TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ASCDT2017 said:

Not stupid question ! 

With my husband ( the petitioner ) we have contacted the senator of the state that  we will live in . 

You can google the state senators of the state that you plan to live in . 

You simply explain your situation . 

I hope I answered your question 🙂

We are in TX and there 2 senators. Do we contact both? By phone? Or mail? They have like 20 mailing addresses in Texas and 1 in Washington. Where do we mail our letters to? Sorry for asking so much. I just want to make sure our request actually gets to the senator(s) and as quickly as possible too 

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Just now, Tissa said:

We are in TX and there 2 senators. Do we contact both? By phone? Or mail? They have like 20 mailing addresses in Texas and 1 in Washington. Where do we mail our letters to? Sorry for asking so much. I just want to make sure our request actually gets to the senator(s) and as quickly as possible too 

Try both senators in TX by phone first and then they will direct you on what to do . 

The secretaries are usually very nice and helpful . 

They are usually pretty fast to answer .

Don’t be sorry , we are all in the same boat and your journey just start  . I understand your concern !  

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Tissa said:

Don’t forget to update your VJ timeline to follow the progress of your file 😉

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Tissa said:

When you Google (I live in Lane County so I Google for my assigned senator for the county) and link to their webpage. They should have a drop down menu under "services" where you can choose "help with a government agency" and mine specifically calls out USCIS. I then fill out the online form with my concern, case history and my request for their support with correcting the case backlog and discrepancy between the Nebraska center (9-12mths) and Potomac (3-4mths). After you submit they will have an aid contact you in 24-48hrs to request that you sign a form giving them permission to contact USCIS on your behalf. They will then take a week or so to reach out and get back to you. There will be no specific action on your case but they'll start to get the point at Nebraska when the senate liaison gets a ton of complaints. The more senators that get involved for unhappy constituents the more noise it will make. If your state doesn't work like mine just submit a request online or by email and start by asking them who represents you need on your ZIP code and what is the procedure to get help with a USCIS issue. They will guide you through the process happily (because they are elected by our votes). I hope this helps!!

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

When you Google (I live in Lane County so I Google for my assigned senator for the county) and link to their webpage. They should have a drop down menu under "services" where you can choose "help with a government agency" and mine specifically calls out USCIS. I then fill out the online form with my concern, case history and my request for their support with correcting the case backlog and discrepancy between the Nebraska center (9-12mths) and Potomac (3-4mths). After you submit they will have an aid contact you in 24-48hrs to request that you sign a form giving them permission to contact USCIS on your behalf. They will then take a week or so to reach out and get back to you. There will be no specific action on your case but they'll start to get the point at Nebraska when the senate liaison gets a ton of complaints. The more senators that get involved for unhappy constituents the more noise it will make. If your state doesn't work like mine just submit a request online or by email and start by asking them who represents you need on your ZIP code and what is the procedure to get help with a USCIS issue. They will guide you through the process happily (because they are elected by our votes). I hope this helps!!

Thank you so much for such detailed response. Unfortunately I am a beneficiary with lots of time on my hands, but I am of no use for this (((( My husband works and I am afraid they will contact them when he is at work and he will not be able to respond (. But we shall try anyways. Thank you again! 

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Tissa said:

Thank you so much for such detailed response. Unfortunately I am a beneficiary with lots of time on my hands, but I am of no use for this (((( My husband works and I am afraid they will contact them when he is at work and he will not be able to respond (. But we shall try anyways. Thank you again! 

That's okay!! I have many friends that are beneficiaries (past and present) so you can at least track down the proper contact, fill out the web form and submit the letter. Send a copy to your spouse so they know what you said at least! They will leave a voicemail if he's at work and/or send email in response. After all, you're married so you doing it is no different...just list his information for contact. He'll have to sign the form but that's easy and he can probably print, sign and fax back from work (I signed and sent then a copy with my cell phone).

That's the beauty of America. We have the freedom to speak, access our government and raise our hand. Now, whether they can do anything about it above the guy in charge remains to be seen! 😀

50 minutes ago, Tissa said:

Stupid question may be, but how do you all know what congressman to contact? And how do you contact them and what specifically do you say? We are at NSC too.

Copy what I wrote and feel free to change it around how you please

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Mr. Bama said:

Copy what I wrote and feel free to change it around how you please

Thank you! Made some changes to mine and submitted. 

I am writing in regards to the legal Immigration process as a whole, and not as an inquiry or update on my particular case. 

After much research, I found that in February of this year (85) House Democrats sent a letter to the USCIS in regards to the extreme backlog of processing immigration cases and their concern for the process. Recent statistics indicate that the number of immigration applications has declined over the past year, yet USCIS timelines for processing continues to increase. In addition, the Association of Immigration Lawyers also sent a letter to the USCIS addressing the issue of "creating a barrier to legal immigration". 

As I looked on the USCIS website this morning, Nebraska Service Center has set their processing time for CR1/Spouse back 2.5 months. When I originally submitted my application back in December of 2018 the processing time was 7.5 - 9 months. Today, April 5th the USCIS shows 9.5 to 12 months processing times for immediate relatives of the US Citizens. I filed a reunification petition for my wife in December 2018 and it was sent to Nebraska Service Center. From all of the timelines that I have seen other petitioners posted and the recent increase of the processing times, I am extremely concerned that my wife and our toddler will have to wait an exceptionally long time to be reunited.

I am writing because I have gotten to know a large community of spouses who are in my position waiting to be reunified with their spouses and minor children. Many people are waiting to get issued a immigration visa for their spouse and the wait is way beyond the timeline set out by the USCIS and keeps increasing. This impacts US citizens not only emotionally, but financially as well because traveling to visit a spouse overseas costs thousands of dollars. 

