TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Lww said:

hello, what kind of movement ? you exactly received a movement notice?

It says: "Your case was las updated on 8th of FEb.".

1 minute ago, Kimi31 said:

Guys just so you know apparently Nebraska is in a state of emergency or similar due to immense flooding. 

This mah slow things further 

Hopefully we'll get transferred to another Service Center with a smaller workload?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, MayzieMcgrew said:

I saw that our case had a "movement" on the 8th of February, but haven't gotten any news about that movement.  We filed in September 2018.  Any idea what it could be?

It usually just means that your case was moved from one pile to another. I’m an August filer and it says that mine was updated 2/17/19, but haven’t heard anything. I googled the last updated meanings and the consensus is that it’s not anything big, just small internal movements. The wait continues. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jessica and Ne said:

It usually just means that your case was moved from one pile to another. I’m an August filer and it says that mine was updated 2/17/19, but haven’t heard anything. I googled the last updated meanings and the consensus is that it’s not anything big, just small internal movements. The wait continues. 

Yeah I’m September 2018 too..also shows it was touched (updated) Feb 8th. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

So we kinda got an update about our case. I had to get congressman involved. The local office stated that we are awaiting interview date and will be mailed once scheduled. They are currently processing end of 2017! I don't understand, my husband is not in the country so why do I have to go for the interview? Is anyone else having to go to a petitioner interview? We already know he will be denied bc he was deported and our attorney states we have to file I-212 but after his interview. Why do I need one?

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
23 hours ago, Kimi31 said:

Guys just so you know apparently Nebraska is in a state of emergency or similar due to immense flooding. 

Omg r u serious?!?!🤦‍♀️

2 hours ago, AfricanQ said:

Omg r u serious?!?!🤦‍♀️

They are not affected. So far the processing date has moved each workday. It's up to 6/6/2018 now 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
5 hours ago, Lisa83TX93 said:

So we kinda got an update about our case. I had to get congressman involved. The local office stated that we are awaiting interview date and will be mailed once scheduled. They are currently processing end of 2017! I don't understand, my husband is not in the country so why do I have to go for the interview? Is anyone else having to go to a petitioner interview? We already know he will be denied bc he was deported and our attorney states we have to file I-212 but after his interview. Why do I need one?

Usually, petitioners aren’t required to go to the beneficiary interview (but sometimes they can if they want to). The embassy told you directly that you have to go?

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
36 minutes ago, LilyJohansen said:

Usually, petitioners aren’t required to go to the beneficiary interview (but sometimes they can if they want to). The embassy told you directly that you have to go?

I wish but we are not in embassy stage yet. We are still in NOA1 and transferred to local office back in October. My husband is not here so I am confused why they need to schedule an interview with me? This has pushed us back up to another 6 months waiting on an interview date for me the USC. So heartbroken 💔😢

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Lisa83TX93 said:

I wish but we are not in embassy stage yet. We are still in NOA1 and transferred to local office back in October. My husband is not here so I am confused why they need to schedule an interview with me? This has pushed us back up to another 6 months waiting on an interview date for me the USC. So heartbroken 💔😢

Then who is saying you are required to go? They’re saying you have to go to your husbands interview or that you need to have your own?

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

10 hours ago, Lisa83TX93 said:

You need to be open minded to the situation. Your husband was deported and you are trying to regain his access back after what happened in the past. Giving him aloneand interview does not mean the end all. Now they have to see if you are doing this from the good of the heart or for him to try and get back into a country in which he was deported from.

Now if I worked for the USCIS that would be my thought as to why a YOU would need an interview. It may even strengthen their decision. Think of it as them giving you the chance to not be denied. 

On 3/18/2019 at 12:37 AM, Kimi31 said:

Did you see/hear anything about this? I did not read anywhere that the flood is influencing the progress.

Curious about your resources ! :)

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

8 minutes ago, Rosie91 said:

Did you see/hear anything about this? I did not read anywhere that the flood is influencing the progress.

Curious about your resources ! :)

My source is a health forum I’m on with Nebraska residents who posted they are flooded. I didn’t say it would hinder progress but if people can’t get to work then logically there may be delays 

16 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

My source is a health forum I’m on with Nebraska residents who posted they are flooded. I didn’t say it would hinder progress but if people can’t get to work then logically there may be delays 

You know what's bad. Spreading rumors. 

A health forum isn't evidence that anyone cant get to work. So the logic falls apart. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

6 minutes ago, JMPM said:

You know what's bad. Spreading rumors. 

A health forum isn't evidence that anyone cant get to work. So the logic falls apart. 

I kind of agree, some people will take this information serious, don't cause panic about stuff if there is nothing to panic about.
Let's just focus on the facts and no speculations.🤭

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

11 minutes ago, Rosie91 said:

I kind of agree, some people will take this information serious, don't cause panic about stuff if there is nothing to panic about.
Let's just focus on the facts and no speculations.🤭

https://apple.news/AcpMnu8thSy-mf-Mv-dbwew

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3209623002

although it doesn’t state categorically that NVC is slowed-

if you apply common sense, and look at the immense areas affected you’d see

also a health forum with Nebraska resident stating they have lost houses/can’t get home is good enough for me. 

Also my aim was not to spread “panic” more to spread understanding as to why there could be delays 🙄🙄 

Edited by Kimi31
Missed out info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.