TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

Well, it kind of is obsolete as nobody is actually getting the K3 non-immigrant visa, but it does seem to be a workaround so you get the I-130 approved quicker.

Given the current context in the US I would expect processing times to get even longer for a little while. Maybe if a lot of people start applying for the K3 visa, they will start using it again for its intended purpose. There must be a reason why they kept it available even if not giving any. In the end, if all this helps people who are separated to be reunited quicker, I say it's a good thing. Maybe people who have the chance of living together abroad in a comfortable situation should refrain from using this route for now though, but that's just my opinion. There are also avantages to get the Green Card right away as opposed to have to file for AOS.

Edited by JulienR

For our story, look at my profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

Well, it kind of is obsolete as nobody is actually getting the K3 non-immigrant visa, but it does seem to be a workaround so you get the I-130 approved quicker.

yes exactly. since they rarely give k3 visas anymore it seems it makes them take a look at your I-130 so they can close the I-129F.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

Yes, but today I'm feeling it. Oh boy.. living in India, so my day here is 5:20pm. We are one day ahead of US time.

I'm like at the end of my rope.

How can I call.. hmm I can call my mom who lives in Florida

And maybe she can call.. I don't have the money to call from here. I only sent a service request.

Side note, I'm also seriously considering to expedite at nvc.. once I get done with this darn i130, if I ever get done 🙇🏻‍♀️ giving up slowly.

I have some financial hardships here in India. Place to stay, money issue, food I'm buying is just really poor, going Nepal every 6 months take $500. Have loans also from my cosmetology school. Darn.

For all of those who can fall under some expedite criteria for NVC should consider it.  I heard it's easier to get that. I'm still not sure.

You can try it, but I don't believe those qualify... sorry even though it sounds very difficult for you. Unfortunately it's a financial burden on most of us :(

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline
13 hours ago, Devon&Sandra said:

I imagine the frustration ! We just decided to try to use any legal means to try to speed up the process and be together. This path was the only one we found after our case was send to Nebraska. My I130 got approved a month after I send my I129f so maybe you can still try...

You are in the US? You got married in the US? Maybe that was also helpful for your case. 

APPROVED

Timeline
12 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

Yes it really is.  It's a lot of everyone here who filed with Nebraska

I'm at the end of ithe rope now seriously. My PD is July 13th 2018, and nothing
Too late to file i129f 😐

Also the thing is that I hear lots of negative stuff about the k3. Anyways it was a conversation on here. But I don't want think about that now.

Yours will come any day now :)  Stay positive! 

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
17 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

You are in the US? You got married in the US? Maybe that was also helpful for your case. 

We got married in the US in Feb 2018, then moved together to France. My husband had a work opportunity in October in states we didn’t want to miss. He moved for trial period, I kept my job...in feb we took a decision to move to US and applied for I130...

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Just now, Devon&Sandra said:

We got married in the US in Feb 2018, then moved together to France. My husband had a work opportunity in October in states we didn’t want to miss. He moved for trial period, I kept my job...in feb we took a decision to move to US and applied for I130...

Congratulations ! 

This is giving me a little hope .

I am a French citizen and my husband is here with me too but we are waiting already for 301 days 😩

Timeline
5 hours ago, M@B said:

Hi all!  I have news, today my husband called to USCIS and the officer said that our case was approved on June 17th, but status on the website still has not changed, we haven’t any news on emails and by mail  .  My PD July 9th.  If someone is near my date, you'd better call the USCIS and find out about the approval of the officer .. Very happy now waiting for the next step, I wish you all good news!!!! 

Wow congrats!! They should have updated online but what's going on with them.

My pd is July 13th..  my mom called yesterday and spoke to an officer, he said he had some information for my case number but he cannot give her. He will only give the petitioner or beneficiary.🙏🏼🤞🏼

How can I call, it's very expensive in India.

I'm praying for mines 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Edited by Saci Singh

Timeline

It seem like they're not doing July 10th-July 13ths..

It's already June 26th. 4 more days month is over

How about July 13-17th folks and on.

Edited by Saci Singh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

My pd is July 13th..  my mom called yesterday and spoke to an officer, he said he had some information for my case number but he cannot give her. He will only give the petitioner or beneficiary.🙏🏼🤞🏼

Have you looked in to magicjack? It's fairly low cost and gives you a US phone number that you can call from and receive calls to. I think you can handle calls through their app now after you enroll. It's been awhile since I've used it so i don't know where all it works now 😊

33 minutes ago, R+M Jordan said:

Have you looked in to magicjack? It's fairly low cost and gives you a US phone number that you can call from and receive calls to. I think you can handle calls through their app now after you enroll. It's been awhile since I've used it so i don't know where all it works now 😊

In the Philippines there was a promotion with their pre paid sim on the SmartBro network. It had unlimited facebook it was super cheap. It then ended :( So i had to resort to getting her Google Fi despite the 15GB limit before throttling(we haven't experienced throttling yet despite currently at 22GB with 15 more days left) we are still video chatting about 4-5 hours per day.      It was a  nightmare before we resorted to this solution since we weren't sure what was going to happen and how costly it would be, it is costly vs the PH plans, but it's worth it.    It was a little complicated getting the phone activated in the PH by tricking it into  thinking it was in the United States though, but we managed through a personal VPN. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
6 hours ago, M@B said:

Hi all!  I have news, today my husband called to USCIS and the officer said that our case was approved on June 17th, but status on the website still has not changed, we haven’t any news on emails and by mail  .  My PD July 9th.  If someone is near my date, you'd better call the USCIS and find out about the approval of the officer .. Very happy now waiting for the next step, I wish you all good news!!!! 

Hello thats great news!! Congrats!. 

Quick question what number did your husband called? And how did he get to speak with an officer? Everytime i call automatic system tells me the same inf i can find on internet

Timeline
1 hour ago, Saci Singh said:

Can your husband call? Is he in the USA? 

APPROVED

Timeline

Guys! There is free app “textnow” to call US and Canada. Its all free. It will give you to choose one new US number.. and you can enjoy unlimited talk and text.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.