TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I just got my notice of action and it says my I-130 petition is with the Nebraska field office. Why why why did they assign me to the seemingly worst one? Does this really mean that it will be a year before they process even the I-130? I am a Canadian citizen spouse of a US Citizen, and that is unbelievable that it would really take this long, if that stat means anything??

Yes Nebraska is clearing 130s in 11-14 mths at the moment 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Kimi31 said:

Yes Nebraska is clearing 130s in 11-14 mths at the moment 

This is outrageous. Mine should be an easy case, but it is going to be bogged down in a queue like this? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Just now, ice-qube said:

This is outrageous. Mine should be an easy case, but it is going to be bogged down in a queue like this? 

Unfortunately yes , instead you have a reason to ask for an expedite . 

Sadly we are all here in the NSC waiting room for a while .. 

you will have to be patient and who knows maybe all the call / mails etc that we sent  these last months to senators congressman journalist are gonna make something moving and processing will come back to “normal “ .

with NSC who knows ?

12 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

You'll be more outraged when you learn those assigned to Potomac service center are getting approved within 90 days. 

You're from Miami reach out to Marco Rubio's office and speak to Melanie. Demand answers for the delays. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Unfortunately it’s just how it goes.. my husband and I have an easy case as well, yet, we have to stay in line behind people who were first just like everyone else and try our best to reach out to senators to try to push USCIS to remedy this extreme imbalance between Nebraska vs the other centers (especially Potomac). Nebraska is insane honestly.. when my husband and I filed in February, it was 7-9 months maximum with our VJ approval estimate being November-December . Now it is 11-14 months and our VJ estimation now is end of February (over a year after filing) and it keeps pushing back. But unfortunately there’s just not much to do other than wait and contact our senators to ask USCIS what the heck is going on and pray that USCIS listens

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, JMPM said:

You'll be more outraged when you learn those assigned to Potomac service center are getting approved within 90 days. 

You're from Miami reach out to Marco Rubio's office and speak to Melanie. Demand answers for the delays. 

Do you have a phone number to reach Melanie? Thx

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

33 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

Do you have a phone number to reach Melanie? Thx

(305) 596-4224 it's the miami office, just say you want to speak to melanie about an immigration case explain the delays if you have to. You might speak to someone that takes the call, but she will return the call 

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
1 minute ago, JMPM said:
(305) 596-4224 it's the miami office, just say you want to speak to melanie about an immigration case explain the delays if you have to. You might speak to someone that takes the call, but she will return the call 

What are the best times to reach her?

2 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

What are the best times to reach her?

It's 4th of July right now, so I would say next week. You're going to get someone that takes the call. You just have to say I want to reach out to Melanie as another constituent that is affected by the delays in Nebraska and we would like Marco Rubio help in resolving the delays. You can mention my name. I already messaged you all with the details. I don't know if you guys even bothered reading.   (Saci Singh you left the conversation in the mass message I did here) There's not that many Floridians.    

There was 4 of us now 1 already got their expedited so I don't think their efforts will continue in reaching out to anyone. There's the new guy ice-qube so idk. 

I am extreme with my annoyance I seek out USCIS emails, post on social media, etc I am sure I will get someone's ear at some point and either get approved solo because they want it to end, or they will be like '####### nebraska get your sh*t together' and things will speed up.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, JMPM said:

It's 4th of July right now, so I would say next week. You're going to get someone that takes the call. You just have to say I want to reach out to Melanie as another constituent that is affected by the delays in Nebraska and we would like Marco Rubio help in resolving the delays. You can mention my name. I already messaged you all with the details. I don't know if you guys even bothered reading.   (Saci Singh you left the conversation in the mass message I did here) There's not that many Floridians.    

There was 4 of us now 1 already got their expedited so I don't think their efforts will continue in reaching out to anyone. There's the new guy ice-qube so idk. 

I am extreme with my annoyance I seek out USCIS emails, post on social media, etc I am sure I will get someone's ear at some point and either get approved solo because they want it to end, or they will be like '####### nebraska get your sh*t together' and things will speed up.

Please send me the message again if possible 🙏

I did read it.. just that I'm in India.. so I was thinking I cannot call. But I just got a US number from Daytona Beach through this text now app. So I can make direct calls for free. 

My home is in Gainesville, FL. 

I am literally fed up. Like I'm July 13th and I received nothing. My mother checks the mailbox everyday.

I sent everything like they wanted, i130 forms, marriage photos, proof, etc etc. Now I feel like would I ever receive a reply or not.

I'm ready and will call! I'll call morning Friday but it may be closed.

2 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

Please send me the message again if possible 🙏

I did read it.. just that I'm in India.. so I was thinking I cannot call. But I just got a US number from Daytona Beach through this text now app. So I can make direct calls for free. 

My home is in Gainesville, FL. 

I am literally fed up. Like I'm July 13th and I received nothing. My mother checks the mailbox everyday.

I sent everything like they wanted, i130 forms, marriage photos, proof, etc etc. Now I feel like would I ever receive a reply or not.

I'm ready and will call! I'll call morning Friday but it may be closed.

Well I pretty much just mentioned all the information I said in here now. So you got all the information already. Just call inquire, they will call you back.. Do you still have issues getting calls? You can leave an email and say you can communicate via email since you're on travel right now visiting your wife in India. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, JMPM said:

Well I pretty much just mentioned all the information I said in here now. So you got all the information already. Just call inquire, they will call you back.. Do you still have issues getting calls? You can leave an email and say you can communicate via email since you're on travel right now visiting your wife in India. 

No issues with calls now. I can receive calls now. I will call. And I can mention your name?

I'm just really fed up. It's insane what's going on with us.  And Nebraska just don't care.  Whenever I had called in the past, they just read the processing times.. and they tell me, you're within the processing times. And my PD is July 13th.

They don't care us.

Note.. my date is close, even if I get a reply about my case in the near future if  I'm not even sure if I'll ever get one. I'm still calling Melanie. It insane what we have to go through.

Edited by Saci Singh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

No issues with calls now. I can receive calls now. I will call. And I can mention your name?

I'm just really fed up. It's insane what's going on with us.  And Nebraska just don't care.  Whenever I had called in the past, they just read the processing times.. and they tell me, you're within the processing times. And my PD is July 13th.

They don't care us.

Note.. my date is close, even if I get a reply about my case in the near future if  I'm not even sure if I'll ever get one. I'm still calling Melanie. It insane what we have to go through.

I am utterly discouraged by all this. I am not sure my marriage can survive being essentially apart for a year and a half or whatever this is looking like.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.