TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Just now, portorusa said:

Also, can K3/K4 be filed online? On USCIS website if I opened an account there?

No it can not. It is essentially a repeated i-129. I can only think of the way you did the i130 with the child should be the way you do the i129 but i have no children to know that. Would have to check on the USCIS page about children i know it is listed on there. Good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
9 hours ago, JMPM said:

Here's the run down. 

K-3, if approved yes, you would have to do the adjustment of status. In reality you'll have better chances of winning the lottery in getting one. 

Theory is:

Filing a K-3 gets your I-130 at the desk faster for approval. So the K-3 gets denied because the I-130 gets approved. 

Yes but you never know, they might decide to start approving K3s again if they receive many applications. If you file the I-129F, make sure you are prepared for the consequences if it is approved. You'll have to go to the US and file for AOS and EAD and wait for EAD before you can work (which takes several months I believe). 

For our story, look at my profile.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I am confused. K3 application is the same as K1. It asks for passport photos of BOTH petitioner and beneficiary. But if my husband (beneficiary) is outside the U.S., is his photo still necessary ?

20 minutes ago, JulienR said:

Yes but you never know, they might decide to start approving K3s again if they receive many applications. If you file the I-129F, make sure you are prepared for the consequences if it is approved. You'll have to go to the US and file for AOS and EAD and wait for EAD before you can work (which takes several months I believe). 

I would hope they understand that. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

1 minute ago, portorusa said:

I am confused. K3 application is the same as K1. It asks for passport photos of BOTH petitioner and beneficiary. But if my husband (beneficiary) is outside the U.S., is his photo still necessary ?

Yes it’s on the list of documents

some people have taken the pics digitally and sent to the usc who’s gone to cvs or somewhere and got them printed out 

2 minutes ago, portorusa said:

The word is "MUST" in the petition instructions and I gave instructions on how to get passport photos of your loved ones. It's simple and easy. 

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JMPM said:

The word is "MUST" in the petition instructions and I gave instructions on how to get passport photos of your loved ones. It's simple and easy. 

Can you please direct me to your instructions ?

10 hours ago, JMPM said:

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf    

On page 11 of 14 of the Instructions item 9 states the following... 

Careful in how you instruct people if you did it wrong, and it worked out that's great. It was still wrong either way and you got lucky.  

To get passport photos of your loved ones from another country it's simple. Download a passport photo app on the app store (android or ios). Save the photo. Send it. Have it printed at walgreens/cvs or photo place on a 4x6 make sure you follow the passport photo requirements. It will cost you 33-50 cents to print. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html   If you're paying 5-15 dollars for 2 photos you're doing it wrong :) 

1 minute ago, portorusa said:

Can you please direct me to your instructions ?

There.

7 minutes ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

We got approval notice in the mail today! 

PD: July 19th, 2018

NOA2: June 27th, 2019

Congratulations!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
11 hours ago, CaroY said:

As the sponsor, I’ll have to repatriate to the US to establish domicile, get a job, etc.  Being a mother, our son will also come with me. The K3 is meant to minimize time a family spends apart during the visa process. It’s really applicable regardless of where the citizen spouse is.

I feel for all of you in newer marriages, where you’re apart. My husband and I were long distance for just about 2 years before we decided to live abroad together.  Of course as time goes on, your lives become even more intertwined, you may have children, etc. and it certainly doesn’t become easier to be separated. 

I think there is a lot of different situations for everyone. I have been married with my husband for more then a year before filing I130 and I129f. We were first living together in France.

K3 visa purpose is to shorten the time married folks are apart. So I don't get the point of filing it if you are together. But this is only my opinion of no expert, you're welcome to do whatever it suits you best :) 

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Devon&Sandra said:

I think there is a lot of different situations for everyone. I have been married with my husband for more then a year before filing I130 and I129f. We were first living together in France.

K3 visa purpose is to shorten the time married folks are apart. So I don't get the point of filing it if you are together. But this is only my opinion of no expert, you're welcome to do whatever it suits you best :) 

You can be together but not in a comfortable situation and want to move to the US with your spouse ASAP. Even in a comfortable situation you could want that. In our case we are together and I have a job, no financial or health urgency but we have two young kids so we don't want to be separated.  Since we have decided to move to the US, I don't want to have to wait for 18 months to be able to do it. We would have liked to be able to move ASAP so my wife could look for a job there (since that's one of the main reason we are moving and trying to get one from here seems difficult). Luckily another option presented to us.

For our story, look at my profile.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

Congrats! I might continue my process from Sweden since my husband probably will move to the US before me (job offer) and I am not staying in Ireland without him.

Do you know how long the wait is for a medical/interview in Stockholm (or if you are thinking about getting the medical in Gothenburg) when we finally get to that stage? 

Married: 01/26/2019

I130 NOA1 (PD): 02/20/2019 (Nebraska)

K3 NOA1 (PD): 05/29/2019 

I-130 NOA2: 07/18/2019

*waiting for NVC case number*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, JMPM said:

Congratulations!

3 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

Congrats,. Wow July 19 🌷

I'm still waiting... 😐 July 13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
15 minutes ago, C-Sweden said:

Congrats! I might continue my process from Sweden since my husband probably will move to the US before me (job offer) and I am not staying in Ireland without him.

Do you know how long the wait is for a medical/interview in Stockholm (or if you are thinking about getting the medical in Gothenburg) when we finally get to that stage? 

I'm planning to get the medical in Gothenburg. Heard a lot of good about that doctor. I don't know how long the wait is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.