I am a United States veteran and I currently work for Boeing – high security organization. I served my country honorably and I expect my country to ensure my family’s well being. I am asking you to investigate the extreme backlog at the Nebraska Service Center for the following reasons:

1. Backlog of Spouse Immigration Visa; 

2. Extreme discrepancies in processing spouse immigration visas amongst all the service centers (Postomac Service Center is processing the same cases in 4 months, for an example, while California Center takes over a year long and Nebraska Center takes 9-12 months for immediate relatives of US citizens);

3. Any potential bias or irregularities when reviewing cases; 

4. Discrepancies at Nebraska Service Center between processing requests from US citizens vs. Green Card holders (the waiting time is the same or longer for US Citizens and for the GC holders. US citizens have always had priority is processing immigration visas for their spouses); 

4. The extreme emotional and financial impact on the American citizens throughout this long process.

As a former member of the US Military, I understand the time it takes to do background clearance and to ensure that only people with clear background are accepted into the country. As I had mentioned above, I work for an organization with very high clearance requirements. However, there has to be a better process to streamline the Immigrant Visa process for spouses and minor children of the Citizens of the United States.

Families are meant to live together. Children should not be separated from their parents. Spouses should not suffer years in separation. I am extremely concerned the negative impact the USCIS processing time will have on marriages. Long distance relationships are already difficult to maintain and added undue delays and processing of immigrant visas only adds to that stress.

I imagine you have heard a lot about the wait times and the unfairness of the immigrant visa process. I respectfully ask you to please look into this matter and help US Citizens married and waiting for reunification with their significant other and children. Families are hurting due to the very long processing times and denials (USCIS  sometimes claims to have lost documents or not receiving enough evidence). 

I sincerely appreciate your time reading this and I hope you can assist me with this very important matter. It is important for thousands of families throughout the United States.

Respectfully,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you all so much for helping get it out there to write our senators. The idea of it scared me because.. what the hell do i write ? Who do i write it to ?  

You all have inspired me to follow suit. 

We are all in this to make a change. 🙌🏻

I sent my concern in to my senator Ted Cruz here in texas. 

"

Hello, I am reaching out to find information on why the Nebraska service center is so behind on i-130 application processing opposed to Potomac. Based on research and follow up Potomac center is already approving 2019 files and I am at 283 days without a word( Priority date June 25th) Initially service times were 7.5-9.5 months when I sent my case in and recently it jumped to 9.5-12 months! It put a serious burden on families. 

I am asking as a whole as to why can't they transfer the caseloads to even out this backlog. People are approved within 4 months and others are here waiting 9, 10 and 11, and 12 months all because they see it not fit to transfer load or pick up the pace? This is a service we the people paid for as well and if you would like to inquire on my specific case I am all open ears but more interested in why they have not shifted the workload at all this year. If you could please get back to me with any news I would appreciate it alot. Thanks again!"

I hope you all really consider reaching out. It isn't hard. 

Edited by Michael_194

Timeline

Hi to everybody,

We sent our I130 file to Phoenix lockbox on March 27th and got Nebraska Service Center (NOA 1 receveied by text today). 

We are as disapointed as you all, and my husband (the petitionner) will definitly write to our state senator (NM). 

But I looked at processing times and seems like Potomac is no longer the best option.... 

Here are different processing times (US citizen filing for spouse): 

CALIFORNIA : 34.5 - 45 months 

NEBRASKA : 9.5 - 12 months

POTOMAC : 8.5 - 11 months

TEXAS : 8 - 10 months

VERMONT : 5 - 7 months

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Devon&Sandra said:

Hi to everybody,

We sent our I130 file to Phoenix lockbox on March 27th and got Nebraska Service Center (NOA 1 receveied by text today). 

We are as disapointed as you all, and my husband (the petitionner) will definitly write to our state senator (NM). 

But I looked at processing times and seems like Potomac is no longer the best option.... 

Here are different processing times (US citizen filing for spouse): 

CALIFORNIA : 34.5 - 45 months 

NEBRASKA : 9.5 - 12 months

POTOMAC : 8.5 - 11 months

TEXAS : 8 - 10 months

VERMONT : 5 - 7 months

The Potomac Service Center has shown times similar to Texas and Nebraska for over a year, and yet they consistently approve petitions within 3-4 months. I included this as a part of the email to my Senator, the blatant lies in regards to the processing times posted for Potomac compared to the reality. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jessica and Ne said:

The Potomac Service Center has shown times similar to Texas and Nebraska for over a year, and yet they consistently approve petitions within 3-4 months. I included this as a part of the email to my Senator, the blatant lies in regards to the processing times posted for Potomac compared to the reality. 

Thank you for the information! We will definitely include that too!

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Michael_194 said:

I sent my concern in to my senator Ted Cruz here in texas. 

"

Hello, I am reaching out to find information on why the Nebraska service center is so behind on i-130 application processing opposed to Potomac. Based on research and follow up Potomac center is already approving 2019 files and I am at 283 days without a word( Priority date June 25th) Initially service times were 7.5-9.5 months when I sent my case in and recently it jumped to 9.5-12 months! It put a serious burden on families. 

I am asking as a whole as to why can't they transfer the caseloads to even out this backlog. People are approved within 4 months and others are here waiting 9, 10 and 11, and 12 months all because they see it not fit to transfer load or pick up the pace? This is a service we the people paid for as well and if you would like to inquire on my specific case I am all open ears but more interested in why they have not shifted the workload at all this year. If you could please get back to me with any news I would appreciate it alot. Thanks again!"

I hope you all really consider reaching out. It isn't hard. 

Thanks for this. Also here in a Texas,  I just sent mine to Ted Cruz minutes ago. I encourage everyone to contact their state representatives. Hopefully we see some changes soon. 

Best of luck everyone. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.