TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Sinka13 said:

Hey guys, December filer here.

I was wondering since approval times take so long now, we might get pass our 2 years anniversary , if we get approved approximately in December by USCIS  will we get CR visa or IR visa? At what stage do they pick if it's CR1 or IR1? Also how much time do you have before you need to leave to US? It's hard to plan moving to another country that blindly. 

If you if you first enter the USA after your 2nd anniversary it’s IR1

you have 6 months from the date of your medical to enter 

8 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

Congrats!! July 9th pd..Happy for ya

It's updated in their website?

I'm July 13th, nothing 😐🙏🏼🤞🏼

Saci Singh you should call today, you are very close I am sure, I actually called Friday at 8am and asked to speak to tier 2 officer and they told me I was approved on Thursday, didn’t quite believe it until letter yesterday, the website still not updated!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
31 minutes ago, bluewaiting said:

Saci Singh you should call today, you are very close I am sure, I actually called Friday at 8am and asked to speak to tier 2 officer and they told me I was approved on Thursday, didn’t quite believe it until letter yesterday, the website still not updated!

Yes, but today I'm feeling it. Oh boy.. living in India, so my day here is 5:20pm. We are one day ahead of US time.

I'm like at the end of my rope.

How can I call.. hmm I can call my mom who lives in Florida

And maybe she can call.. I don't have the money to call from here. I only sent a service request.

Side note, I'm also seriously considering to expedite at nvc.. once I get done with this darn i130, if I ever get done 🙇🏻‍♀️ giving up slowly.

I have some financial hardships here in India. Place to stay, money issue, food I'm buying is just really poor, going Nepal every 6 months take $500. Have loans also from my cosmetology school. Darn.

For all of those who can fall under some expedite criteria for NVC should consider it.  I heard it's easier to get that. I'm still not sure.

11 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

Yes, but today I'm feeling it. Oh boy.. living in India, so my day here is 5:20pm. We are one day ahead of US time.

I'm like at the end of my rope.

How can I call.. hmm I can call my mom who lives in Florida

And maybe she can call.. I don't have the money to call from here. I only sent a service request.

Side note, I'm also seriously considering to expedite at nvc.. once I get done with this darn i130, if I ever get done 🙇🏻‍♀️ giving up slowly.

I have some financial hardships here in India. Place to stay, money issue, food I'm buying is just really poor, going Nepal every 6 months take $500. Have loans also from my cosmetology school. Darn.

For all of those who can fall under some expedite criteria for NVC should consider it.  I heard it's easier to get that. I'm still not sure.

Maybe your mom could call and ask to speak to tier 2 officer, good luck, I'm sure you are very close!

Timeline
34 minutes ago, bluewaiting said:

Maybe your mom could call and ask to speak to tier 2 officer, good luck, I'm sure you are very close!

Thank you 🌷

I am going to ask her now. Appreciate your kind words

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

Thank you 🌷

I am going to ask her now. Appreciate your kind words

She called in loud speaker to me.. but options are really difficult

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

Sorry but I think k3 is unfair to those who are waiting so long. 

June, July, August, September, etc filers are waiting in limbo while Nebraska Service Center is busy giving away approvals for this year i130 and k3 filers. Sorry but I feel it.

It's been a year.

And you know we have been waiting a year only to get an rfe in some cases.

This is suppose to be like some kind of hidden shortcut or key.. how are we supposed to know about this when we first filed our i130s.. why uscis is doing this to us. 😭

Yes it may seem like a loophole but it is completely legal and I don’t feel bad for doing it. You can say I played the system but I was honest and straightforward all the time. I did explain why I was doing it. A lot of people told me it was mistake and waist of time...everyone choose for themselves 

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Devon&Sandra said:

Yes it may seem like a loophole but it is completely legal and I don’t feel bad for doing it. You can say I played the system but I was honest and straightforward all the time. I did explain why I was doing it. A lot of people told me it was mistake and waist of time...everyone choose for themselves 

