TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
17 minutes ago, JK1880 said:

Wow! I dont understand whats the benefit then of being an US citizen? This is insane.. Is there anyway to adjust my immigration status from US citizen to Green Card? I always assumed that US Citizen will have preference then the immigrants while filing petition.. I was so WRONG. 😨

From what I understand, even if the petition gets approved faster, a permanent resident still has to wait until their priority date becomes current to continue the process. So permanent residents still have to wait longer than a U.S citizen to bring their spouses to the U.S

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

It makes me sad that Nebraska is taking so long to approve petitions, i can't wait to live with my husband! On the bright side, if this process takes long enough then I may not have to file for removal of conditions :P

Edited by Iscir

58 minutes ago, Iscir said:

It makes me sad that Nebraska is taking so long to approve petitions, i can't wait to live with my husband! On the bright side, if this process takes long enough then I may not have to file for removal of conditions :P

Not sure how the USCIS functions by workload??? but its ridiculous to see this lot of discrepancy within same petition. If it routed to Nebraska its currently taking 12 months now. If it routs to Potomac it just takes 4 months. I m felling NSC going to get further worst and worst and which we cant do nothing about it and not in our control. What in my control is going to husband country and stay. For me I decided to leave this country and go back and stay with family and husband while our petition is pending... anyways my all family members are there.I am going next month. Super excited for that part. 

We just live once and this wait is killing me ...I don't want to loose my 2 precious years without my love 😭.. I wish I could be strong like you.....

Edited by JK1880

18 minutes ago, JK1880 said:

Not sure how the USCIS functions by workload??? but its ridiculous to see this lot of discrepancy within same petition. If it routed to Nebraska its currently taking 12 months now. If it routs to Potomac it just takes 4 months. I m felling NSC going to get further worst and worst and which we cant do nothing about it and not in our control. What in my control is going to husband country and stay. For me I decided to leave this country and go back and stay with family and husband while our petition is pending... anyways my all family members are there.I am going next month. Super excited for that part. 

We just live once and this wait is killing me ...I don't want to loose my 2 precious years without my love 😭.. I wish I could be strong like you.....

Except some of us cant just get up and leave. Have to work lol. Enjoy your time away.

48 minutes ago, JK1880 said:

Bother your congress person. Inquire why the service center is performing horrible. Why are LPRs getting priority treatment when they have to wait at the NVC stage

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

This is so heartbreaking seeing USCIS website for Nebraska Service Center going back two months. I was so counting down til June 28 to put an inquiry in. I can’t believe it’s going to take at least a year just to get approved. All we can do is wait patiently again and pray that NCS speed up the pace and get these approval going 🤞🏾

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, JMPM said:

We all need to be active and reach out to our congress person, not for expedition, but to find out why Nebraska is backlogged, and why haven't they shifted some of the work over to other service centers. 

I know it might not seem like a lot, but mention in your correspondence that there's many others like you in different districts that are in the same boat. 

You are absolutely right!!

I just had this conversation today with my senators aid and the Nebraska liaison reported back with a 10-month average processing time. I asked her to look into it further and push because there are thousands stuck in those process and it's hurting families, finances and futures that build a better America. 

We've been in the process since August 2017 and changed from K1 to marriage and CR1 in November after "indefinite AP" after interview. I think the hardest part for me is knowing that it's still up to the interviewing officer at the embassy regardless of approvals at USCIS & NVC.

It breaks my heart...

9 hours ago, 攀弥旺 said:

Screenshot_20190402-133035.thumb.png.1b02ef391c16cc94c6f89ccc97e0510d.png

Looks like USCIS updated Nebraska's case inquiry dates, these discrepancy are outrageous

This is just heartbreaking and utterly unfair. 

How come Potomac is already processing January 2019?

Timeline
6 hours ago, IndiaAnnie said:

You are absolutely right!!

I just had this conversation today with my senators aid and the Nebraska liaison reported back with a 10-month average processing time. I asked her to look into it further and push because there are thousands stuck in those process and it's hurting families, finances and futures that build a better America. 

We've been in the process since August 2017 and changed from K1 to marriage and CR1 in November after "indefinite AP" after interview. I think the hardest part for me is knowing that it's still up to the interviewing officer at the embassy regardless of approvals at USCIS & NVC.

It breaks my heart...

Agreed! Its a huge financial burden to spend thousands of dollars every year to see my husband who is 24 hours away on the other side of the globe. 4 years and 7 trips later and we are now looking at another year of separation. I am deeply saddened by the direction  this country is moving in regards to legal immigration. Love knows no boundaries, something that the majority have no concept or sympathy. Unless you are in the same situation, then they don't see to care. My husband can't even visit due to the rigorous requirement to visit the USA from India. This is a nightmare as you said..

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline
10 hours ago, JK1880 said:

I see a 6 month difference for Potomac processing India faster than Nebraska :(

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

Agreed! Its a huge financial burden to spend thousands of dollars every year to see my husband who is 24 hours away on the other side of the globe. 4 years and 7 trips later and we are now looking at another year of separation. I am deeply saddened by the direction  this country is moving in regards to legal immigration. Love knows no boundaries, something that the majority have no concept or sympathy. Unless you are in the same situation, then they don't see to care. My husband can't even visit due to the rigorous requirement to visit the USA from India. This is a nightmare as you said..

Agreed with you!!! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

Oh my friend we share the same pain and similar story. My husband is South Indian and we've been fighting this system since Oct 2016 (denied visitor visa) through the K1 process (indefinite AP) and now waiting yet again through the CR1 process. I have spent over $20,000 US Dollars that could have/should have been invested in my own economy. It's a sad world today where policy doesn't account for the humanity, or lack thereof, or economic impact of these decisions. We all want to follow the process and be legitimate but the processing time it inexcusable. 

*** I urge everyone who reads this to Google your local senator and find their contact form on their website to send a message requesting help with the extensive processing times at the Nebraska service center. They WILL contact you back within a weeks time and request your statement, spouse information and signature so they can contact the USCIS liaison. ***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, Iscir said:

That's definitely a silver lining in all of this. My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary two weeks ago...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was thinking soon I will get the approval but now the scenario is quite different and this is so depressing. I went to meet my husband in February for two weeks. I cant go back and back because I work and the air ticket is not cheap.. I will try to contact my congress person. because this is so frustrating!!!!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.