TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, snowdog said:

The saddest part of this for is how every time I'm telling my story to someone I know who has brought over a foreign spouse, they automatically assume I must have filed the paperwork wrong or I'm missing something. They say "it was so quick when I petitioned for *so and so*." Then I explain just how backlogged and broken the system is, waiting a year to even have someone glance at the application.

Those are pretty bad. The others are the "You should have gotten a lawyer. They would have had your spouse here already here."  

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, snowdog said:

The saddest part of this for is how every time I'm telling my story to someone I know who has brought over a foreign spouse, they automatically assume I must have filed the paperwork wrong or I'm missing something. They say "it was so quick when I petitioned for *so and so*." Then I explain just how backlogged and broken the system is, waiting a year to even have someone glance at the application.

My mom hears the same from her coworkers all the time when she tells them about my husband and I and how long it will take us, about how quick it was for them a few years ago, and my mom relays the stories to me but she always has to tell them that the system is so different now and how awfully slow Nebraska is

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, JulienR said:

Now it actually reflects reality. But I don't look at this page anymore, they just put on whatever they want. VJ's data is more reliable.

What is killing me is why do they keep sending applications to Nebraska? Isn't there someone who is overseing all the centers and who would realize that there is a problem and an easy fix would be to stop sending applications to Nebraska for a while? 

They don't give a rat's butt. All they have to do is keep extending their time frames. And who cares? Who is going to do anything about it? Nobody...they are too busy helping people running illegally across the border.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Marriednow said:

They don't give a rat's butt. All they have to do is keep extending their time frames. And who cares? Who is going to do anything about it? Nobody...they are too busy helping people running illegally across the border.

Can you please fill in your timeline, it allows VJ to create statistics that help the community to have a better picture of processing times. Thank you.

For our story, look at my profile.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
7 hours ago, JulienR said:

Now it actually reflects reality. But I don't look at this page anymore, they just put on whatever they want. VJ's data is more reliable.

What is killing me is why do they keep sending applications to Nebraska? Isn't there someone who is overseing all the centers and who would realize that there is a problem and an easy fix would be to stop sending applications to Nebraska for a while? 

Exactly. Reasonable sense and USCIS are two different things.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, JMPM said:

I am writing a snail mail to Nebraska tomorrow morning. It's just going to be in 72 point font with "F___ YOU!!" on the sheet. and instructions in smaller font point "Pass it around the adjudicators. Thanks"  

I posted on Facebook i-130 group the USCIS processing times....and they deleted my post! WT! I mean trying to hide it from Nebraska folks...they are seriously trying to cover up the truth...

Edited by GAMAJM

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

27 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

I posted on Facebook i-130 group the USCIS processing times....and they deleted my post! WT! I mean trying to hide it from Nebraska folks...they are seriously trying to cover up the truth...

Depending on which group careful they will start to harass you if they feel offended. I had to block half dozen people 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, JMPM said:

Depending on which group careful they will start to harass you if they feel offended. I had to block half dozen people 

It is the admin team for the I-130 filers Immigration visa group. They always delete them or cut-off commenting. I am not apart of the Nebraska group as it seems to have a lot of aggressively negative peeps.

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

It is the admin team for the I-130 filers Immigration visa group. They always delete them or cut-off commenting. I am not apart of the Nebraska group as it seems to have a lot of aggressively negative peeps.

It’s so sad .. damn .. we are all in the same boat .. why hiding the truth or being agressive ? 

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

It’s so sad .. damn .. we are all in the same boat .. why hiding the truth or being agressive ? 

Well the FB Nebraska group was created just a short while ago by a group who said it was for "venting" , but there is a certain point that it has to become productive.. I just saw a few bully types who jumped on people, so I was out at that point. 

APPROVED

Timeline
5 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

Well the FB Nebraska group was created just a short while ago by a group who said it was for "venting" , but there is a certain point that it has to become productive.. I just saw a few bully types who jumped on people, so I was out at that point. 

The situation is so frustrating  that some people start to lose their mind .. 

Nebraska is creating a big mess in everyone life . 

We need to stay strong but most of it we must not attack each other. 

And hiding the truth will not help . 

I have nothing against the FB group I was there for few days and people where nice to me but I better like to be on VJ  who is more helpful and accurate 

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Timeline
Just now, GAMAJM said:

Yep! on that note...I am finding some RFE's went out for July 18th -19th.. slowly chugging along. 

Not that bad just hope they will not take 2 months to process July . If they are already at these dates not too bad .. 

my Pd is aug 29th right now I have no more idea in what to really expect 🤷‍♀️

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, GAMAJM said:

Yep! on that note...I am finding some RFE's went out for July 18th -19th.. slowly chugging along. 

That’s good. I read a post on here once, from a member who always seems pretty knowledgeable (I think I’ll mess it up if I try writing his alias name!). He said it’s better to go by the information we give each other (ie updating our timeline or what you just did) and Case Tracker, since it’s more accurate. The processing times given by USCIS include the oldest cases they have currently, which can be misleading. We know there are some people from at least May 2018 who still haven’t been approved right? That’s 13 months ago, and right now they’re working on July, which is 11 months go. So it would make sense.

Maybe they have some kind of obligation to mention the oldest cases too, but it doesn’t mean it’s going  take 14 months for the majority of people to hear back.

Just trying to be optimistic 🙂💪🏻

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Aurora194 said:

That’s good. I read a post on here once, from a member who always seems pretty knowledgeable (I think I’ll mess it up if I try writing his alias name!). He said it’s better to go by the information we give each other (ie updating our timeline or what you just did) and Case Tracker, since it’s more accurate. The processing times given by USCIS include the oldest cases they have currently, which can be misleading. We know there are some people from at least May 2018 who still haven’t been approved right? That’s 13 months ago, and right now they’re working on July, which is 11 months go. So it would make sense.

Maybe they have some kind of obligation to mention the oldest cases too, but it doesn’t mean it’s going  take 14 months for the majority of people to hear back.

Just trying to be optimistic 🙂💪🏻

Yeah...this is the way they say to read it..and  they say its data from 2 months prior. 

What do the processing times mean?

"We now show case processing times as a range. The first number is the time it takes to complete 50% of cases (the median). The second number is the time it takes to complete 93% of cases"

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.