TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kimi31 said:

A few have filed and are waiting to hear

its fine to do as long as you have considered the extra costs involved “if” K3 is approved and i130 isn’t and are willing to up and go 

I considered (am considering) filing k3, 

My husband is in the uk next week for 2 weeks so we will discuss logistics and extra cost and if we will do it or not

Just remember its not a guaranteed approval of i130

There were a couple of k3 approvals last year 

Do you need to go through the AOS procedure when on a K3? My understanding was that you can enter the US, work etc until your I130 is approved and your green card is issued? I've been looking up the costs that you're talking about but can't seem to find them.

21 minutes ago, Aurora194 said:

Do you need to go through the AOS procedure when on a K3? My understanding was that you can enter the US, work etc until your I130 is approved and your green card is issued? I've been looking up the costs that you're talking about but can't seem to find them.

Not sure, haven’t had time to investigate properly 

I assumed you could AOS

sure someone will correct me 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Aurora194 said:

The K3 is a nonimmigrant visa for the spouse of a US citizen who is living abroad (note that the US citizen does not have to live abroad with the spouse) and for whom the US citizen has filed an I-130 petition. It allows the spouse to move to the US and work (after obtaining employement authorization) for up to 2 years while the I-130 is being processed. The I-130 petition is only half the way to permanent residency, once in the US the spouse HAS TO file for AOS to get the green card.

On the opposite, the IR1/CR1 visa is an immigrant visa, meaning you become a permanent resident as soon as you enter the US , you receive your green card immidiately after a few weeks without having to do anyhting.

Please refer to USCIS's website for all the details about eligibilty and conditions of the various visas.

Edited by JulienR

For our story, look at my profile.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Aurora194 said:

K3s are obsolete........Last year, only 6 were approved world-wide..........They are a waste of time....The CR-1 is superior in many ways.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, missileman said:

K3s are obsolete........Last year, only 6 were approved world-wide..........They are a waste of time....The CR-1 is superior in many ways.

I don't think anyone here is hoping to get a K3. We're just desperate to find a way to get our I-130 approved faster and not have to wait a year or more for the first step only.

Timeline
Just now, Aurora194 said:

I don't think anyone here is hoping to get a K3. We're just desperate to find a way to get our I-130 approved faster and not have to wait a year or more for the first step only.

I don't see how filing an I-129F would speed up the process.......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, missileman said:

Please stop saying that and let people decide for themselves. It's hardly a waste of time considering the paperwork is the same as for the I-130 and it's free.

1 hour ago, missileman said:

Noone understands it but there has been several cases now of fast(er) approval at Nebraska for people who filed both and there is no other reason (i.e.no expedite, no military, ...).

For our story, look at my profile.

Timeline
1 minute ago, JulienR said:

Please stop saying that and let people decide for themselves. It's hardly a waste of time considering the paperwork is the same as for the I-130 and it's free.

I'm just posting the facts.  K-3 are EXTREMELY rare........this year, there might not be a single one approved.....that's what I define as obsolete.......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
29 minutes ago, JulienR said:

Noone understands it but there has been several cases now of fast(er) approval at Nebraska for people who filed both and there is no other reason (i.e.no expedite, no military, ...).

It’s free and no trouble to do the paperwork, as most is a repeat. I just edited my cover letter. Otherwise, filled it out and it was really simple. Worth a try, in my opinion! 

After 2 hours and 43 minutes of hold time I spoke to a officer. That was actually pleasant (one tier 1 guy was very nice and one tier 1 lady was a RAGING a-hole). The officer told me the "a decision has been made on June 22nd" but said he couldn't tell me what it was and I need to wait for my official email or letter. That seems odd to me. Anyone had a responce like this? NOA1 date of July 10th '18. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Case tracker shows RFE and other actions though July 17th! 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, missileman said:

On USCIS website for Nebraska’s process times, K3 is showing 3-6 months faster than the I-130s, and a lot of people who have filed I-129F at Nebraska after I-130, have had their I-129Fs denied yet their I-130s approved many months before normal I-130 processing time, presumably because they get to the I-129F and go and approve the I-130 instead so they can close the K3 case. That’s why so many people in Nebraska are wanting to try this route, we are all desperate.

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

After 2 hours and 43 minutes of hold time I spoke to a officer. That was actually pleasant (one tier 1 guy was very nice and one tier 1 lady was a RAGING a-hole). The officer told me the "a decision has been made on June 22nd" but said he couldn't tell me what it was and I need to wait for my official email or letter. That seems odd to me. Anyone had a responce like this? NOA1 date of July 10th '18. 

Hopefully it is good news!! 🙌🏻

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

16 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

Hopefully it is good news!! 🙌🏻

Thank you! I sure hope so... Now the suspense is REALLY killing me...😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.