TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Mine has always been set private and I don't post much anyway. Maybe more than a year ago I asked her if she wouldn't mind changing hers to private also and she was happy to. I agree. FB is already intrusive enough, any thing to add a little privacy is great in my opinion. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jo&Ro said:

Hopefully this doesn't come off as passive aggressive, because it's not ment to be. I'm just curious the reasons, but why are those of you who are together already freaking out the same or in some cases more then us who are apart for nearly a year or more? Once again, not trying to be an a-hole or suggest anything, just curious. 

My husband and I were long distance for 2 years before I moved to Turkey to be with him.  We’ve now been married since 2011 and our lives are just very intertwined.  A few months apart is manageable, but we’ve just decided to prioritize being together over location.  The biggest factor is our son.  He’s 6, which is a tricky age, where he’s obviously very aware of what’s going on, but not old enough to handle the separation as well.  We’ll be starting over with a new area, new school, no family nearby, etc. and I think it’s a lot to add having his father suddenly out of his life for an extended period of time, too.  

As for what is the rush, the economy has been kind of crashing around us, with a further decline predicted for later this summer, so we need to get assets/businesses sold before we lose too much, but as long as we are/he is living here, we need to work 🤷🏼‍♀️

So there’s my very long-winded answer.  I know the feeling of being new and long-distance, too.  Neither is easy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

And, yes, my FB is quite private, for privacy reasons.  I think it’s not appropriate to expect that people open up their personal lives to the world, that’s why we provide evidence.  We have enough out there on Google, from articles/blogs about our business, family obituaries, etc.  I suppose it’s easier when you’ve been married for a while.  

40 minutes ago, CaroY said:

My husband and I were long distance for 2 years before I moved to Turkey to be with him.  We’ve now been married since 2011 and our lives are just very intertwined.  A few months apart is manageable, but we’ve just decided to prioritize being together over location.  The biggest factor is our son.  He’s 6, which is a tricky age, where he’s obviously very aware of what’s going on, but not old enough to handle the separation as well.  We’ll be starting over with a new area, new school, no family nearby, etc. and I think it’s a lot to add having his father suddenly out of his life for an extended period of time, too.  

As for what is the rush, the economy has been kind of crashing around us, with a further decline predicted for later this summer, so we need to get assets/businesses sold before we lose too much, but as long as we are/he is living here, we need to work 🤷🏼‍♀️

So there’s my very long-winded answer.  I know the feeling of being new and long-distance, too.  Neither is easy.

Very understandable, thanks for the explanation. She has a 7 and 9 year old and they are still in the Philippines with her family, her in Singapore and I'm in the U.S.. The 9 year old seems to basically understand as much as a 9 year old should of the situation, but the 7 year old thinks he's mine, also thinks me and his mom are together in Singapore and pretty unclear of the whole situation. They have the same dad, but he hasn't been around since she was prego with the 7 year old. We have no plans to hide anything from them, and I'm more than happy to be the only dad they ever know. Kids DEFINITELY throw a whole lot of different factors in the equation...😂

6 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

Just curious, but who on here has their Facebook account set to "private" for the general public? on the FB group they are saying it's a red flag if you don't have your account set completely public? I mean... I find that ridiculous. All of my friends can see everything and that's the way I like it. Also, im the petitioner, so from my understanding the DS-260 asks for the social media "handles" of the beneficiary. My husband doesn't have any social media and likes it that way...three of my best friend here in the USA are also the same way...so I can understand why folks don't want their public life on display. It's not about hiding anything, but protecting yourself from the weirdos that are prevalent these days. Thoughts? 

I found the Facebook groups are filled with morons that don't have any knowledge except hearsay and rumors. You can't present them facts, or they get upset and tell you to ignore the post. Even some have gone as far as being borderline racist to my beneficiary's origin. There's a few people that are knowledgeable, but just being in the group is a waste of time. I got out of those echo chambers. 

DS-260 would just ask for the handles, but they are seeing if you're truthful, but remember at the POE they can ask for access for those accounts (not saying it's a common thing, but citizens get asked to open their accounts all the time)

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/information-on-social-media-can-get-immigrants-deported-or-denied-entry.html

Anyways it sucks on one hand, but it's not a rampant thing that they do. 

If they ever ask me for my passwords they are going to just give me back my phone because all of my passwords are 28+ digits long depending on the maximum the website allows.  I think my Netflix password is 36 digits. I love my password manager Lastpass haven't created a password and having to remember it in years now. I use a NFC/USB key to unlock the app so even if someone guessed my lastpass password they'll hit a roadblock without my physical key.  Is it overkill? Nah I value my email, and banking info, and it helps to secure all of the other sites i do business with too.   If you're interested (removed)

Edited by Ontarkie
Removed personal information.

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

1 hour ago, JMPM said:

I found the Facebook groups are filled with morons that don't have any knowledge except hearsay and rumors. You can't present them facts, or they get upset and tell you to ignore the post. Even some have gone as far as being borderline racist to my beneficiary's origin. There's a few people that are knowledgeable, but just being in the group is a waste of time. I got out of those echo chambers. 