People seem to be angry at those trying the K3 route but I think everyone would have tried it in the first place if they had had the correct information. I learned about the K3 visa when I was preparing the I-130 application but then I read here that it was obsolete, not given anymore, a waste of time because the I-130 would be processed first so I didn't do. The USCIS website actually says this:

"If you are a U.S. citizen and you filed a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for your foreign spouse who is abroad, you can also file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). This is the first step for your spouse and his or her children to obtain a visa to come to the United States while you wait for USCIS to make a decision on the Form I-130. Historically, you and your family members might have been separated for some time while waiting for a decision on your Form I-130. Congress sought to resolve this problem by creating K-3 and K-4 nonimmigrant visas to shorten the time your family would need to spend apart. However, because USCIS now takes less time to adjudicate the Form I-130, the current need for K-3 and K-4 visas is rare." (https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/k-3k-4-nonimmigrant-visas)

So it is not an obsolete visa and the reason so few are granted is not because of processing times but because they approve the I-130 directly! If it wasn't for what I read on this forum I would have filed the I-129F with the I-130 just in case. A lot of people here are actually giving misleading information, not intentionnaly I am sure, but I bet many people were considering filing both applications at the same time and did not do it in the end because of what they read. There is no additional cost and it's the same paperwork to file I-129F with I-130 so why not let people do it?

For our story, look at my profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JulienR said:

People seem to be angry at those trying the K3 route but I think everyone would have tried it in the first place if they had had the correct information. I learned about the K3 visa when I was preparing the I-130 application but then I read here that it was obsolete, not given anymore, a waste of time because the I-130 would be processed first so I didn't do. The USCIS website actually says this:

"If you are a U.S. citizen and you filed a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for your foreign spouse who is abroad, you can also file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). This is the first step for your spouse and his or her children to obtain a visa to come to the United States while you wait for USCIS to make a decision on the Form I-130. Historically, you and your family members might have been separated for some time while waiting for a decision on your Form I-130. Congress sought to resolve this problem by creating K-3 and K-4 nonimmigrant visas to shorten the time your family would need to spend apart. However, because USCIS now takes less time to adjudicate the Form I-130, the current need for K-3 and K-4 visas is rare." (https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/k-3k-4-nonimmigrant-visas)

So it is not an obsolete visa and the reason so few are granted is not because of processing times but because they approve the I-130 directly! If it wasn't for what I read on this forum I would have filed the I-129F with the I-130 just in case. A lot of people here are actually giving misleading information, not intentionnaly I am sure, but I bet many people were considering filing both applications at the same time and did not do it in the end because of what they read. There is no additional cost and it's the same paperwork to file I-129F with I-130 so why not let people do it?

I couldn’t say it better! Thank you

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
7 hours ago, JulienR said:

Also, on a K3 visa you spouse cannot work and travel overseas right away, they have to apply for AED and AP and it takes a few months. But it seems that they don't give K3 anymore anyway, they just go straight to approve the I-130.

I correct myself, you do not need AP to travel overseas on a K3 visa as long as your visa is valid. Still need AED.

For our story, look at my profile.

21 minutes ago, JulienR said:

I agree. This forum is fantastic to clarify doubts and read similar experiences, but the last word is on the official sites. I didn't file I-129F because I read soooo many times that it was obsolete. As long as the form is on the website, it's still a valid route. Lesson learned: try everything available, rely on the information on the official websites. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
16 minutes ago, GoodbyeArgentina said:

I agree. This forum is fantastic to clarify doubts and read similar experiences, but the last word is on the official sites. I didn't file I-129F because I read soooo many times that it was obsolete. As long as the form is on the website, it's still a valid route. Lesson learned: try everything available, rely on the information on the official websites. 

we didn't file it either for the same reasons, so many people here saying it's obsolete etc etc but then yesterday i read the official information on the website and wow i wish i had read it before! we would have definitely filed it. but now we have been waiting for 10 months and it's not worth it for us anymore 😕

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Well, it kind of is obsolete as nobody is actually getting the K3 non-immigrant visa, but it does seem to be a workaround so you get the I-130 approved quicker.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.