TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
16 minutes ago, madhuri27 said:

Yup neither am I able to send a outside normal request  nor am I able  to connect to a tier 2 officer. 

Anyway let's keep the hope and patience our turn  too will come soon

Yes  we are close now i think ☘️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Yes  we are close now i think ☘️

I really hope so, we have a very close PD (mine is august 27th), nobody deserves to wait this long =(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
20 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

I see a couple RFE sent this week for August 9th 

There have also been 4 August 9th approvals today (there may be more, but our internet's been super slow today, so I've only run two sets of numbers (2x500)).

"One day, the plane ticket will be one way."

• Nebraska Service Center
  • Consulate: Frankfurt, Germany
  • Wedding: 07/13/2018
  • I-130 NOA1: 09/14/2018
  • I-130 approval date according to online update: 09/05/2019
  • I-130 NOA2 received in the mail: 09/09/2019
  • I-130 approval as per NOA2: 09/04/2019
  • Sent to DOS: 09/13/2019
  • NVC Case Number received: 10/15/2019
  • Documents Submitted to NVC: 12/25/2019
  • DQ: 02/26/2020
  • IL: 03/11/2020
  • Medical: 03/19/2020
  • ID: 04/07/2020 <- cancelled by Corona
  • ID: 05/27/2020 —> approved 

6 minutes ago, aka_taz said:

Hey VJ Members,

USCIS has finally approved my wife's case today (PD : 08/01/2018) . I got an email notification that an action has been taken on the case and when I logged into my USCIS account, I saw an approval. myUSCIS (DHS) website hasn't been updated yet. I had tried to expedite my case twice in last 4 months and got denied both of the times but finally the wait is over now.

I made this account today to update my timeline so VJ can have better estimates. This forum has actually helped me a lot in past few months. I used to check this thread multiple times a day and it gave me a lot of hope during my hard times. I know I still have to wait few more months for my wife to come here. Thanks a lot everyone. 

Congrats 😍

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good day everyone, this is my first post.

We applied for my spouse and it was received on November 6, 2018, with Nebraska as the processing location.

She's been denied the tourist visa 4 times in the past, so the only option for us to go to the US was through the immigration visa. 

Note: We are applying from abroad in Colombia.

Realistically, based on the processing time, would we be able to be in the US for Christmas?

I am assuming that our NOA2 status would come in ~2-3 months from now.

I have the Agent info, Processing Fees, & I-864 ready once we get wind of the next step.

How long does the NVC usually take to move the file along to the local embassy (Bogota)?

Assuming all goes well on the first try, and then it goes to Bogota, it seems like the process for the medical exam and interview seem to be within ~1 month once it's received.

Any information would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to coordinate with my son in Florida, and family throughout the US & Germany to see if we can come back to the US for the holidays, or if we have to make other plans. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CR1/IR1 - USC Spousal Visa

Marraige:

• May 10 2018: In Medellin, Colombia

USCIS Stage:

• Nov 1 2018: Sent I-130 package
  • Nov 6 2018: I-130 NOA1
    • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center
  • Aug 14 2019: I-129f NOA1
  • Sep 17 2019: I-129f NOA2 (Denied - Received email with denial)
  • Sep 17 2019: I-130 NOA2 (Approved - Called to verify)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 30 2019: Sent to Department of State (Received email verification)
  • Oct 4 2019: NVC received
  • Oct 31 2019: Case Number received
  • Oct 31 2019: IV Fee Paid (Currently 'In Process')
  • Nov 1 2019: IV Fee charge on my bank account
  • Nov 1 2019: AOS Fee Paid (Currently 'In Process')
  • Nov 4 2019: AOS Fee charge on my bank account
  • Nov 7 2019: DS-260 & AOS Section - Accessible
  • Nov 8 2019: DS-260 & AOS Section - Submitted
  • Nov 8 2019: NVC Expedite - Requested
  • Nov 14 2019: NVC Expedite - Under Review
  • Nov 22 2019: NVC Expedite - Approved
  • Nov 22 2019: NVC Expedite - Sent to U.S. Embassy in Bogota

Timeline
39 minutes ago, aka_taz said:

Hey VJ Members,

USCIS has finally approved my wife's case today (PD : 08/01/2018) . I got an email notification that an action has been taken on the case and when I logged into my USCIS account, I saw an approval. myUSCIS (DHS) website hasn't been updated yet. I had tried to expedite my case twice in last 4 months and got denied both of the times but finally the wait is over now.

I made this account today to update my timeline so VJ can have better estimates. This forum has actually helped me a lot in past few months. I used to check this thread multiple times a day and it gave me a lot of hope during my hard times. I know I still have to wait few more months for my wife to come here. Thanks a lot everyone. 

Congrats, I am really happy for you, and your approval also gives us hope, thanks for telling us

Timeline
Just now, Conrad&Laura said:

Good day everyone, this is my first post.

We applied for my spouse and it was received on November 6, 2018, with Nebraska as the processing location.

She's been denied the tourist visa 4 times in the past, so the only option for us to go to the US was through the immigration visa. 

Note: We are applying from abroad in Colombia.

Realistically, based on the processing time, would we be able to be in the US for Christmas?

I am assuming that our NOA2 status would come in ~2-3 months from now.

I have the Agent info, Processing Fees, & I-864 ready once we get wind of the next step.

How long does the NVC usually take to move the file along to the local embassy (Bogota)?

Assuming all goes well on the first try, and then it goes to Bogota, it seems like the process for the medical exam and interview seem to be within ~1 month once it's received.

