TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

What truly blows my mind (although probably does not *surprise" me, given these are government bureacracies) is that you can have a service office (like, say, Potomac) that is moving faster and then another (say, Nebrasksa)  that is backlogged, yet they keep sending files to pile up in the backlogged office all the same.  From an organizational and logistical perspective, that seems to make between zero and minus sense.

I agree, but that is not only the problem. When you analyze the amount of petitions received and the processed (i have seen in this group somewhere), Nebraska is the least efficient and the one who denies the most, proportionally. And by the rhythm that it is going, with no changes and interference somehow, this will be very bad for the center in a near future, because they receive 2x as much as they process per month. I really am hopeless to when I am going to revive my noa2, because my pd is 21 December, and one could argue that Texas sc is the one with the biggest backlog, yet they are approving November applicants. From the beginning of the year, Nebraska never was the best, but never was the worst like this, all the sc were doing slightly the same, but something happened, and they don't tell what. I assume they fired people or received some different directions, such as "people in Nebraska have to have stronger scrutiny", because makes no sense. Let us not forget that we pay a very expensive fee, this is not for free. Anyways, sorry for my frustration, because this is all I have to hang on to process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Globiat said:

I agree, but that is not only the problem. When you analyze the amount of petitions received and the processed (i have seen in this group somewhere), Nebraska is the least efficient and the one who denies the most, proportionally. And by the rhythm that it is going, with no changes and interference somehow, this will be very bad for the center in a near future, because they receive 2x as much as they process per month. I really am hopeless to when I am going to revive my noa2, because my pd is 21 December, and one could argue that Texas sc is the one with the biggest backlog, yet they are approving November applicants. From the beginning of the year, Nebraska never was the best, but never was the worst like this, all the sc were doing slightly the same, but something happened, and they don't tell what. I assume they fired people or received some different directions, such as "people in Nebraska have to have stronger scrutiny", because makes no sense. Let us not forget that we pay a very expensive fee, this is not for free. Anyways, sorry for my frustration, because this is all I have to hang on to process.

Does anyone know if the USCIS is trying to address the processing time imbalances between service centers? I mean, I would have thought at the Lockbox point they would have done some triage of sorts to determine where they send the petitions to be processed, a preliminary risk analysis, let's say. Perhaps this is even an example of me overestimating government bureaucracies (ha!).

Has there been any reports here of batches of files transferred from backlogged centers like Nebraska to faster centers? Purely thinking off the top of my head, I would think that would be one relatively simple option for USCIS to address that...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Does anyone know if the USCIS is trying to address the processing time imbalances between service centers? I mean, I would have thought at the Lockbox point they would have done some triage of sorts to determine where they send the petitions to be processed, a preliminary risk analysis, let's say. Perhaps this is even an example of me overestimating government bureaucracies (ha!).

Has there been any reports here of batches of files transferred from backlogged centers like Nebraska to faster centers? Purely thinking off the top of my head, I would think that would be one relatively simple option for USCIS to address that...

The problem is that when you point that to them ( USCIS , and some senators staff) they say that there is no backlog and we even had somebody’s very rude  who told us that NSC is  the fastest sc..

They don’t want to admit the reality and for them we don’t know the reality . 

To me it’s a way to slow down immigration process .. 

because finally we are powerless in front of such a big “ industry” .

I recently sent the I-130 pack to the Phoenix lockbox. Being in Florida, I had every expectation that TSC would service my petition, a shock when I got notified that the NSC would handle my case. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Yes, it does happen, and if ou look at it, you will see that many centers transferred the H1 visa to Nebraska, which may have backlogged CR1 applications... Once again, this is an assumption.

Search for uscis load transfer, I can't post the link here, but it is the first link that appears.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tesco said:

I recently sent the I-130 pack to the Phoenix lockbox. Being in Florida, I had every expectation that TSC would service my petition, a shock when I got notified that the NSC would handle my case. 

