TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sarah G said:

Checked my case today. Our NOA1 was 01.14, I updated the petitioner's address on 01.25 and could see that in the case history. It still showed as last update 01.14 UNTIL today! I just checked and now it says updated 02.23. 

Do we think this is an address update? 

Definitely an address update, way too soon to be anything else

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

So I have been reading and reaching out.   I had 3 attorneys contact me and said my application I130 for my husband is caught up in the Muslim "Extreme Vetting" Process.  Wherein all Muslims are subject to delays, denials or very long processing times.    I am heart broken.   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 2/26/2019 at 12:43 PM, SlimLisa said:

So I have been reading and reaching out.   I had 3 attorneys contact me and said my application I130 for my husband is caught up in the Muslim "Extreme Vetting" Process.  Wherein all Muslims are subject to delays, denials or very long processing times.    I am heart broken.   

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this!! I'm trying not to think of the fact that my husband might get stuck in that trap also....that's why he decided not to cross the border to get some more work opportunities. We don't need to add anything else that might cause problems. The many people that marry for green cards cause so many additional problems for those that are doing it for the right reasons on top of the additional country or religion slow downs that happen. I pray things get easier for you and you hear good news soon!! HUGS!!

16 hours ago, R+M Jordan said:

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this!! I'm trying not to think of the fact that my husband might get stuck in that trap also....that's why he decided not to cross the border to get some more work opportunities. We don't need to add anything else that might cause problems. The many people that marry for green cards cause so many additional problems for those that are doing it for the right reasons on top of the additional country or religion slow downs that happen. I pray things get easier for you and you hear good news soon!! HUGS!!

Yes, it is a sad situation.  My husband wanted to get permission to go to Israel to work and we decided just stay put.   My mind is in confusion.  I understand and respect that perhaps the USA must make sure they protect America.   However,  when I see so many countries have their reviews so quickly and wonder just because someone is of the Muslim faith what would cause a review to take an additional 6 months or more than the other countries.  As I have been told and read the supporting articles it is more an act of discrimination.  Looking for anything to deny, to delay, to discourage.  After reading our paperwork closer it states allow 60 days before inquiring again.  So who knows how long this first process will take.  My attorney has another case for Palestine and he states after the long wait to get approved for the first step, his client has now been waiting 10 months and still no call from the National Visa Center to go for his interview in Jerusalem.  My attorney has never projected this would take place.  I had to find out from other attorneys.  Other attorneys state for most Muslims it takes up to 3 years, if they do not deny you.   My father in law was approved after 12 months but has been waiting 18 months and has not been called for the green card process.  These are no terrorist.  They are good human beings, simple village people with no criminal history.

I will make sure to include you in my prayers.   Please stay in touch!    HUGS RIGHT BACK!

Happy Monday everyone!  May those who have been waiting get good news this week!  Today, marks our 416 days, short of 14 months and my prayers going strong! 

8 minutes ago, SlimLisa said:

Happy Monday everyone!  May those who have been waiting get good news this week!  Today, marks our 416 days, short of 14 months and my prayers going strong! 

Oh my is that for NOA2? 

Can i ask your PD/NOA1 and country 

😭😭😭

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
9 minutes ago, SlimLisa said:

416 days for your NOA2??? You are WAY past processing time, you need to call them! It should not be taking that long, you are 4 months past the allotted processing time, contact USCIS, your wait should not have been more than 10 months.

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

4 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

Oh my is that for NOA2? 

Can i ask your PD/NOA1 and country 

😭😭😭

I 130  - CR1 I am a US citizen.      Received and P D date  01/12/2018.  My husband is in Palestine.    We are in the dark.  We have filed 2 inquiries now and our last inquiry  said again allow 60 days for review again.....30 DAYS have passed...anxiously waiting the next 30.  

1 minute ago, SlimLisa said:

I 130  - CR1 I am a US citizen.      Received and P D date  01/12/2018.  My husband is in Palestine.    We are in the dark.  We have filed 2 inquiries now and our last inquiry  said again allow 60 days for review again.....30 DAYS have passed...anxiously waiting the next 30.  

Oh Wow, can you get a congressman or equivalent involved? (Not sure who as in the UK I’d as my local MP) 

thats awful

I’m stressing at potentially 9+ mths wait for NOA2

14 months is heartbreaking x

I have an attorney.   Once we passed the 9.5 processing time which was listed at that time.  He states he would not file until it was 1 year post P D date.   I filed myself.  USCIS replied that additional reviews needed to be done please allow 60 days.      Then when 01/12/2019 1 year came around the attorney then did file his inquiry.  The responded we are in line to review "please keep in mind case are reviewed in the order received"  which definitely is so not true as I watched all the January 2018 applicants get approved through both processed and land in the USA. 

My attorney is also from Palestine himself.  He does not act alarmed or concerned.  At first he as well told me 12 to 15 months my husband would be here.  I ran out and got apartment and furniture putting myself in debt.    Then he said well it looks like 18 months now.     Now he says nothing....he justed states he has a client waiting 10 months now for his interview.

However I recently was told that because my husband is MUSLIM "but not a radical, just a simple country guy..."  They are placed in a special place were they are picked apart to deny, delay or discourage us to give up because of the processing times.    Basically, some call it Discriminating.    However, my attorney does not appear concerned or speak of the congressman.

I will allow these next 30 days to hear back from USCIS and then I am going to really start pushing things. 

My Attorney just told me to go ahead and contact our Representative.   I am so nervous.  Do I just state the facts?  Should I explain my/our emotions.    Oh My, will start this tonight!   Please pray for us....! 

20 minutes ago, SlimLisa said:

My Attorney just told me to go ahead and contact our Representative.   I am so nervous.  Do I just state the facts?  Should I explain my/our emotions.    Oh My, will start this tonight!   Please pray for us....! 

I’d start with the facts/timeline and request assistance 

35 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

I’d start with the facts/timeline and request assistance 

I have been reading and one of the topics is to send also a release form allowing them to obtain private information from USCIS.   I will get this all done tonight.  I am at work and have to research this release more....is it a form on the site or just free hand and get it certificated  ... 2 months ago when I saw that we were left behind I started becoming very depressed and anxious.   I became unable to eat and stomach pain.  I have lost 24 pounds in 2 months.  I surely will be skin and bones if this continues. 

8 minutes ago, SlimLisa said:

I have been reading and one of the topics is to send also a release form allowing them to obtain private information from USCIS.   I will get this all done tonight.  I am at work and have to research this release more....is it a form on the site or just free hand and get it certificated  ... 2 months ago when I saw that we were left behind I started becoming very depressed and anxious.   I became unable to eat and stomach pain.  I have lost 24 pounds in 2 months.  I surely will be skin and bones if this continues. 

Have a look at form G-639

it says it’s not for updates but then says it’s for permission for other parties to request information pertaining to you

its a starting point 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.