TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2019 at 3:15 AM, Jessica and Ne said:

It would probably do you both good to see each other especially with all of these stressful updates. Can you meet in a neutral place? 

I will actually fly to his country maybe September of this year.   Feels so far away!  We remain positive!   Good thing is it has been over 10 years since his stupidity move and it is a good thing he never entered the United States. 

On 3/22/2019 at 9:46 PM, Michael_194 said:

Wow so he lied to the US embassy years ago about being married which he was denied then anyway and ofcourse they kept record being from his country he is from I can see how they would keep records and run right back years at his attempts to get a visitor visa. 

Good news is it was definitely an rfe of some sort allowing you to prove the marriage and I sure hope it does get pardoned. 

Yes!  When I opened the letter I became so upset.  I had forgotten when we first met he told me of this.  However, he said they were very friendly when they denied his Visitor Visa.  So I guess in his mind there was no trouble.   I was dumb not to remember or research.    Yes, him not actually entering the US is a positive, and being it is over 10 years is positive.  We sent any so much proof our marriage is bonafide.  Sadly, he most likely will be denied at the first interview for telling a lie 10 years ago.  Then I hear we file a wavier and attach a hardship as I am unable and would not be permitted to live in his country. 

11 hours ago, durdana said:

Submitting a case inquiry regarding outside normal processing time will help at this time or not ? 

PD May 25, 2018 

Only God knows because I'm sure everyone here knows the uscis page for Nebraska is just an automated update change thing. This is so ridiculous. 

34 minutes ago, Michael_194 said:

Only God knows because I'm sure everyone here knows the uscis page for Nebraska is just an automated update change thing. This is so ridiculous. 

I've complained to my congressperson not for an expedite, but an inquiry on why Nebraska is slower than others. I am not sure if it does any good, but I am sure if they get enough complaints and inquiries it might light a fire under them. I had shown some evidence of how fast potomac has been getting approvals and that kinda sealed the deal with the person to send an inquiry on behalf of the congress person's office. Will it do much? Idk (I understand I haven't been waiting long, but I don't like to see gov't services move slow. but on a local level I am just as demanding for answers which gets results lol)

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
12 hours ago, durdana said:

Submitting a case inquiry regarding outside normal processing time will help at this time or not ? 

PD May 25, 2018 

Doesn't answering inquiries regarding outside normal processing time take time away from the actual processing of the applications?

46 minutes ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

Doesn't answering inquiries regarding outside normal processing time take time away from the actual processing of the applications?

Why would it?

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Just now, Jon & Ygritte said:

Using resources to answer those inquiries instead of processing applications.

A different team handles that and if it's found to be out of process it gets put in a different pile to be handled everyone should report when their files are out of processing. 

There's a lot of policy manuals in the electronic reading room from many freedom of information act requests. I'll link some when I'm at the PC tomorrow 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, JMPM said:

I've complained to my congressperson not for an expedite, but an inquiry on why Nebraska is slower than others. I am not sure if it does any good, but I am sure if they get enough complaints and inquiries it might light a fire under them. I had shown some evidence of how fast potomac has been getting approvals and that kinda sealed the deal with the person to send an inquiry on behalf of the congress person's office. Will it do much? Idk (I understand I haven't been waiting long, but I don't like to see gov't services move slow. but on a local level I am just as demanding for answers which gets results lol)

Yes I did the same thing..also sent an email to Marco Rubio with a  general complaint about the inefficiency of the Nebraska service center in comparison to the other SC. The entire legal immigration system is backlogged due to this administration, and each day that passes is painful for all those who are waiting patiently. PD September 18, 2018

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

11 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

Using resources to answer those inquiries instead of processing applications.

As promised https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/About Us/Electronic Reading Room/Policies_and_Manuals/National_Customer_Service_Center_Policies.pdf  Page 35 starts with the processing time. They do a request. It gets passed on (I am sure the policy in this manual might be outdated, but hopefully more efficient)   Only pet peeve is when the agent is instructed to withhold information like 'Don't give them how many days are left, because they will think that's when they will be processed. 

6 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

Yes I did the same thing..also sent an email to Marco Rubio with a  general complaint about the inefficiency of the Nebraska service center in comparison to the other SC. The entire legal immigration system is backlogged due to this administration, and each day that passes is painful for all those who are waiting patiently. PD September 18, 2018

I wrote to him too  but I didn't hear back from his office, nor Rick Scott. I wrote to my congress person though. They started with just quoting what they found on the website after asking for my receipt number (Despite complaining about the service center in general) so they just fed me the information I could find out myself by just going to USCIS.gov Once I provided some receipt numbers of YSC getting approved in 3-5 months and asking why the disparities were, the lady handling my emails was going to do a congressional request on why there's a lag between the service centers and the information on the website isn't being updated. 

I encourage others to do the same I am sure more congressional attention to the Nebraska service center on their performance could improve it, and better transparency. My approach is not complaining about my individual case, but what's up with the performance of the service center. I don't mind waiting my turn, but I don't think an gov't agency should be dragging their feet they need to take a look at what they are doing and see if they can do it better without compromising security (even though I believe any perception of security is a false sense of security) 

Anyways don't be afraid to bring up issues to an elected official. Remember they want to keep their jobs and they want every vote. So if enough people make it an issue they focus on it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I keep telling myself that there has to be some reason why our petitions were handled by the slowest office, there has to be something good that comes from it. All of this pain from delays and waiting can’t be for nothing. Right? 

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jessica and Ne said:

I keep telling myself that there has to be some reason why our petitions were handled by the slowest office, there has to be something good that comes from it. All of this pain from delays and waiting can’t be for nothing. Right? 

Hmmmm I pray so....this is crazy!

On 3/28/2019 at 1:30 AM, JMPM said:

I feel the same and plan to do this today. I don't plan to even include my wife and my timeline, just making a broad statement about Nebraska in relation to say Potomac. More than double the time is insane! 

I've been messing around on this site for a few days and not sure I should be excited or discouraged now...haha GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! 

U.S. citizen to filipina working in Singapore 

Married: June 19 '18 in the Philippines 

NOA1: July 10 '18

NOA2: impatiently waiting

21 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

I feel the same and plan to do this today. I don't plan to even include my wife and my timeline, just making a broad statement about Nebraska in relation to say Potomac. More than double the time is insane! 

I've been messing around on this site for a few days and not sure I should be excited or discouraged now...haha GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! 

U.S. citizen to filipina working in Singapore 

Married: June 19 '18 in the Philippines 

NOA1: July 10 '18

NOA2: impatiently waiting

No worries it will get there. At least SmartBro has a great load that allows us to speak to our loved ones via Facebook video for unlimited amounts of time. I'd probably be more anxious if I couldn't 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.