TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

https://apple.news/AcpMnu8thSy-mf-Mv-dbwew

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3209623002

although it doesn’t state categorically that NVC is slowed-

if you apply common sense, and look at the immense areas affected you’d see

also a health forum with Nebraska resident stating they have lost houses/can’t get home is good enough for me. 

Also my aim was not to spread “panic” more to spread understanding as to why there could be delays 🙄🙄 

Again you have no evidence that the area where the USCIS is located has any flooding or where each employee lives.

So all you're doing is causing questions and panic. 

So those speculations is harmful to everyone. 

So the one that lacks common sense is you to understand the consequences of your speculations without hard evidence.  

Nebraska is big. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Just now, Rosie88 said:

In the USCIS page all offices are open 

Goodness me! 🤦‍♀️ Did I suggest they were closed

i suggested that some employees *may* not be able to get to work 

everyone is always asking why Nebraska is so slow with no legitimate reasons.

i have provided a legitimate reason for consideration

i didn’t state the Office was closed 

I simply tried to encourage a little understanding knowing what I knew and sharing the information. 

Legitimate reason being - short staffed 

Just now, Kimi31 said:

I simply tried to encourage a little understanding knowing what I knew and sharing the information. 

I hope an admin comes and clears up your posts. Spreading claims without real facts. 

Fact is you're spreading rumors. Speculations. And causing people to question and panic. 

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

16 minutes ago, Rosie88 said:

In the USCIS page all offices are open 

im not sure how many “factual” sources I have to post

lincoln Nebraska is under flood warning

people are more happy to moan about Ne taking so long and when given a legitimate reason from this week with sources, 

My intention again is not to provide panic and to give a real reason for “possible” delays instead of “I don’t know”

or “wish they’d hurry up”

man nothing like mob mentality 

36F83072-70C9-4965-B820-BC9D484ED07A.png

Just now, Kimi31 said:

im not sure how many “factual” sources I have to post

lincoln Nebraska is under flood warning

people are more happy to moan about Ne taking so long and when given a legitimate reason from this week with sources, 

My intention again is not to provide panic and to give a real reason for “possible” delays instead of “I don’t know”

or “wish they’d hurry up”

man nothing like mob mentality 

36F83072-70C9-4965-B820-BC9D484ED07A.png

Man you keep digging yourself in a hole. 

Florida gets hurricane warnings all the time during storm encounters. Guess what blue skies most of the time. 

You're not there. You haven't posted any specific item about the service center. You haven't posted any information about how employees are impacted. 

What we do know is that the uscis is open and it's still processing petitions as evidence on the processing time page. 

All you have done is provided is speculations about a large area sure there's flooding but because a spot is flooded doesn't mean the entire county or state is flooded. 

All your posts have been speculations. No real proof other than vague posts and news reports. 

Again do you see that without us questioning you there would be panic and questions and the run away speculations that you incite. 

You don't know anything about what's happening on the ground in Lincoln Nebraska. 

That's the fact. Nothing legit about speculations or air quotes. Or anything you said except that there's flooding somewhere in Nebraska and people lost there homes. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The bickering stops now, or administrative action will follow.

Drop all discussion of rumored or actual flooding at the Service Center.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 minute ago, TBoneTX said:

The bickering stops now, or administrative action will follow.

Drop all discussion of rumored or actual flooding at the Service Center.

VJ Moderation

No problem 👍

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

So I've been thinking that it might be a good idea to start getting together everything that NVC will need after the NOA2 approval. I know that probably won't happen until September (December NOA1), but i know things move a lot faster at that point and I don't want to slow it down by procrastinating. Any suggestions on what we will need and that I can get together to be ready?

-M

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, R+M Jordan said:

So I've been thinking that it might be a good idea to start getting together everything that NVC will need after the NOA2 approval. I know that probably won't happen until September (December NOA1), but i know things move a lot faster at that point and I don't want to slow it down by procrastinating. Any suggestions on what we will need and that I can get together to be ready?

-M

You can fill out the I-864 form with all of the financial info. Scan your tax transcripts/W-2/Tax returns..whatever is applicable for your particular case. I use an online service and pay a small fee as I find this is the best way to not miss anything or make any mistakes. Its worth the peace of mind! its kinda like Turbo Tax but for immigration forms www.citizenpath.com :) I will also have my husband do his Police Certificate since they are good for one year with the Regional Passport office in India. Just do tons of reading about the process to familiarize yourself. You will learn something new every time you read it!  My PD is September 18th, 2018 Nebraska :(  waiting for this SC to start moving is torture!!! 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline
9 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

You can fill out the I-864 form with all of the financial info. Scan your tax transcripts/W-2/Tax returns..whatever is applicable for your particular case. I use an online service and pay a small fee as I find this is the best way to not miss anything or make any mistakes. Its worth the peace of mind! its kinda like Turbo Tax but for immigration forms www.citizenpath.com :) I will also have my husband do his Police Certificate since they are good for one year with the Regional Passport office in India. Just do tons of reading about the process to familiarize yourself. You will learn something new every time you read it!  My PD is September 18th, 2018 Nebraska :(  waiting for this SC to start moving is torture!!! 

That's sounds like a great place to start. I forgot about the police certificate, because the one i got while in Jordan was in August 2018 so I'll definitely need a new one. Do we need the original also? I'm hoping we don't have any issues with our marriage certificate though, because my mother-in-law realized they put my date of birth wrong on it. I'm so glad she noticed it though!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
33 minutes ago, R+M Jordan said:

That's sounds like a great place to start. I forgot about the police certificate, because the one i got while in Jordan was in August 2018 so I'll definitely need a new one. Do we need the original also? I'm hoping we don't have any issues with our marriage certificate though, because my mother-in-law realized they put my date of birth wrong on it. I'm so glad she noticed it though!!

You will need the original PC for the final interview. Is it possible to get the DOB changed on the marriage certificate? how long would it take? If you have time then I would look into it..no harm in doing now versus later if you do encounter issues. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline
5 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

You will need the original PC for the final interview. Is it possible to get the DOB changed on the marriage certificate? how long would it take? If you have time then I would look into it..no harm in doing now versus later if you do encounter issues. 

Yeah my husband is working on it just in case. I also found out that Jordan doesn't do police certificates, so now i need to find the Certificate of Non-Conviction he gave me to see if it expires.

Does anyone know if the Police Certificate has to be translated into English or does that stay the same in the current language?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr. Bama said:

Does anyone know if the Police Certificate has to be translated into English or does that stay the same in the current language?

I believe as long as it is in the official language of the country in which the interview takes place, it does not need to be translated. However you can get a translation if you want the extra assurance 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.