Our adress is in Mississippi and we Didnt understand why Nebraska too ..

We thought  that we will be routed to Texas ..

sadly there is no logic ..

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

The problem is that when you point that to them ( USCIS , and some senators staff) they say that there is no backlog and we even had somebody’s very rude  who told us that NSC is  the fastest sc..

They don’t want to admit the reality and for them we don’t know the reality . 

To me it’s a way to slow down immigration process .. 

because finally we are powerless in front of such a big “ industry” .

Well I suppose your hypothesis about this backlog being designed to slow down the immigration process is possibly true. However, playing devil's advocate, one would expect to see that backlog happen across the board, then, with all other service centers also showing markedly worse processing times. I feel what's behind this is not deliberate policy, per se, but some manner of institutional inefficiency and lack of accountability or incentive to work harder, among other things. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Globiat said:

Yes, it does happen, and if ou look at it, you will see that many centers transferred the H1 visa to Nebraska, which may have backlogged CR1 applications... Once again, this is an assumption.

Search for uscis load transfer, I can't post the link here, but it is the first link that appears.

I would have suspected as much that something like that was behind it; they face a new unexpected workload and don't have the resources, or incentives, to complete all of it, so start rationing the resources.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Well I suppose your hypothesis about this backlog being designed to slow down the immigration process is possibly true. However, playing devil's advocate, one would expect to see that backlog happen across the board, then, with all other service centers also showing markedly worse processing times. I feel what's behind this is not deliberate policy, per se, but some manner of institutional inefficiency and lack of accountability or incentive to work harder, among other things. 

At the end we are paying the price of all that ..

Timeline
Just now, Mr & Mrs T said:

At the end we are paying the price of all that ..

Of course we do. Bureaucracies don't care about individuals and their stories, they are systems that operate by inflexible procedures and typically staffed with functionaries who have little incentive to work any harder than normal. This is a pseudo-machine merely with humans employed as some of the cogs and gears.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ice-qube said:

Of course we do. Bureaucracies don't care about individuals and their stories, they are systems that operate by inflexible procedures and typically staffed with functionaries who have little incentive to work any harder than normal. This is a pseudo-machine merely with humans employed as some of the cogs and gears.

So true ..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

All of July.  They're going up to July 23rd.. not sure.. may be later on in July also.

5 hours ago, Rosie91 said:

Does anyone knows where they are in Case Tracker, I don't own any android?

The latest PDs I've seen recent (July 3rd) movement on so far was July 26th :)

"One day, the plane ticket will be one way."

• Nebraska Service Center
  • Consulate: Frankfurt, Germany
  • Wedding: 07/13/2018
  • I-130 NOA1: 09/14/2018
  • I-130 approval date according to online update: 09/05/2019
  • I-130 NOA2 received in the mail: 09/09/2019
  • I-130 approval as per NOA2: 09/04/2019
  • Sent to DOS: 09/13/2019
  • NVC Case Number received: 10/15/2019
  • Documents Submitted to NVC: 12/25/2019
  • DQ: 02/26/2020
  • IL: 03/11/2020
  • Medical: 03/19/2020
  • ID: 04/07/2020 <- cancelled by Corona
  • ID: 05/27/2020 —> approved 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, Tesco said:

Yes us too, we expected that we would get Texas since it’s geographically closest, but come to find out it actually has nothing to do at all with location on where we get sent, total guessing game..  can’t remember who but I remember someone here was in the same state as Potomac service center and still got sent to Nebraska 

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

16 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Yes us too, we expected that we would get Texas since it’s geographically closest, but come to find out it actually has nothing to do at all with location on where we get sent, total guessing game..  can’t remember who but I remember someone here was in the same state as Potomac service center and still got sent to Nebraska 

You'd think that load balancing would be prudent. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I think the service center decided at the lockbox might be based on the state the petitioner lives in. I could be wrong though.

If I had the time I'd make an excel list of all centers and states of petitioners

Edited by Pininfarina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.