TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

STOP complaining about processing time on here and send in a complaint.

The more that send those complaints the better for all of us.

Edited by Pininfarina

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
14 hours ago, JK1880 said:

Not sure how the USCIS functions by workload??? but its ridiculous to see this lot of discrepancy within same petition. If it routed to Nebraska its currently taking 12 months now. If it routs to Potomac it just takes 4 months. I m felling NSC going to get further worst and worst and which we cant do nothing about it and not in our control. What in my control is going to husband country and stay. For me I decided to leave this country and go back and stay with family and husband while our petition is pending... anyways my all family members are there.I am going next month. Super excited for that part. 

We just live once and this wait is killing me ...I don't want to loose my 2 precious years without my love 😭.. I wish I could be strong like you.....

Yes, honestly I am jealous of people with their petitions at Potomac. Sadly, for now we can't do anything other than wait. I really hope we don't have to wait too long :( 

I am glad you can go spend time with your husband, that makes the wait easier! I am not sure when I will see my husband again so that is making me depressed :( but oh well! One day we will live together 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Team A Forever said:

That's definitely a silver lining in all of this. My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary two weeks ago...

So did we! We're planning to wait til our 2 year anniversary so we won't have to deal with a conditional green card. It feels good to have one year down.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

So did we! We're planning to wait til our 2 year anniversary so we won't have to deal with a conditional green card. It feels good to have one year down.

Congratulations on your anniversary! I have a feeling my interview will be near our 2 year anniversary, it if is then we will definitely wait just so we can skip removal of conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
36 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

Writing one to my Senator right now. 

I already wrote to my local representative and included the following information that I found from a lawyer who explained what is going on.. this is some of the letter:

"I am writing in regards to the legal Immigration process as a whole, and not as an inquiry or update on my particular case. 

After much research, I find that in February of this year (85) House Democrats sent a letter to the Director of USCIS in regards to the extreme backlog of cases and their concern for the process. Statistics show that the number of applications being submitted has declined over the past year, but yet USCIS timelines for processing has got longer. 

In addition, the Association of Immigration Lawyers also sent a letter to USCIS addressing the issue of this administration "creating a barrier to legal immigration". We are in a crisis situation, and (we) the people are asking for our Representatives to get involved. 

Now as I look this morning on the USCIS website, Nebraska has set there processing time for CR1/Spouse back 2.5 months. Initially when I submitted my application back in September 2018 the wait time was 7.5 - 9 months before sending an inquiry. Today, April 3rd the USCIS shows 9.5 to 12 months" 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline

I am waiting for my Senator's office to email me the form with consent to release our information so they can send an inquiry. Thankfully they prefer me to send it back via email because I live overseas and mail takes sometimes months to get to the US. 

In the meantime, here is some light reading from the American Immigration Lawyers Association...  https://www.aila.org/infonet/aila-policy-brief-uscis-processing-delays

It's good to reach out to your representatives. Also I started to reach out to reporters, and writers of news stories of immigration they are too focused on what's going on the south border. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

I already wrote to my local representative and included the following information that I found from a lawyer who explained what is going on.. this is some of the letter:

"I am writing in regards to the legal Immigration process as a whole, and not as an inquiry or update on my particular case. 

After much research, I find that in February of this year (85) House Democrats sent a letter to the Director of USCIS in regards to the extreme backlog of cases and their concern for the process. Statistics show that the number of applications being submitted has declined over the past year, but yet USCIS timelines for processing has got longer. 

In addition, the Association of Immigration Lawyers also sent a letter to USCIS addressing the issue of this administration "creating a barrier to legal immigration". We are in a crisis situation, and (we) the people are asking for our Representatives to get involved. 

Now as I look this morning on the USCIS website, Nebraska has set there processing time for CR1/Spouse back 2.5 months. Initially when I submitted my application back in September 2018 the wait time was 7.5 - 9 months before sending an inquiry. Today, April 3rd the USCIS shows 9.5 to 12 months" 

Looks great!! My senator admin just emailed me that "the whole of USCIS is in process of case load balancing. While we cannot request transfer of your specific case you may receive a transfer via this process."

Keep pushing folks because every senators office has a liaison at the Nebraska service center and they'll get the point soon enough.

1 minute ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Looks great!! My senator admin just emailed me that "the whole of USCIS is in process of case load balancing. While we cannot request transfer of your specific case you may receive a transfer via this process."

Keep pushing folks because every senators office has a liaison at the Nebraska service center and they'll get the point soon enough.

Don't ask for a transfer, ask them to investigate why are they delaying USC petitions over LPR's. My congress person wanted to dismiss it at first with basic info too, but they opened an inquiry. We do need more attention. I started to tweet to reporters that write stories about immigration. It's a bit harder since of the character limitations. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

This whole process is so messed up. One location takes 4-5 months and another takes 12+ months and they don't see this being a huge problem. I've written my representatives now also. I kept it as a broad statement about Nebraska and the PR/citizen issue instead of anything pertaining my case. This taking over a year and pushing PR's ahead of U.S Citizens is both crazy. It's mentally hard and also not possible with work schedules to see my wife easily either. Very expensive also to get to the other side of the world and back, and they've already declined her before we were married on a tourist Visa in less than 30 seconds in the interview after 2 questions. She's traveled to multiple strict countries with zero issues. No reason for this to be so difficult...

27 minutes ago, MayzieMcgrew said:

Anybody care to copy their message here? I'm not really sure what to say.

GAMAJM posted a very well written one a few post back if he/she doesn't mind you copying and putting your info in. 

11 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

GAMAJM posted a very well written one a few post back if he/she doesn't mind you copying and putting your info in. 

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Timeline

This appears only for lawyers to fill out on behalf of their clients, and we are not using one, but if you know anyone who is using a lawyer this could be good. Next week is the AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) National Day of Action on Capitol Hill . https://www.aila.org/infonet/call-for-examples-impacts-of-uscis-processing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.