TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
54 minutes ago, LC2010 said:

More bad (but at least interesting?) news:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/uscis-immigration-applications-backlog-ice

“The email to staffers, sent Wednesday by USCIS deputy Mark Koumans and obtained by BuzzFeed News, asked employees to volunteer for administrative work in ICE field offices across the country, including processing files that are part of a program forcing immigrants seeking asylum to remain in Mexico as their cases are adjudicated, and supporting public document requests.

‘Current conditions are placing extreme stress on our colleagues at Immigration and Customs Enforcement ... USCIS has agreed to seek USCIS volunteers to provide ICE with support,’ Koumans said in his message. ‘I appreciate your willingness to consider helping our colleagues fulfill the DHS mission.’” 

Guess I was naive... All along I have refused to believe that the Trump administration’s policies had anything to do with our delays - not because I like Trump (I do not), but just because USCIS is supposed to akin to TSA or the U.S. Postal Service. USCIS’s mission is to help *American citizens* with an important, non-controversial, non-partisan part of our lives! The civil servants who work for the agency should not be dragged into other arenas to fight politically-charged battles that have nothing to do with their core purpose.

Sorry y’all. I know I’m preaching to the choir, but I am getting cranky! 

It doesn't surprise me.  I saw earlier that there was a budget request to move money paid by application fees (like those paid by people like us waiting to bring our spouses ) to further fund ICE and their ilk.  Outright digusting.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jacob_Malik said:

It doesn't surprise me.  I saw earlier that there was a budget request to move money paid by application fees (like those paid by people like us waiting to bring our spouses ) to further fund ICE and their ilk.  Outright digusting.  

It’s infuriating..

we paid a fee for a certain service and in fact established a tacit contract with this "company".  do not they have a contractual obligation to respect it?  and if that is not the case, and the money that we have earned and invested in this contract to allow us to immigrate legally to start a new life with our beloved, is invested elsewhere without our agreement.  do We have not the right to oppose it and to ask for legal accounts?  At some point it is time to start respecting the human being and stop believing that our money is a gift and we have no rights . we are waiting for some since 1 year soon for our NOA2 if the money is transferred what will happen to us.

its not fair .. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

1 hour ago, LC2010 said:

Sorry y’all. I know I’m preaching to the choir, but I am getting cranky!  

Everyone gets cranky in this process... Fully understandable.. feel free to preach 😁

After i130 moves on with, we feel better. Nvc I have more faith in

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

Everyone gets cranky in this process... Fully understandable.. feel free to preach 😁

After i130 moves on with, we feel better. Nvc I have more faith in

It does have to get to NVC first though. We were approved 1 month ago and still nothing more. Not even updated online.

Timeline
16 hours ago, jademcculloch said:

I really hope so, we have a very close PD (mine is august 27th), nobody deserves to wait this long =(

Yes it is really an inhumane process. Long distance relationships are tough and India is the other side of the world. I'm exhausted and just want my husband here..it will be five long years when he arrives. Love knows no boundaries and I don't have any regrets. I am however, truly disappointed with this country's Legal Immigration system and this administration that has made it worse not better. There is no thought from the administration that we are humans..we are just a number. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

I wish for you you will be there for your birthday ! 

here in France it’s seems that the waiting time for an interview in US Embassy in Paris is of 3 months once they contact you so  I am not that sure for me 🤨

just an idea , it will be cool to reunite all VJ members from NSC who finally get to states to celebrate the arrival in Us ahah 

In Brazil it's about a month wait, that's the only reason I am still hopeful. This is a nice idea indeed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

I wish for you you will be there for your birthday ! 

here in France it’s seems that the waiting time for an interview in US Embassy in Paris is of 3 months once they contact you so  I am not that sure for me 🤨

just an idea , it will be cool to reunite all VJ members from NSC who finally get to states to celebrate the arrival in Us ahah 

A VJ member I am in contact with just got her appointement in Paris for less than a month after she received the letter from th embassy. I do know there is a long wait for K1 visas but I think there are less CR1 applications and/or they give priority to those over K1. I had to wait 5 weeks for my work visa appointment.

