TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

For me its still a little unclear if everything after NOA2 needs to be uploaded digitally or if I have to cut down another tree and send it the paperwork through mail? 😄

Edited by Rosie91

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Mr. Bama said:

Does anyone know if the Police Certificate has to be translated into English or does that stay the same in the current language?

Translations. Any document containing foreign language submitted to the Service shall be accompanied by a full English language translation which the translator has certified as complete and accurate, and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English.

this was taken from the State Department website. 

https://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/154965.htm

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jessica and Ne said:

Translations. Any document containing foreign language submitted to the Service shall be accompanied by a full English language translation which the translator has certified as complete and accurate, and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English.

this was taken from the State Department website. 

https://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/154965.htm

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

The first one was for USCIS sorry, even if it isn’t required if it’s the official language of the country that you’ll be interviewing in, but again, it needs to pass through the NVC first, so I would translate it. We’ll be getting ours soon and translated immediately. We found errors on our original marriage certificate when it was translated and were able to get it fixed immediately. 

Edited by Jessica and Ne

Happy Friday Everyone!   Well many of you have heard me vent and stress many months.  I finally got my update.  It is not pretty.  A poor choice can cause a hard lesson.

I finally received my notice from USCIS, it was a NOID.   It stated my husband had previously reported he was married to another woman, therefore our marriage was not recognized. 

My thoughts all came racing back, but my anger still took over.   

My husband over 15 years ago when he was just 22 missed his brother who had came to USA several years before to attend college.  He went to apply for visitor visa and they told him get married, he told them he doesnt love anyone to marry...lol    I have no other names to call him but stupid, desperate and depressed, went back and lied telling him he was married.   He told me of this and I was concerned and he felt it was not a concern.  I am ignorant as well for not researching. 

Therefore our NOID stated that he previously reported he was married so therefore, until proved otherwise, our married in Palestine was not recognized in the US and would be denied, giving us 30 days.   NO PROBLEM, we have all the court documents and everything requested, so now we will be approved for the I130.  However, when he goes to the embassy for the interview he will be denied for his lie in an attempt to come to the USA.  (he never got approved anyways, never been to the USA).

We will have to file a Waiver and a Hardship something...it is all overwhelming.  A lie is lie but we have hope that since it is over 10 years, he has never entered the USA and the fact that I cannot live where he lives, we pray God and the United States allows a pardon.

This process will take most likely 2 years!   

10 hours ago, SlimLisa said:

Happy Friday Everyone!   Well many of you have heard me vent and stress many months.  I finally got my update.  It is not pretty.  A poor choice can cause a hard lesson.

I finally received my notice from USCIS, it was a NOID.   It stated my husband had previously reported he was married to another woman, therefore our marriage was not recognized. 

My husband over 15 years ago when he was just 22 missed his brother who had came to USA several years before to attend college.  He went to apply for visitor visa and they told him get married, he told them he doesnt love anyone to marry...lol    I have no other names to call him but stupid, desperate and depressed, went back and lied telling him he was married.   He told me of this and I was concerned and he felt it was not a concern.  I am ignorant as well for not researching. 

Therefore our NOID stated that he previously reported he was married so therefore, until proved otherwise, our married in Palestine was not recognized in the US and would be denied, giving us 30 days.   NO PROBLEM, we have all the court documents and everything requested, so now we will be approved for the I130.  However, when he goes to the embassy for the interview he will be denied for his lie in an attempt to come to the USA.  (he never got approved anyways, never been to the USA).

We will have to file a Waiver and a Hardship something...it is all overwhelming.  A lie is lie but we have hope that since it is over 10 years, he has never entered the USA and the fact that I cannot live where he lives, we pray God and the United States allows a pardon.

Wow so he lied to the US embassy years ago about being married which he was denied then anyway and ofcourse they kept record being from his country he is from I can see how they would keep records and run right back years at his attempts to get a visitor visa. 

Good news is it was definitely an rfe of some sort allowing you to prove the marriage and I sure hope it does get pardoned. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, SlimLisa said:

It would probably do you both good to see each other especially with all of these stressful updates. Can you meet in a neutral place? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 3/18/2019 at 10:19 PM, LilyJohansen said:

Then who is saying you are required to go? They’re saying you have to go to your husbands interview or that you need to have your own?

They are saying I have to have one on my own here at my local office but I don't know how long until they schedule it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.