TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Hi all,

We both live overseas, is there a way to file a complaint without contacting senators?

I am so so frustrated, we are super ready to move and start our lives together in the USA.

I am happy to have my husband here with me, but it also creates a way of living we call: in Limbo land.

Let me know how we can help raising our voices toward these crazy process times!

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Rosie91 said:

Hi all,

We both live overseas, is there a way to file a complaint without contacting senators?

I am so so frustrated, we are super ready to move and start our lives together in the USA.

I am happy to have my husband here with me, but it also creates a way of living we call: in Limbo land.

Let me know how we can help raising our voices toward these crazy process times!

I am overseas too, been in Asian for 7 years. I contacted the Senator for the State that I file my taxes and keep my drivers license and voter registration. You could also contact the Senator for the State that you plan on residing, the address listed on your petition. 

7 hours ago, Tissa said:

Thank you! Made some changes to mine and submitted. 

I am writing in regards to the legal Immigration process as a whole, and not as an inquiry or update on my particular case. 

After much research, I found that in February of this year (85) House Democrats sent a letter to the USCIS in regards to the extreme backlog of processing immigration cases and their concern for the process. Recent statistics indicate that the number of immigration applications has declined over the past year, yet USCIS timelines for processing continues to increase. In addition, the Association of Immigration Lawyers also sent a letter to the USCIS addressing the issue of "creating a barrier to legal immigration". 

As I looked on the USCIS website this morning, Nebraska Service Center has set their processing time for CR1/Spouse back 2.5 months. When I originally submitted my application back in December of 2018 the processing time was 7.5 - 9 months. Today, April 5th the USCIS shows 9.5 to 12 months processing times for immediate relatives of the US Citizens. I filed a reunification petition for my wife in December 2018 and it was sent to Nebraska Service Center. From all of the timelines that I have seen other petitioners posted and the recent increase of the processing times, I am extremely concerned that my wife and our toddler will have to wait an exceptionally long time to be reunited.

I am writing because I have gotten to know a large community of spouses who are in my position waiting to be reunified with their spouses and minor children. Many people are waiting to get issued a immigration visa for their spouse and the wait is way beyond the timeline set out by the USCIS and keeps increasing. This impacts US citizens not only emotionally, but financially as well because traveling to visit a spouse overseas costs thousands of dollars. 

I am a United States veteran and I currently work for Boeing – high security organization. I served my country honorably and I expect my country to ensure my family’s well being. I am asking you to investigate the extreme backlog at the Nebraska Service Center for the following reasons:

1. Backlog of Spouse Immigration Visa; 

2. Extreme discrepancies in processing spouse immigration visas amongst all the service centers (Postomac Service Center is processing the same cases in 4 months, for an example, while California Center takes over a year long and Nebraska Center takes 9-12 months for immediate relatives of US citizens);

3. Any potential bias or irregularities when reviewing cases; 

4. Discrepancies at Nebraska Service Center between processing requests from US citizens vs. Green Card holders (the waiting time is the same or longer for US Citizens and for the GC holders. US citizens have always had priority is processing immigration visas for their spouses); 

4. The extreme emotional and financial impact on the American citizens throughout this long process.

As a former member of the US Military, I understand the time it takes to do background clearance and to ensure that only people with clear background are accepted into the country. As I had mentioned above, I work for an organization with very high clearance requirements. However, there has to be a better process to streamline the Immigrant Visa process for spouses and minor children of the Citizens of the United States.

Families are meant to live together. Children should not be separated from their parents. Spouses should not suffer years in separation. I am extremely concerned the negative impact the USCIS processing time will have on marriages. Long distance relationships are already difficult to maintain and added undue delays and processing of immigrant visas only adds to that stress.

I imagine you have heard a lot about the wait times and the unfairness of the immigrant visa process. I respectfully ask you to please look into this matter and help US Citizens married and waiting for reunification with their significant other and children. Families are hurting due to the very long processing times and denials (USCIS  sometimes claims to have lost documents or not receiving enough evidence). 

I sincerely appreciate your time reading this and I hope you can assist me with this very important matter. It is important for thousands of families throughout the United States.

Respectfully,

ok good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Sarah G said:

Can I file a complaint as beneficiary or does my husband need to do it as the petitioner? 

The petitioner as they are the USA citizen who can contact their congressman. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Sarah G said:

Can I file a complaint as beneficiary or does my husband need to do it as the petitioner? 

Your husband has to do it. But you can fill out all forms and stuff and write a letter and have your husband read over it etc. Then he can fax it all. Or you can even email on his behalf (if he is ok with that of course and if he is super busy and can't do it himself)

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

22 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

The petitioner as they are the USA citizen who can contact their congressman. 

21 minutes ago, Tissa said:

Your husband has to do it. But you can fill out all forms and stuff and write a letter and have your husband read over it etc. Then he can fax it all. Or you can even email on his behalf (if he is ok with that of course and if he is super busy and can't do it himself)

Thank you both. He wouldn't mind doing it, I'm a control freak and insist on doing everything myself 😂 I have filled stuff out and sent emails on his behalf so we should be good. Thanks for the advice! 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Rosie91 said:

Hi all,

We're in limbo land too! I live in North Macedonia with my husband. I came here for Peace Corps and then fell in love and married. We filed shortly after we got married but I got here in Fall 2016 for my two years of volunteer service with Peace Corps. 

So I got a response to my outside normal processing time inquiry. I sent it March 20th, so I was surprised to hear back already. But I was not surprised to see that the response was the standard "your case is in line. Wait 60 days before contacting us again." Our PD is June 6, 2018. On March 20th we were outside of normal processing time, but of course now we are not since they updated wait times to up to 12 months. We've been waiting 10 month as of tomorrow. 

Edit: It's just changed back down to 10 month max which is great news! But doesn't quite make sense we have waited 10 months exactly but the receipt date for inquiry is June 22, 2018. 

Edited by gonzolux

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, hihilulu said:

Hey,

Processing times are back to 7.5 - 10 months.

Screenshot 2019-04-05 at 21.57.35.png

That's so strange, every form type showing same date for case of inquiry!!! June 22, 2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, hihilulu said:

Hey,

Yeah and Potomac now shows longer processing times. I'm calling BS since we know many folks along the way are getting approvals in 3-4mths. I'm calling BS on the updates and REAL data never lies (says the finance analyst)!! ;)

Edited by IndiaAnnie

1 minute ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Yeah and Potomac now shows longer processing times. I'm calling BS since we know many folks along the way are getting approvals in 3-4mths. I'm calling BS on the updates! ;)

I must agree with you. These numbers keep changing quite often and randomly. Reality is something else. 😞

1 hour ago, hihilulu said:

Hey,

I wouldn't rely on what they post. I think they trying to put the cat back in the bag. Until we see progress from the members here that's when we know they are putting USC ahead of LPRs 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hey everyone, another Nebraska filer here (October 2018).  I'm from DC, so, unfortunately, don't have a congressperson or senator with any real power. I may go ahead and write to others, though, just to feel less helpless. My case status also says "last updated 2/10/19" but no idea what it's referring to, and pretty sure it's nothing important. This is so frustrating!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.