For our story, look at my profile.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

It does have to get to NVC first though. We were approved 1 month ago and still nothing more. Not even updated online.

Yeah.. true.  I see on jul 22nd, they are working on getting a case number to those who got sent on June 25th .. hmm confusing

But uscis is nothing but trouble.. that i130 wait

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
31 minutes ago, JulienR said:

A VJ member I am in contact with just got her appointement in Paris for less than a month after she received the letter from th embassy. 

🙏

Timeline
1 hour ago, GAMAJM said:

Yes it is really an inhumane process. Long distance relationships are tough and India is the other side of the world. I'm exhausted and just want my husband here..it will be five long years when he arrives. Love knows no boundaries and I don't have any regrets. I am however, truly disappointed with this country's Legal Immigration system and this administration that has made it worse not better. There is no thought from the administration that we are humans..we are just a number. 

I agree 💯

Utterly ridiculous their legal system.

Timeline

Hello, 

I just got my letter for the RFE and they are asking for an "certification that the translation is complete and accurate" of our mariage certificate (we got married in France). I translated the documents myself but did not sign at the bottom of the page or submit a signed letter saying I was capable of translation. Do I need to get a certified translator to certify it? Or can I just write a certification myself saying I am capable of translating? Different websites seem to say different things. Thanks!  

4 minutes ago, Claire HD said:

Hello, 

I just got my letter for the RFE and they are asking for an "certification that the translation is complete and accurate" of our mariage certificate (we got married in France). I translated the documents myself but did not sign at the bottom of the page or submit a signed letter saying I was capable of translation. Do I need to get a certified translator to certify it? Or can I just write a certification myself saying I am capable of translating? Different websites seem to say different things. Thanks!  

I am not sure of the official answer, but I do know we had an official translate it because we were also told (I believe by the Argentine government) that it needed an Apostille stamp, so our translator was able to translate the documents and get the stamp. Of course, I haven't heard anything for NSC so that could be wrong. I translated messages and the affidavits of our family members myself. But I would say the safest route is to get it professionally done by a third party.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JulienR said:

A VJ member I am in contact with just got her appointement in Paris for less than a month after she received the letter from th embassy. I do know there is a long wait for K1 visas but I think there are less CR1 applications and/or they give priority to those over K1. I had to wait 5 weeks for my work visa appointment.

hi @JulienR 

Oh ok , thank you that’s good to know 😊

because , few weeks ago I saw on expat.com that right now ( at the time I read it ) people that the embassy had contact in June had to wait to 18 September for their interview . But maybe it’s because there is the summer holidays in the middle ? We know that our administration is a little bit more slow at that time of the year . Thank you 

how long did it take for you for them to contact you to schedule your appointment? 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, literallyrachel said:

I am not sure of the official answer, but I do know we had an official translate it because we were also told (I believe by the Argentine government) that it needed an Apostille stamp, so our translator was able to translate the documents and get the stamp. Of course, I haven't heard anything for NSC so that could be wrong. I translated messages and the affidavits of our family members myself. But I would say the safest route is to get it professionally done by a third party.

Hi , 

i am from France too . 

If i am right you have to have your paperwork’s as the wedding certificate , birth certificate etc 

it needs to be certified by an official company who is allowed to do it and you need the apostille at the bottom of the pages . 

There is an extra cost and it’s a little bit expensive but no choice..

We did I with alphatrad . They take about 10 days to do it . 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Claire HD said:

Hello, 

Hi ,

i am from France too . 

If i am right you have to have your paperwork’s as the wedding certificate , birth certificate translated by a translator .

it needs to be certified by an official company who is allowed to do it and you need the apostille at the bottom of the pages . 

There is an extra cost and it’s a little bit expensive but no choice..

We did I with alphatrad . They take about 10 days to do it. 

Have a good day 😊

•  
Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.