forms they handle).

Our PD is June 6, 2018. We have been waiting 10 months as of today. Using the Case Tracker app's search tool, I can see that no other I-130 cases at Nebraska from June 5th and 6th have been approved (and there are almost 200). That means all of us have been waiting the 10 months listed as the maximum normal range already and will continue to wait at least a few more weeks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, gonzolux said:

I'm taking the change back to 10 months max as a good sign because I like being positive BUT I'm still contacting my congresspeople because overall USCIS has taken an average of 2 months longer to process I-130s in Fiscal Year 2018 than in Fiscal Year 2017 despite an overall drop in all cases received (not just I-130s but all forms they handle).

Our PD is June 6, 2018. We have been waiting 10 months as of today. Using the Case Tracker app's search tool, I can see that no other I-130 cases at Nebraska from June 5th and 6th have been approved (and there are almost 200). That means all of us have been waiting the 10 months listed as the maximum normal range already and will continue to wait at least a few more weeks. 

Wow, that’s discouraging to hear. I’ve already reached out to senator and congressman. What more could be done? I hope you get approved soonest. Please keep us posted once you do, it will be happening soon 🤞🏽

Timeline
1 hour ago, gonzolux said:

Please how can you see other i130 Nebraska cases using the app? I just downloaded it

Timeline
10 minutes ago, MrsEze said:

Please how can you see other i130 Nebraska cases using the app? I just downloaded it

I go to Search (which is on the bottom row on iPhones). It automatically has your case number in the search bar. And change the limit to 500 (the max), and hit search. Once it's done, make sure to press I-130 down at the bottom to filter out other forms. It will show you the cases with numbers nearest to yours, you can also see a chart as well (this button is on the top right on iPhones). All LIN numbers are at Nebraska. So with the 500 limit, I can see there are 194 pending cases from June 5th and 6th. A small handful of cases were rejected out right for improper payment or wrong address and those are listed as well. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

I go to Search (which is on the bottom row on iPhones). It automatically has your case number in the search bar. And change the limit to 500 (the max), and hit search. Once it's done, make sure to press I-130 down at the bottom to filter out other forms. It will show you the cases with numbers nearest to yours, you can also see a chart as well (this button is on the top right on iPhones). All LIN numbers are at Nebraska. So with the 500 limit, I can see there are 194 pending cases from June 5th and 6th. A small handful of cases were rejected out right for improper payment or wrong address and those are listed as well. 

Okay thank you. Surely, you’ve made a case inquiry? 

4 hours ago, JMPM said:

Yes let's stop the efforts because 7.5-10 months is acceptable. Yet we have many members beyond range still with no approval but all is well because the website reverted back to the previous processing time.

It's not acceptable at all. There should be pressure for USCIS to process in a timely fashion especially when it used to be processed much faster in the past.

If you're cool with waiting a long time for something that shouldn't be that long you're more than welcomed to wait.  

While waiting the rest of us are taking action.  

I have taken action on every else behalf. My petition was filed only 3 months ago. Point blank is we can do all this talk but every case is different. Everyone files and evidence submitted is different. Some cases have subject background information in it that has to be getting scrutinized heavier. I have seen cases that went to the Nebraska Center eho was approved less than 7 months. So i do agree this center is slow, that doesn't mean some of us has to be negative about it. Just pray and let God take control. That goes for me too

Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsEze said:

Okay thank you. Surely, you’ve made a case inquiry? 

Yep! I made a case inquiry on March 20th as soon as it was "out of normal processing time" before they changed the wait times. I heard back yesterday (I posted about it here, but it got lost in the shuffle). Not surprisingly, the response was basically "You're in line, wait 60 days before reaching out again."  

Good heavens... So basically the out of normal time inquiry amounts to absolutely nothing?? This whole process is taking years off my life...haha 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, gonzolux said:

HI! Sorry, which App did you download? I have "USCIS Tracker" and USCIS App. I don't have a search function on either of those. I see lots of USCIS trackers on the App store. Thanks!

Timeline
29 minutes ago, AbbyD said:

HI! Sorry, which App did you download? I have "USCIS Tracker" and USCIS App. I don't have a search function on either of those. I see lots of USCIS trackers on the App store. Thanks!

I use Case Tracker for iPhone. The icon is a vertical US flag with a circle in the middle that contains a white eagle on a blue background.  

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

Good heavens... So basically the out of normal time inquiry amounts to absolutely nothing?? This whole process is taking years off my life...haha 

Well,  it was very clear to me from looking around the Visa Journey forums that Nebraska Service Center was way behind. So I was expecting a canned response like I got. Seeing as there are another 190+ cases pending from around my PD, I wasn't expecting any special attention since those folks could have all submitted an outside normal processing time inquiry on March 19th and 20th. They behind for all of us, so there isn't anything unusual about the time I have waited in comparison to the cases around me. 

Not sure what some people are on but 10 months on relation to 4 at Potomac is a very long time. 

If you see the wait as normal then your petition alone should be at Nebraska service center. There is nothing positive about waiting and seeing no new updates on cases. Am I blind or are you blind? I see at most 1 case change to NAO2 a WEEK! On here. Let's just sit back a few more weeks...LOL....a few....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.