DS-260 would just ask for the handles, but they are seeing if you're truthful, but remember at the POE they can ask for access for those accounts (not saying it's a common thing, but citizens get asked to open their accounts all the time)

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/information-on-social-media-can-get-immigrants-deported-or-denied-entry.html

Anyways it sucks on one hand, but it's not a rampant thing that they do. 

If they ever ask me for my passwords they are going to just give me back my phone because all of my passwords are 28+ digits long depending on the maximum the website allows.  I think my Netflix password is 36 digits. I love my password manager Lastpass haven't created a password and having to remember it in years now. I use a NFC/USB key to unlock the app so even if someone guessed my lastpass password they'll hit a roadblock without my physical key.  Is it overkill? Nah I value my email, and banking info, and it helps to secure all of the other sites i do business with too.   If you're interested (removed)

Was it that Nabraska I-130 FB group that 2/3 of the people on here are on also? Our beneficiaries are the same and I haven't noticed any rude comments about them, and I'm usually pretty protective or defensive with her. I've dealt with the public for the last 25 years and SUPER thick skinned 😀, but don't want anyone offending or hurting her. 

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quoted part to remove personal info

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Reference link removed. We do not allow reference links as it falls under the TOS Violation of  No solicitation~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

34 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

~~Reference link removed. We do not allow reference links as it falls under the TOS Violation of  No solicitation~~

my apologies 

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

1 hour ago, Jo&Ro said:

Was it that Nabraska I-130 FB group that 2/3 of the people on here are on also? Our beneficiaries are the same and I haven't noticed any rude comments about them, and I'm usually pretty protective or defensive with her. I've dealt with the public for the last 25 years and SUPER thick skinned 😀, but don't want anyone offending or hurting her. 

I am extremely thick skinned myself.  I show you an example via private message. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, JMPM said:

I agree. It's a very mismanaged group. The administrators seem to have no idea how to run a forum. A lot of bullying going on if you differ from the prominent opinion.

Timeline

Hi all,

Just curios how many of you that also filed for the K3 (I-129f)? What is your pd for I-130 and K3 and have you heard anything?

Pd for our I-130 is February 20, 2019 and pd for the K3 is May 29. We were thinking about sending the K3 earlier but reading online everyone said it was administratively closed, but seeing some fast approvals for the I-130 hopefully this will help us getting the NOA2 faster. Both the I-130 and K3 are processed at Nebraska.

I saw a person in a facebook group that had the K3 denied a week ago and got the I-130 approved at the same time. Think the K3 pd was May 20 2019. Another one I saw got the K3 denied/I-130 approved about 3 months after sending in the K3.

Married: 01/26/2019

I130 NOA1 (PD): 02/20/2019 (Nebraska)

K3 NOA1 (PD): 05/29/2019 

I-130 NOA2: 07/18/2019

*waiting for NVC case number*

2 minutes ago, C-Sweden said:

Hi all,

Just curios how many of you that also filed for the K3 (I-129f)? What is your pd for I-130 and K3 and have you heard anything?

Pd for our I-130 is February 20, 2019 and pd for the K3 is May 29. We were thinking about sending the K3 earlier but reading online everyone said it was administratively closed, but seeing some fast approvals for the I-130 hopefully this will help us getting the NOA2 faster. Both the I-130 and K3 are processed at Nebraska.

I saw a person in a facebook group that had the K3 denied a week ago and got the I-130 approved at the same time. Think the K3 pd was May 20 2019. Another one I saw got the K3 denied/I-130 approved about 3 months after sending in the K3.

A few have filed and are waiting to hear

its fine to do as long as you have considered the extra costs involved “if” K3 is approved and i130 isn’t and are willing to up and go 

I considered (am considering) filing k3, 

My husband is in the uk next week for 2 weeks so we will discuss logistics and extra cost and if we will do it or not

Just remember its not a guaranteed approval of i130

There were a couple of k3 approvals last year 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kimi31 said:

A few have filed and are waiting to hear

its fine to do as long as you have considered the extra costs involved “if” K3 is approved and i130 isn’t and are willing to up and go 

I considered (am considering) filing k3, 

My husband is in the uk next week for 2 weeks so we will discuss logistics and extra cost and if we will do it or not

Just remember its not a guaranteed approval of i130

There were a couple of k3 approvals last year 

Hi,

Yes, that is a good point that if the K3 is approved, you need to go the AOS route, but we were happy to do that and pay more in the end if it helped us getting our lives started in the US faster.

We talked about doing the K1 visa first (which is similar in the process I guess to the K3), but we really wanted some of my family to be present at our wedding and they wouldn't be able to attend if we didn't get married in Sweden for different reasons. We will have a big party in the US when we have settled down so it feels like a "win" for me to almost have 2 weddings lol!

Married: 01/26/2019

I130 NOA1 (PD): 02/20/2019 (Nebraska)

K3 NOA1 (PD): 05/29/2019 

I-130 NOA2: 07/18/2019

*waiting for NVC case number*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
21 minutes ago, C-Sweden said:

Hi all,

I just mailed out my wife's I-129F yesterday.  Her I-130 PD is 06-06-2019. I hope in the next few months we hear something positive back from USCIS :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.