TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, MinB said:

How does the K3, form I129F works after approval? I readthat we have to do adjustment of status? 

Here's the run down. 

K-3, if approved yes, you would have to do the adjustment of status. In reality you'll have better chances of winning the lottery in getting one. 

Theory is:

Filing a K-3 gets your I-130 at the desk faster for approval. So the K-3 gets denied because the I-130 gets approved. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Must be information written different all over the place a few k3 in our group did just nao1 and cert. I got that directly from the uscis special instruction tab. 

my i130 came before the k3 so idk if an rfe would ever be in route. Someone has also called them and we’re stated the same thing. So evidently. 

Wrong ways must be not getting rfe could partially be since it is denied anyway so they fish out the i130 and review it. 

So do that 1-5 evidence per the correct way. Retract previous posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Michael_194 said:

Must be information written different all over the place a few k3 in our group did just nao1 and cert. I got that directly from the uscis special instruction tab. 

my i130 came before the k3 so idk if an rfe would ever be in route. Someone has also called them and we’re stated the same thing. So evidently. 

Wrong ways must be not getting rfe could partially be since it is denied anyway so they fish out the i130 and review it. 

So do that 1-5 evidence per the correct way. Retract previous posts

I have no idea what you are saying. Could you please try to explain again? 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

2 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

I have no idea what you are saying. Could you please try to explain again? 

It was in reference to instructions on not providing passport photos for the K-3 petition. When the instructions are clear that they should provide the photos. They got lucky and didn't submit. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
2 hours ago, CaroY said:

As the sponsor, I’ll have to repatriate to the US to establish domicile, get a job, etc.  Being a mother, our son will also come with me. The K3 is meant to minimize time a family spends apart during the visa process. It’s really applicable regardless of where the citizen spouse is.

I feel for all of you in newer marriages, where you’re apart. My husband and I were long distance for just about 2 years before we decided to live abroad together.  Of course as time goes on, your lives become even more intertwined, you may have children, etc. and it certainly doesn’t become easier to be separated. 

No it doesn’t..I don’t have any children but over 4.5 years of a long distance relationship is incredibly painfull. I just hang on because he is worth all of the pain 🙏🏻

APPROVED

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JMPM said:

It was in reference to instructions on not providing passport photos for the K-3 petition. When the instructions are clear that they should provide the photos. They got lucky and didn't submit. 

Ah ok 

APPROVED

Timeline
7 hours ago, Ravi kumar said:

saci singh I pray for you to get your approval as soon as possible hope tommorrow or day after tomorrow 🙏🙏 you will post good news about ur case approval 

Thank you 🙏🏼 but they're taking time as I see.. plus they are not updating online

Keep my fingers crossed

Timeline
6 hours ago, Jo&Ro said:

I spoke to one that was very nice and one that was a freaking #######!!!! but she eventually put me through to an officer/tier 2 person and they are the one that helped me. The tier one had no info at all. 

Yes it was one lady, she was not nice. Okkk so she isn't an officer.

She just typed my case number in the computer system and said in review. And that you should wait 60 days. Lol

And she was advising about the processing times posted

Timeline
3 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

No it doesn’t..I don’t have any children but over 4.5 years of a long distance relationship is incredibly painfull. I just hang on because he is worth all of the pain 🙏🏻

I agree. It must be so difficult even if children or no children.  It's your husband you have to be separated from.

I really wish this process improves..

51 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

Yes it was one lady, she was not nice. Okkk so she isn't an officer.

She just typed my case number in the computer system and said in review. And that you should wait 60 days. Lol

And she was advising about the processing times posted

Yes. You'll have to ask for a tier 2 person/officer and they will transfer you and you'll leave a contact # and they'll call you back in 1-4 hours I guess. It was 1.5 hours for me. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
9 hours ago, Michael_194 said:

You guys are mistaken go to uscis and look under i-129 and then special Instructions. Hopefully you all take from this.

All you need is  copy of nao1 and marriage certificate. NOTHING ELSE whatever extra you want to add sure. 

While filing K3/K4 (for a spouse and a stepchild), should it be one petition or two separate ones?

Also, if a beneficiary has multiple children but only one will be immigrating together with him, should all the children be listed in K3?

2 minutes ago, portorusa said:

While filing K3/K4 (for a spouse and a stepchild), should it be one petition or two separate ones?

Also, if a beneficiary has multiple children but only one will be immigrating together with him, should all the children be listed in K3?

See i don't have children so i would not be able to tell you that. Maybe someone who does can chime in

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.