Any information would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to coordinate with my son in Florida, and family throughout the US & Germany to see if we can come back to the US for the holidays, or if we have to make other plans. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello, the current processing time for nebraska is 11-14.5, and the NVC stage usually lasts between 2-4 months, but nebraska is taking currently 11-13 months, regarding the colombia embassy, i guess the country specific help would be useful for you. You could try to expedite your process if you have grounds for it, or file a I-129F form, some people have said that this helps pushing your case along, the goal is to get the I-129F denied and a few days/weeks later, your I-130 gets approved, but do some careful research on that, I haven't done it myself, so I can't tell, and every case is different, but I wish you good luck, and unfortunately, unless something drastically changes in the nebraska office, your wife will probably not be home for christmas, wish you all the best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jademcculloch said:

Hello, the current processing time for nebraska is 11-14.5, and the NVC stage usually lasts between 2-4 months, but nebraska is taking currently 11-13 months, regarding the colombia embassy, i guess the country specific help would be useful for you. You could try to expedite your process if you have grounds for it, or file a I-129F form, some people have said that this helps pushing your case along, the goal is to get the I-129F denied and a few days/weeks later, your I-130 gets approved, but do some careful research on that, I haven't done it myself, so I can't tell, and every case is different, but I wish you good luck, and unfortunately, unless something drastically changes in the nebraska office, your wife will probably not be home for christmas, wish you all the best

Thank you for the reply. It's a bummer that the processing time in Nebraska is delayed. I'll look into the country specific help to see if there's any info there. With regards to the I-129F, I'll see if this is useful or not due to the timeline, but it doesn't look promising from what I've looked at thus far.

CR1/IR1 - USC Spousal Visa

Marraige:

• May 10 2018: In Medellin, Colombia

USCIS Stage:

• Nov 1 2018: Sent I-130 package
  • Nov 6 2018: I-130 NOA1
    • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center
  • Aug 14 2019: I-129f NOA1
  • Sep 17 2019: I-129f NOA2 (Denied - Received email with denial)
  • Sep 17 2019: I-130 NOA2 (Approved - Called to verify)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 30 2019: Sent to Department of State (Received email verification)
  • Oct 4 2019: NVC received
  • Oct 31 2019: Case Number received
  • Oct 31 2019: IV Fee Paid (Currently 'In Process')
  • Nov 1 2019: IV Fee charge on my bank account
  • Nov 1 2019: AOS Fee Paid (Currently 'In Process')
  • Nov 4 2019: AOS Fee charge on my bank account
  • Nov 7 2019: DS-260 & AOS Section - Accessible
  • Nov 8 2019: DS-260 & AOS Section - Submitted
  • Nov 8 2019: NVC Expedite - Requested
  • Nov 14 2019: NVC Expedite - Under Review
  • Nov 22 2019: NVC Expedite - Approved
  • Nov 22 2019: NVC Expedite - Sent to U.S. Embassy in Bogota

Timeline
6 hours ago, jademcculloch said:

I really hope so, we have a very close PD (mine is august 27th), nobody deserves to wait this long =(

I agree nobody deserve to wait so long 😓

what is sad it’s that we will not celebrate Christmas there . I know it’s still Far but it’s difficult to think about it 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

I agree nobody deserve to wait so long 😓

what is sad it’s that we will not celebrate Christmas there . I know it’s still Far but it’s difficult to think about it 

I feel exactly the same way, I still hold some hope that I will be there for christmas, but I know it's a remote possibility, I am aiming for my birthday though (january 20th)

Timeline
58 minutes ago, jademcculloch said:

I feel exactly the same way, I still hold some hope that I will be there for christmas, but I know it's a remote possibility, I am aiming for my birthday though (january 20th)

I wish for you you will be there for your birthday ! 

here in France it’s seems that the waiting time for an interview in US Embassy in Paris is of 3 months once they contact you so  I am not that sure for me 🤨

just an idea , it will be cool to reunite all VJ members from NSC who finally get to states to celebrate the arrival in Us ahah 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

I wish for you you will be there for your birthday ! 

here in France it’s seems that the waiting time for an interview in US Embassy in Paris is of 3 months once they contact you so  I am not that sure for me 🤨

just an idea , it will be cool to reunite all VJ members from NSC who finally get to states to celebrate the arrival in Us ahah 

I think me also.. for Mumbai it takes time.im also not sure. I've been kinda reading here and there. Still waiting until nvc

Yes I agree!! All VJ members should do 🤪 hehe.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

More bad (but at least interesting?) news:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/uscis-immigration-applications-backlog-ice

“The email to staffers, sent Wednesday by USCIS deputy Mark Koumans and obtained by BuzzFeed News, asked employees to volunteer for administrative work in ICE field offices across the country, including processing files that are part of a program forcing immigrants seeking asylum to remain in Mexico as their cases are adjudicated, and supporting public document requests.

‘Current conditions are placing extreme stress on our colleagues at Immigration and Customs Enforcement ... USCIS has agreed to seek USCIS volunteers to provide ICE with support,’ Koumans said in his message. ‘I appreciate your willingness to consider helping our colleagues fulfill the DHS mission.’” 

Guess I was naive... All along I have refused to believe that the Trump administration’s policies had anything to do with our delays - not because I like Trump (I do not), but just because USCIS is supposed to akin to TSA or the U.S. Postal Service. USCIS’s mission is to help *American citizens* with an important, non-controversial, non-partisan part of our lives! The civil servants who work for the agency should not be dragged into other arenas to fight politically-charged battles that have nothing to do with their core purpose.

Sorry y’all. I know I’m preaching to the choir, but I am getting cranky! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

here in France it’s seems that the waiting time for an interview in US Embassy in Paris is of 3 months once they contact you 

Is this information accurate? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.