TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, vegas160 said:

I applied for the K3 yesterday. Just mailed it out. At this stage it’s a no brainer. I got my fingers crossed 🤞

And the fact it's taking exactly one month from receipt of K3 is pretty amazing. @GAMAJM, have you considered doing the same? It might pull your approval to August.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, pinano said:

And the fact it's taking exactly one month from receipt of K3 is pretty amazing. @GAMAJM, have you considered doing the same? It might pull your approval to August.

Our I-129 PD is July 1st, I’m crossing my fingers so hard! Our I-130 pd is Sept 21st.

Just now, bel044 said:

If you file K-3, do you have to pay the $535 fee again?  It's listed under filing fees on their website:  https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

I think so yes...T_T

I was too cheap to pay the $535 fee again. 

5 minutes ago, bel044 said:

If you file K-3, do you have to pay the $535 fee again?  It's listed under filing fees on their website:  https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

If you have paid the $535 to file your I-130 you do NOT pay to file k3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, pinano said:

Although people are interpreting your experience to suggest that all you need to do is apply for K3 and this will somehow expedite an approval, I am not sure that is actually what is happening. It could very well be that this K3 had nothing to do with the I-130 getting approved.

The reason I think skepticism is warranted is because people should be careful about what they do with these immigration applications, be there *is* something to lose, in theory. There is another element to this discussion that people don't address here, and that is whether the actual act of applying for the K3 might prejudice the outcome of the case in some way that is *not* beneficial, whether it be by opening up another branch of bureaucratic processes that slows down or crosses wires somewhere, or by simply sending an unintended signal to the government that will manifest in some unknown way later.

I think people are not accounting for the above risks and everyone here seems to be whipping themselves into a frenzy that this is an easy way to solve the I-130 processing delay problem,  but without due consideration of potential unintended and unforeseen consequences. The stakes seem too high to just make these sorts of presumptions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/13/2019 at 9:45 PM, Shaylan21 said:

Omg y’all my case got approved  something told me to go check 😍😩🙏🏽🙏🏽
I-130 PD January 4,2019
I29f PD June 13, 2019 then denied July 11,2019 
I-130 approved July 11,2019

nebraska service center   

Please y’all file those K3’s this is proof

2913DD21-4F56-4D16-8D74-525A95A403D1.jpeg

Hi, did you send in the same documents for evidence that u used for i 130? for e.g evidence of bona fide marriage, conversations/correspondence etc. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Meryemabbasi said:

Hi, did you send in the same documents for evidence that u used for i 130? for e.g evidence of bona fide marriage, conversations/correspondence etc. 

Please complete your timeline and contribute to the community. It helps us all the have a better picture of processing times. Thx

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline

I am so pissed that they are basically forcing us to file the k3, we shouldn't have to do this, we shouldn't have to wait so long, and the fact it's working just shows that they have no idea of what they're doing =(

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jademcculloch said:

I am so pissed that they are basically forcing us to file the k3, we shouldn't have to do this, we shouldn't have to wait so long, and the fact it's working just shows that they have no idea of what they're doing =(

They have started August cases! One approval posted this morning on Nebraska timelines :) 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline
2 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

They have started August cases! One approval posted this morning on Nebraska timelines :) 

That's very good! It makes me happy and anxious, my PD is august 27th, it seems like they are speeding up things after all

Timeline
2 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Although people are interpreting your experience to suggest that all you need to do is apply for K3 and this will somehow expedite an approval, I am not sure that is actually what is happening. It could very well be that this K3 had nothing to do with the I-130 getting approved.

The reason I think skepticism is warranted is because people should be careful about what they do with these immigration applications, be there *is* something to lose, in theory. There is another element to this discussion that people don't address here, and that is whether the actual act of applying for the K3 might prejudice the outcome of the case in some way that is *not* beneficial, whether it be by opening up another branch of bureaucratic processes that slows down or crosses wires somewhere, or by simply sending an unintended signal to the government that will manifest in some unknown way later.

I think people are not accounting for the above risks and everyone here seems to be whipping themselves into a frenzy that this is an easy way to solve the I-130 processing delay problem,  but without due consideration of potential unintended and unforeseen consequences. The stakes seem too high to just make these sorts of presumptions.

I agree

9 hours ago, vegas160 said:

I applied for the K3 yesterday. Just mailed it out. At this stage it’s a no brainer. I got my fingers crossed 🤞

I might do this tomorrow .. honestly what have we got to lose

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.